Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Monday 11 May -09

Good morning everybody No earlybirds today?First of all a belated happy birthday to Fredricktoo! Well,today is a rainy and grey day.That's actually fine with me because I really need to edit one of my assignments before handing in my studyfile for the year.As my sotd I'm in Allure.I decidedit deserved some more attention.I tend to get really distracted by all my new stuff! Hope you all have a great day!
    Last edited by ineespenes; 11th May 2009 at 10:49 AM. Reason: spelling mostly:)

Default Re: SotD Monday 11 May -09

Good morning everyone! Here in Stockholm it's a cloudy spring day and I'm wearing Figue Amère by Miller Harris, a nice green fig scent. Have a wonderful Monday!

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Prada - Infusion d'Homme.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'm wearing Dior Homme, one spray to each shoulder. This is perfectly suffcient. How do the boys get on with 15 sprays covering every body part and crevice?

Forever glorious Jicky
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Good morning/afternoon!

Péché Cardinal (Cardinal Sin)

Amandine Marie for Parfums MDCI

They may have called it 'Péché' but for me it is very much 'Pêche' (peach). Lovely fresh topnote, you can almost taste the fruit.
    The heartnote however has a large dose of tuberose, and this comes from a woman who loves tuberose. You need a very light hand or you will be overwhelmed.
    Longevity and sillage are very, very good.

On one of the blogs someone mentioned the smell of leather in this fragrance but I have not been able to trace that. To be honest, with all that fruit and tuberose, I have a hard time to smell the musk or wood

I am not quite sure if this one is for me. Interesting fragrance, worth to be tested more but not a love at first whiff. Not necessarily a bad thing, some fragrances need some time to be loved and appreciated. Patience is all we need.

Notes from MDCI site:
    Top notes: peach, blackberry, blackcurrant, davana, coconut
    Heart notes: lily, tuberose, plum
    Base notes: sandalwood, cedar, musk

A good start of the week to you all.

Hmm, Brotha!! I want to nuzzle your neck.....Jicky
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Red Aoud
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Chanel No.5

Goin' with Ms.R's "Sin" theme -- only in Lanvin Mon Peche, my second time from a sample.

Have a nice week!

Thanks to LilyBelle I've discovered Profumo's smoldering take on Roses....Rose des Bois sort of Ombre Rose out of Rouse with a hint of aoud. Yumsters!

(Can't believe I missed that whole Profumo http://www.profumo.it/perfume/home_english.htm thing going on at the beginning of the year! I'm always late for everyting - unless I'm way ahead....) Got a LOT of catching up to do.)

Wuggles and smooches to all the ailing and encroached and peed-upon. Positive energy streaming your way.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

auburnette

Feminite du Bois (the SL reissue).
    Last edited by auburnette; 11th May 2009 at 12:25 PM.

Looks like the overcast has passed finally and we are in for a sunny week here in New England.
    I hope all of our mothers were spoiled appropriately yesterday.

I am wearing a new House, to me, today courtesy of ComDiva:

Esteban Colere D'Epices

It is always a joy to discover a new House and in this first effort that I've tried from the Parisian niche House, Esteban its even better when the scent is good, too. Esteban's stated purpose is to marry Mediterranean and Japanese aesthetics in their perfumes. The 2007 release Colere D'Epices is translated as the "Wrath of Spices" and is part of the Collection Couleurs. This is another case of the name having little to do with what it smells like on my skin. The spice part is accurate but I feel anything but wrathful over this scent. Cardamom and ginger start things off and this is a beautifully subtle start. Cardamom adds a hint of lemon and in conjunction with the richness of the ginger makes the top spicy and breezy. The transition into the heart begins with the appearance of a clove note which then moves into a light floral dominated by heliotrope. It is here in the heart that the stated Japanese aesthetic is most prevalent. The floral nature is kept at arm's length and it never moves into a full frontal floral. The heliotrope is an equal partner with the clove. The base is also a finely balanced mix of amber and musk. The musk comes off as a sheer white musk mixed with a strong, not sweet, amber. To my nose Colere D'Epices definitely succeeds at making a scent which has Mediterranean influence but done in the way of a zen garden where as you focus on each individual component it is nice but taken as a whole it transcends its ingredients. I am now very curious to try more from Esteban.

