Code of Conduct

Default What's Your Limit for the $ You'd Spend

on 1 bottle? Let's say 50ml so the numbers will be relative.

I guess I'd spend $300 tops.
    Last edited by adonis; 11th May 2009 at 07:23 AM.

Default Re: What's Your Limit for the $ You'd Spend

really depends on, when searching for niche, or just a designer.. though my designer limits are like 60 dollars (around 45-50 euros..) for any perfume.. wether 50 (1.7 oz).. 75 (2.4 oz) or 100 (3.4 oz) ml.
    unico grande amore.

US$ 50 for a 100ml bottle. Yes, I'm stingy for this. He he he.

$350-400 if it's a really good scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    $350-400 if it's a really good scent.
    That's insane, haha.. That would mean, all my earnings from 1 month to 1 perfume (student..) haha. Though, if I'd be able to spend these dollars.. I'd probally do it aswell
    Last edited by Giustino; 11th May 2009 at 08:12 AM.
    unico grande amore.

$400

The sky's the limit.

....er... just joking.... $60 for a good bottle

it really depends.
    Luxury, designer and selective scents - about 150-200 euro. But I`m going to slow down and cut the limits.

Vintage and discontinued perfumes is just another story - I shelled out about 500-600 bucks per bottle. It was Djedi Guerlain 1996, by the way. And it was real bargain for one of that limited edition bottles.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

no more than 70$

No more than around $300 for something very very special

So assuming people had the dough, what would be contenders?
    Just curious...

Upto $500 maximum.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Unlimited!

I'm only willing to pay up to approx 90 US cents per ml. My most expensive perfume purchase so far has been Narciso Rodriguez for Her, 100 ml, at approximately US$90.

No niche for me, ever.

$300 tops ...for now!

The 150 euros per 50ml bottle for the Tom Ford Priavate collection is a limit I do not dare go close. I even avoid testing them for fear of actually liking any of them. I tried only Oud Wood but Oud by Le Labo which I already ordered is better I think.

Depends on how much overtime i gets. :@)

$500.

My limit used to be no paying over $200 for one bottle, but Amouage Homage Attar is so beautiful that I probobly going to cough up the $350 for the 12ml bottle sometime in the near future.

Blog Entries

I tend to prefer 100/125ml bottles if available. Hence, I don't own very many 50ml bottles. The most I have spent on a 50ml bottle is $200. The most I have spent on one bottle is $600, but that was a humungous 16oz, and I split it with a friend.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Quote Originally Posted by mcjra View Post
    My limit used to be no paying over $200 for one bottle, but Amouage Homage Attar is so beautiful that I probobly going to cough up the $350 for the 12ml bottle sometime in the near future.
    I agree...Amouage Homage is just awesome....The dipstick in the empty vial that I received from a friendly basenoter just had some juice sticking to it and that just gave me one chance to wear it and decide.....I was blown away....What a pity that I missed out on grabbing a bottle of Homage when 'moreda' was selling a few bottles for US$225.....

EDP/EDT/EDC: Nothing more than $4/ml
    Extraits, Parfum, etc: Well, that's another story.

$400.00 but not graved in stone depends apon scent and how bad I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by ausamamira View Post
    no more than 70$
    Yea, around $70 for a single bottle. Size doesnt matter as long as its either 50 ml or 100 ml.
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

Ain't no way in heck I'll spend over $200 for anything.

Creed, Amouage, By Killian, Bond... all atrociously overpriced!

If I cannot find what I want for under $25 USD on ebay, I do not need it that badly.
    Mind you, I am the girl who spent $1300 regularly on Guerlain limited editions, that was before they started selling juice I would not use to fumigate with.
    I think most things on the market today do not merit my money, let alone the astronomical amounts they want. Most of the scents I have smelled recently I would not have spent more than $15 for, yet I am shocked when the price is $140 or more.
    Makes me remember the days, 10 -15 years ago, when Guerlain was releasing such beautiful "specials" such as : Guet-Appens, Cherry Blossom, Philtre d'Amour, etc... which were all very reasonably priced, usually $40 -$100. Those days are over.
    Last edited by Brielle87; 11th May 2009 at 02:48 PM.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

The most I paid was $520 for a 60 ml bottle of Guerlain Quand Vient la Pluie EDP, and I asked for a 30ml parfum tester with it as well.

$100 for 50ml tops, but not at the moment, because im short stacked :+
    Last edited by DutchSmell; 11th May 2009 at 03:07 PM.

