Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armani Code

65 46.43%
  • Burberry Brit

51 36.43%
  • Hard to say, I like them both equally

11 7.86%
  • I don't like either

10 7.14%
  • Sorry, haven't tried them yet

3 2.14%

Default Armani code vs Burberry Brit

I recently tried Armani Code, the opening was the best part of the fragrance.
    Later on, it smelled almost exactly like Burberry Brit.
    Do you also have the idea that these are almost twins except for the topnotes?
    Which one do you prefer?

Default Re: Armani code vs Burberry Brit

Neither appeal to me really, but if I had to choose, I would go for Armani Code.

I like Code (enough to own a bottle). I've tried Brit a couple times and it didn't really impress me that much (I haven't cared for any Burberry scents other than Touch) but it's been a while since I've last tried it, so maybe it's time to give Brit another sniff since so many times it seems people flip flop on scents if they just give it a little time.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

I like Brit's top and mid-notes, however I feel the base is pretty awful. It comes off almost smelling like Raid bug spray on my skin. Code smells nice throughout the life of the fragrance.

They smell completely different to me. I think Shaheen hit it right on the head.

I've never liked one of Burberry's fragrances, I dunno why. By the same token, I'm pretty sure I like every Armani fragrance I've ever smelled.

i own amrani code i like it really alot, it my best armani frag i have ever own apart from armani he and code but code are much stronger last very long time on my skin and clothes im wearing it tomorrow nothing a word can desrible.

I don't know really about Burberry brit never tried it but might do one day when i sneak in fragrance shop hehe, but armani code are best one you can get and it much more then a fragrance!!
    Last edited by perfume4life; 11th May 2009 at 10:56 PM.

I really do not like either. I had to put up a 125 ML bottle of Code at a loss. I sampled Burberry Brit and certainly did not get any WOW factor from this fragrance at all.

Best,

TJ

I'll take Brit. Code has this olive note in it that really makes me sick since I hate eating olives.

I like both.

But if it were up to me, I'd pick the bottle in plaid over "the ultimate code of seduction".
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I'd say Code is a bit more complex and less generic, not that it's a complex frag. Brit seems like it's trying too hard to please.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 12th May 2009 at 12:36 AM.

One for Brit.

Code for sure.....My Wife would also agree.....Gary

Code does it for me everytime. Two thumbs up. Brit is pretty ok. No contest here.

Code if have to choose one ...

Code is expensive, especially for being a mainstream scent.

Jaipur Homme anyone?

But between Brit/Code, my vote goes for Code (I still have my original bottle of black code)

Armani Code

I'd go with Brit everytime, I think Code is very ordinary.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I have chosen Code and I don't regret it

Armani Code. The opening is an interesting mess (and I mean that in a good way) and I absolutely love the guaicwood note in the late drydown.

Brit is alright but the drydown leaves a lot to be desired, imo.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I don't think the two are all that similar. I voted Code, which I really like despite the number of men my age who wear it.

Even though I think Brit smells okay, I can never bring myself to wear or own anything by Burberry thanks to the REALLY negative connotations Burberry has here in the UK (do you guys in the States have chavs?)

Armani Code

Brit smells very clean and suits well for daytime use. A part of me likes it but the roses are a bit too feminine for my taste and it also makes it smell a bit powdery.

Code has a nicer opening, Burberry Bit has a nicer dry down, and it's also slightly stronger. I'd vote for Brit, despite liking code more, simply because Brit is pleasant for a longer time.

Brit truly disgusts me, so cloying, so synthetic, and so powdery. I think it's one of the most overrated fragrances ever made, but the bottle is neat!

Code would be my choice, I have longevity issues with this one, but it does smell sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Brit truly disgusts me, so cloying, so synthetic, and so powdery. I think it's one of the most overrated fragrances ever made, but the bottle is neat!
    Thank god it's not just me! I thought my sniffer was broken

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post

Code would be my choice, I have longevity issues with this one, but it does smell sexy.
    Hahaha, I was going to post this but my thoughts are the opposite. I gave Code a solid wearing finally and it kinda disgusted me. There's something about it that rubs me the wrong way. Brit on the other hand is more complex than people give it credit. The spices in it are wonderful.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Code lacks longevity and Brit lacks something slightly masculine to lift it.
    But ultimately, if I had to make a choice, Brit.

Burberry Brit. I guess from reading reviews this is a love/hate fragrance. i for one, am absolutely in love with it.

WOW! The only thing I would compare Burberry Brit with is Johnson & Johnsons baby powder! Thats all it smells like! & Armani Code im not to keen on either... But if I had to choose between the 2, Armani code beats this 100x's
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

My vote is for Brit.

Code

Sur la Plage

Burberry Brit, hands down
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I don't like either fragrance, but at least Code is wearable, albeit boring.

I think Brit is a terrible fragrance. Smells to me like peppered baby wipes.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Agree with Shamu. Brit is kind of nice in the very first few minutes though, but the promising lemon takes a turn for the worst and ends up as a 10 times more cloying version of Canoe (which is a half way decent frag).

Ask me this question 6 years ago and I would have said Code. Code was one of the first of its kind with its sweet gourmand/oriental blend of vanilla, tonka and spices; but since those years, it's been so copied that if you ask me now, I'd call it boring. Similar to what's happened to Le Male, CW, A*Men, and AdG..

I guess Brit is more distinguished than Code to say the least, but it definitely isn't better imo..

I'm gonna say code simply because brit is too feminine for me. Maybe not the top notes, but in mid and base for sure.
    Looking to purchase - Aventus any size or participate in a split

code, one of my most complimented fragrances from the HS- College crowd. i personally love the scent actually, i smell plenty of other fragrances also but everytime i wear armani code, i am just really happy and enjoying the scent!

Code +1. Brit smells like nasty baby powder. Where do u live Slushie? I live in the bay too!
    Daniel + Jonny + Neurosis = The 3 BFF Amigos <3

Armani Code. I really liked Burberry Brit at first, then later on it became very dull fragrance to me. I do have to admit that it has a bit of aristocratic arrogance in Brit, I like that.

Armani Code is a great spicy fragrance that I avoided for too long. Next year this will definitely be my purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by remixx View Post
    Code +1. Brit smells like nasty baby powder. Where do u live Slushie? I live in the bay too!
    i live in the 408! haha. well to add to the topic a bit more tooill add that i do like brit also but prefer code

I had a bottle of armani code a few years back but like a fool i wore it everyday and eventually got very bored and tired of the smell to where i stopped wearing it all together just so I didn't have to smell it anymore. A few months ago I bought a bottle of burberry london which is a very nice smell, but recently code has been haunting me yet again. Despite its age, it has come through the years with a sense of dignity, rather than the PLEASE GIVE ME ATTENTION notion I get from London.

I love black code...