Have a Masterful Monday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

I almost wore Duc de Vervins this morning. I just don't know that it's unisex enough for work. Also I think one of the owners of the company wears it.
    AA Laurier Reglisse.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Monday 11 May -09

MOLINARD'S habanita
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Estee Lauder's Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia, from a sample Ubu sent me a while back (thanks, sweetie! ). It's truly gorgeous.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.

Diorella - Christian Dior

Vanille Mokha by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

L'Ombre Dans L'Eau - Diptyque

Happy Monday everyone
    Today I'm wearing Insolence
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Hermessence Vetiver Tonka.
    Have a great day everyone
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

Cerruti Image Woman On this warm and humid morning...Must.Go.Green!
    Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Blog Entries

What a great spring day we are having!

Celebrating with Hampton Sun Privet Bloom while waiting for delivery of our dryer. (I hope this one lasts longer than the last one!)

Greetings, all!

I'm going with a full-on spring theme, in Neil Morris Fragrances Flowers for Men: Lilac.

Hurrah! Purple lilacs (as opposed to En Passant's white lilacs) on a leather base. I always picture an oversized, well-worn and well-cared-for leather briefcase overflowing with lilac boughs.

Speaking of lilacs, guess what?!? My lilac bush that never bloomed (in the 5 years since I planted it, largely due to too much shade, I thought) has bloomed! The kids brought me a vase of lilac stems with my morning coffee yesterday, and I complemented their fragrance, asked where they came from, and was stunned to discover the source was our own lilac bush. Very nice way to start the week.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 11th May 2009 at 02:39 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Basenotes Plus

Hello, everyone! Back from my daughter's very busy but very fun graduation weekend. Thank you for all the good wishes, lovelies. Will post a couple snaps in the Member Photos thread.

Sharing the house with Petruccijc in Prada's Infusion d'Iris

Have a great day, all!
    Last edited by tdem1961; 11th May 2009 at 03:16 PM.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Une Rose Chyprée - Andy Tauer

Good morning from the US West Coast! I'm steppin' out in a purple dress and the wonderful IRIS TAIZO.

Have a great day!!!

Ava Luxe's Midnight Violet in parfum form -- waves to spicegirl
    :wave::wave::wave:
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Hey Dimps! :wave: You smell great!

Things have finally settled down here after my nephews wedding last weekend. Whew! I ended up with 9 extra people in the house, and my sister convinced me to go back to Kelowna with her for a day or two (turned into a week), so am really enjoying a little quiet time now.

Happy Belated Birthday to anyone I may have missed.

It's ORGANZA INDECENCE for me this morning. I'm becoming quite addicted to this scent. Love the spicy peppery opening.

Have a good one everybody!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Finally sampling....

Ormonde Woman
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Guerlain Apres l'Ondee -- thanks to a wonderful sample from sucrose.

L'Artisan Parfumeur
    MÛRE ET MUSC EXTRÊME

Today, I'm in Creed Spring Flower. It doesn't interfere, in fact, compliments, the soapy-flowery smell of my sunblock. (No matter what the calender says, summer has arrived here in my town . . . with a vengence!) CSF is also good today for revisiting the peach-rose and apple-muguet combos detected in yesterday's sampling of Be Delicious Fresh Blossom.
    CSF is so funny with me, sometimes I can't stand the idea of it and other times I want it. One time I was wearing it and someone said "You smell good!You smell like Coast (the soap) and fresh flowers!"
    Well, I suppose that's a fairly accurate description.
    Ethereal Delights: Alien, Black Orchid, Magical Moon, Noa, Anisia Bella, Hypnotic Poison
    Sporty Fruity Florals/Sweet Playful Goodness: Creed Spring Flower, Be Delicious, Nina

Basenotes Plus

Tipsy this morning, in the deliciously boozy Tom Ford Amber Absolute from my teeny tiny sample.

Reading down the thread, I wish that I had worn Diorella, or Jicky, or OJ Woman. Instead I continue my testing of the Histoire de Parfum line. Today it was George Sand. The pineapple top note was jarring on me, and the longevity short.

Nostalgie, I hope you like the Ormonde Woman!

Wearing Aoud Shiny again. This morning is starting off too warm for me, probably because the overnight low never got very low. The Aoud Shiny is turning out to be a good choice for me when I want to feel cool, fresh, and gently but richly scented.

Have a great Monday, everyone.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Hi, Cuties!

