Code of Conduct

Default floris lily of the valley, others?

I got a sample of Floris Lily of the Valley from Londons. I don't usually like florals, but this one is great... At first it smelled liked ivory soap, simple and clean. But it didn't last long, it is barely there after three hours. I haven't looked into lily of the valley at all, does anyone have a good recommendation of a simple lily of the valley. I am looking into Caswel massey, floris, or penhaligans.

thanks everyone

Default Re: floris lily of the valley, others?

Diorissimo is a lovely muguet, and has the advantage of being widely available.

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    Diorissimo is a lovely muguet, and has the advantage of being widely available.
    I agree. I love Diorissimo. It is a classic, and the new smells nearly as good as the vintage stuff.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Diorissimo is great. And Coty's Muguet is also very nice and can be found online for very little money. Commes des Garcons' Lily is a wonderful lily of the valley fragrance.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

There is also Crabtree & Evelyn's Lily of the Valley. Taylor of London makes one too (I like their cologne ice stick)

Annick Goutal has Muguet.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 11th May 2009 at 01:53 AM.

After a very nice recommendation, I've ordered Molinard's Muguet, which I found on-line for $15 at 1st Perfume. Fingers crossed.

I've tried Penhaligons and it is very good, in that it seem to evoke that lovely shy and yet heady LOV scent.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I would also throw in Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence, and the EdT version Un Jour se Leve -- YR classifies them as floral chypres, and I get predominant lily of the valley in the floral part.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    After a very nice recommendation, I've ordered Molinard's Muguet, which I found on-line for $15 at 1st Perfume. Fingers crossed.
    Molinard Les Fleur de Provence Lily of the Valley is very good. It is virtually an exact match to C&E's earlier version of Lily of the Valley, which I like better than the current one.

In fact, the only reason I didn't buy the Molinard one, when I came across it in a shop a few years ago, is that I had several back-up bottles of the C&E one.

.....another vote for the Molinard....
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Blog Entries

My favorite is Delrae: Debut. It's probably not listed as LOV, but that's what it is. Very pretty, too.
    I want edit this statement. I think the sample I had was heavy on LOV. I just bought a bottle and the linden is much more prominent. I would NOT consider Debut a LOV scent.
    Last edited by kumquat; 29th May 2009 at 06:53 PM.

The Floris is more expensive but smells great the last time I sampled it. Maybe you could sweet talk someone to get it for you.