Around $250, regardless of bottle size.

I spent 100$ yesterday on my 100ml of Platinum Egoiste and thats the maximum I'll probably ever spend.

$150 at most, unless it is something VERY special to me. Haven't found one worth it yet. On average my purchases are between $40 and $60.

I have two tiers of price points. The first is for fragrances that are nice, but that I don't feel I've simply got to have them. Some are seasonal, amusing, controversial, or a real bargain that I think I'll learn to like. I generally set that point at around $50.00 for 50ml. I am flexible.

The second tier is for those fragrances that I feel a very strong emotional attachment; those that really bring about a sense of well-being and enhanced identity. For those very few fragrances, there is no limit.
    Don a wig of larks and fly!

$100 for 50 ml bottle would be my limit, but I don't see it happening any time soon as I'm pretty well stocked right now.

Honestly I've never spent more than $35 for a bottle, and couldn't get myself to shell out more than $50 for anything right now. I am a student though, so eventually I'll be able to play with the big boys

I'd probably pay whatever the hell the seller asked for a sealed bottle of Djedi Other than that the max I've ever paid was 225 for an 80ml bottle of vintage L'Heure Bleue extrait. I keep stretching my limit though, although I've also come to the conclusion that a lot of frags just aren't worth the asking price (new Guerlains ).
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

The most i have ever spent was $50 including shipping (100ml bottle). I have done that twice and once was a gift. I would be willing to pay up to $100 for 50ml of something that absolutely blew me away.

I do not intend to own many bottles, just a few well selected ones (perhaps 10). I also get many more wearings per ml than most do, i suspect. Because of these things, it would seem perfectly reasonable to me to buy 50ml for $100 of something i adored because i would get tons of use out of it and would wear it often.

If the bottle is made by Lalique or Baccarat, encrusted with diamonds and gold, I'm only interested as a spectator.

As for actual juice - 50ml? I'll agree with you, Adonis, $300 tops. It'd have to be pretty damn special given the fact there are many MANY others that are a fraction of that and deliver in a big way.

For 50 ml......$35.....I know I know.....but you know.....3 kids to feed...

No more than 150.00

I'd like to think that I don't have a limit, or that it is dependant on many factors, and not finite. But I think that subconsciously I have actually created one for myself. I have already balked twice at similar prices for Straight to Heaven and Vetiver Pour Elle, both hovering around that 220-230 range. I just can't pull the trigger, no matter how much I may love the scents, because that is just one massive chunk of change to be spending on cologne. So I guess, I would have to set a tentative top at around 200 USD.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 12th May 2009 at 12:18 AM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

To be quite honest, I get quite nervous when a fragrance is priced over $100. After all you're just putting it on your skin and it evaporates into the air.
    I'm a voracious discount hunter. And I've never paid over $100 for a new Creed, MpG, L'Artisan or Bond 09. The only exception that I make to this is for Lutens Bell Jars - I have one.
    That said, I've recently spent over $300 on Guerlain's Sous le Vent and I use it like a cologne splash. Every time I slap some on I say to myself, there goes another five dollars - but it makes me smile.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 11th May 2009 at 10:50 PM.

I guess the most I spent on a single bottle was probably (now) Homage Attar, though I swapped it to a friend (it was always for him, never even got a chance to sniff it... tear smiley.) Prior to that the most I had spent on a single bottle were the Kilians fragrances, but as we now see they are really only about $140 for 2oz rather than the $250ish they ask for the 1.7oz in presentation. Realistically, there's no limit for me, but I don't want any bespoke fragrances. I just spent $290 shipped on Patou Pour Homme.. and I do believe that was a good deal, so that's the new winner/new limit, for now.
    If you see this, please be warned that my wardrobe is woefully out of date. It may never be updated. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, but be warned!

$150 but it depends the fragrance and my mood.

Quote Originally Posted by ballplayer7373 View Post
    Honestly I've never spent more than $35 for a bottle, and couldn't get myself to shell out more than $50 for anything right now. I am a student though, so eventually I'll be able to play with the big boys
    Same here, $35 tops for me too. I get great deals on ebay and locally so I can get all the non-niche designers for $15-25 each for 100-200mL bottle. I'm a student as well. Even if I had a well paying job, I just cant justify paying more than $50 ($100 retail) for a 100mL bottle of nice smelling colored water (no offense to anyone but I don't like when companies charge exuberant amounts for exclusivity).
    Last edited by rinosaur; 12th May 2009 at 04:26 AM.