Demeter Wet Garden for another day in the landscape.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

Vetiver (Eau de Cologne) by Guerlain

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Wearing Secret Obsession again today because I just like it so much. I'd forgotten it is a bit fruity, but it's not too much. I like it a lot. Good longevity too.

However, it's been hot and sticky today and while doing the weekly shop (Small goes to playgroup on Mondays) I took a good look at the shelves of the Import parfumerie, thinking about scents for hot weather. I've always had a habit of switching over each summer from orientals to citrus and eau de cologne, but I started to actually think about why citruses feel so much more cooling and what is or isn't good in summer. Vanilla can be way too heavy - Dior Addict was a definite no-no - and aldehydes can be too sweet - I was amazed how sweet White LInen is. I didn't even dare go near L de Lolita Lempicka!

I think I'm going to re-read Alicka's thread about searching for a new, green fresh scent for summer and go sniff some of those suggestions. Meanwhile I know Quarry sent me some Demeter Firefly and I suspect that might be dandy.

Have a lovely day, all.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Hello all and sparkling monday wishes for happiness.

Today I am in vintage;

It is a very interesting scent, it is beau-laid type of scent. It is truly the scent of fresh flowers that have been urinated on. There is much to enjoy in it, yet at the same time it smells like one of my cats urinated on my arm. At first I thought my bottle went bad, but after acquiring a second bottle I realize it is just the scent. If anyone has a clue what is going on with it, pm me please.

Love and hugs to all, and hopefully the week will continue on a joyful path for everyone.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Jean Patou 1000 Eau de Parfum

Good Monday, all!
    Spent yesterday with my daughter and 2 grandsons, 3 & 5. They worked hard at giving "Grandma Sword" homemade cards (the best). They call me GS b/c we play pirates and swordfights, and when they were younger, that became my name. I often wonder if they'll be calling me that when they are 18....
    Yesterday's SOTD: SL Bois et Fruit, SOTE: Bal a Versailles

Today's SOTD: AP Bois d'encens
    Later: Black Oud, from a sample I have. I suspect this will go on my want list
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

PM: Coco Mademoiselle
    Midnight: Sampling Annick Goutal Les Orientalistes - Encens Flamboyant , this is probably my first time to smell a perfume with frankincense. Encens Flamboyant smells smokey, oily (almost like petroleum) and it is vaguely similar to Bois d'Encens from the Armani Prive line which I smelled once ages ago. I think I will sleep on it and think about it tomorrow...

Clinique Happy, haven't worn this one is ages.

L' Interdit (Givenchy)

Narciso Rodriguez for Her EdT again. Which, incidentally, I know how to spell and yet get wrong 9 times out of 10.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Montana Parfum d'Homme today.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

L'Artisan's Safran Troublant. Yummy.

Aren't you all yummy today !

Hope everyone made it through Mother's Day all right....
    I'm late- just weary, lots of appointments and such.

Tonight- if things DON'T go awry-
    Neil, David, and I will meet up w/ Christophe Laudamiel-
    He'll be at The Librairie Francaise tonight...

Neil will wear his Swoon- in honor.
    I'm wearing NM's [ and my] Reve Fonce- with fleur-de-lis earrings.

[If he doesn't show-
    the boys and I will have a drink and GO HOME !]

Love you all.
    Hope aches and hurts are better.....

Terry, your gorgeous girl looks JUST like Sandra Bullock !
    When J came home, he loved the pix...and you.
    MWAH !
    Kudos !

Thanks for joining us, TheAttorney!

Today I'm casual in Maja lotion.

This one has lost some of its lustre since I discovered Bal a Versailles, so when it's gone, it's gone!

I hope you all are having an easy Monday!

Fresh Hesperides is up in the alphabet. I thought that last time I wore this I found it unpleasantly synthetic. But this time, I love it again - a fine, big blast of convincing grapefruit. Yum.

(Last time was from a different bottle. One that spent a fair bit of time in the sun. Hm. Drat. Maybe that bottle's dead.)

Crayfish

Had a great Mothers Day with all the family at my Mom and Dads. I wore 31 rue Cambon, Thanks UbU! It was perfect. Today SotD is Bamain - Ambre Gris.

Vetivert by Guerlain

This year's Eau de Shalimar. It is very pretty indeed.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Oh happiness - I found a forgotten d*cant of Baghari EdP (Piguet), so that is my SotD! :bounce:

Happy Monday to all - hope you all have a great week.

SOTD: C&E Dark Rose

Basenotes Institution

Chergui again because I love it so much . Have a good day everyone!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I AM ON A MAJOR PERFUME HIGH TODAY!

Spent the WHOLE DAY talking about perfumes, sniffing them, visiting boutiques... sprayed both arms up and down full too. Got a few nice samples & got to try some stuff I hadn't before.

Started with a SotD (what was I thinking? Should have left more room!) as Dior Escale a Portofino.

Throughout the day, sniffed practically everything at Miller Harris boutique (decided that Quarry might like the bracing, pretty & fresh green petitgrain one; I certainly did), sniffed Parfums MDCI, Roja Dove range, vintage Farouche (sigh; I want, but can't afford)... pretty much the entire Annick Goutal line (and the SA cringed at Un Matin as well, so I felt vindicated), Serge Lutens (cellophane scent = visit to a really posh hairdresser bottled)... oh what else? Bond's new release, just TONS and TONS. Also went to Harvey Nichols upstairs niche perfumery & was told that they're converting the whole floor to fashion this summer, but before that (in June) they'll have a close-out sale with 50% off all stock. A shame, but nice!

Personal favourite comedy moment of the day was realising that:

Spring Flower by Creed = £173. The Impulse Body spray it smells of = £1.89.

AnonymousNose - spooky about your SotD! I think Spring Flower smells nice, but £2 worth of nice, not really Creed prices-nice. You might be able to switch to a much more affordable alternative! (I think it's either Goddess or Siren from Impulse that you want).

Quote below from Unilever:

Capturing the female allure

With names like Thrill, Goddess and Siren, Impulse understands how to capture female allure in a spray. The UK's body fragrance users seem to agree - 50% believe Impulse is the no.1 choice for gorgeous-smelling skin.

Impulse was originally introduced in South Africa in 1972 as a 'perfume deodorant' which was a unique concept at the time. Today, Impulse body fragrances use the latest spray technology for a light and tingly application. And each Impulse variant is dermatologically tested to be kind to skin.
    How it all started

* Impulse was launched in the UK by Elida Gibbs in 1979 (a subsidiary of Ponds) The packaging featured the famous butterfly design with the now-famous slogan 'Men can’t help acting on impulse.'
    * Impulse consistently developed its scent library to keep the range fresh and up-to-date.
    * In 1981 the Jeunesse variant was introduced. The fragrance paid homage to classic French perfumes and managed to make £8 million in the UK.
    * Impulse added even more fragrances in 2003. Siren and the limited edition Siren "sparkling body shimmer" (with reflective particles) made a big impact. Goddess made an appearance in 2004 and put bodyspray products back in the limelight.

Did you know?

* Impulse perfumes have been developed by Ann Gottlieb – the famous 'nose' who is also responsible for the highly successful Calvin Klein CKOne fragrance.
    And as if that wasn't enough, when I got home, my swap-parcel with a bottle of Balahe by Leonard had arrived! Now I can indulge in more 80s nostalgia! It's a boozy/plummy oriental and little certainly goes a long way. Can't quite believe I wore it as a teenager. Husband did a double-take when he sniffed it on me: "Err, that's what you wore when you were a teenager? It's not... quite how you smell now, is it?"

LMAO!!! He'll get used to it; the stuff dries down to a lovely ambery thing.

Soirdelune - Glad to see Eau de Shalimar get some love. One of my favourites (and one that gets compliments). It's an accessible, sensual, gorgeous thing. (Mind you, I experienced the full-on Shalimar today at Roja Dove's again and it's really the bee's knees).

SotE is Tauer Incense Rose - wow! I get very little rose (if at all); it's mostly an incense scent to my nose - somewhere between Heeley Cardinal and Ava Luxe Oude/Bois Fonce.

(Thanks again to veuve_amiot for very generously including this sample. It's the first Tauer scent I tried and it makes me want to try all the other ones so much more).

Nukapai- I agree that Creed Spring Flowers is not worth its price tag. The original I have is from a decant someone gave me. There is also a high-end, pure perfume dupe that I like even better than the original that is still a fraction of the cost. I have a love/hate with CSF. Today, it works for me. I wish we had Impulse body sprays here.
    Ethereal Delights: Alien, Black Orchid, Magical Moon, Noa, Anisia Bella, Hypnotic Poison
    Sporty Fruity Florals/Sweet Playful Goodness: Creed Spring Flower, Be Delicious, Nina