Code of Conduct

Default Passion Boisee by Frapin.

Who else has tried this?

I broke out my sample earlier this evening and I have to say it was love at first smell. There is a noticable burst of fresh citrus backed with spices and patchouli. The citrus slowly fades out and allows a boozy note to come through. Even though there is a booziness to this it remains fresh smelling. Oakmoss enters and is reminiscent of Coriolan before the leather then makes an appearance. This is not a harsh leather but a very refined soft leather. It has decent longevity and has a noticable sillage that whispers rather than shouts. This scent is pure class.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Thumbs up Re: Passion Boisee by Frapin.

Absolutely, i love the mandarine note, which is proeminet on me. It lasts all the day and the projection is very very good. I own it and adore it.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: Passion Boisee by Frapin.

I've received just today my Frapin samples, all except for 1270. At first sniff it seems it's a darker cousin of Frapin Espirit de Fleurs. I'm still waiting for it to develop on my hand. There's something animalistic in it I don't really like generally.
    By the way, I don't know why there are no reviews for these Frapins. Are these scents to rare, or too worthless to review them?

Frapin is certainly my favourite house at the moment. I have and love very much Caravelle Épicée and Terre de Sarment and I am planning to buy these days Passion Boisée and 1270 (one of the best gourmands I have ever tried, btw). The official Frapin’s site describes Passion Boisée as a woody citrus and that is a pretty acceptable description. It is dry and rich with the beautiful cedar in the drydown. Its ingredients are high quality. It has extremely good longevity and strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    By the way, I don't know why there are no reviews for these Frapins. Are these scents to rare, or too worthless to review them?
    Hmmm, interesting…I asked myself the same thing a few months ago, Sandy. I still do not know what the reason is, but, believe me, the worthlessness is certainly not. And, speaking of Esprit de Fleur, I would say that it is a pretty nice floral green scent, it is maybe just too feminine for me. However, if I have to choose my favourite Frapin’s scent it would be Caravelle Épicée.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

I decided to wear Passion Boisee as my SoTD and I think I might just have to order a large decant. With a heavier application the woody basenotes really do come out, and so does the oakmoss. While the top notes are fresh, by the time the oakmoss, leather and woods appear this transforms into something dark and mysterious, with a dryness balanced by just the slightest hint of sweetness.

I wonder why this house doesn't get much "airtime" here on BN, as all of the Frapin scents I have tried are really well made.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Never tried, but i love my Caravelle Épicée and a sample of 1270 is nice also.

I haven't tried Frapin scents yet, but I do have interest and they are high on my list of future things to sample.

Hopefully they will eventually get adequate discussion here at Basenotes.

I tried this at Scentbar and had a good first impression. I tried too many perfumes that day. I need to get a sample. My favorite is Caravelle Epicee
    Evenstar

double post, apologies......

I have been using 1270 for about 6 months, and am always amazed by it. I have consistently found it to be soft, subtle, boozy, sweet but never cloying. It is honeyed and flavorsome, and always a comfort to me. On the basis of such a unique product which demonstrates a complexity where the layers compliment one another, I chose a bottle of the Passion Boisee today. It has a strong note of white cedar which I love, but there seems to be a spice, or note of incense or something similar in there which I am really luxuriating in.

The quality of the Frapin products is outstanding, and in my opinion, their work stands beside L'Artisan for having a product that is definitely not mainstream, which flows across the palate in a swirl of complexity that intrigues, rather than overwhelms.

I think it's a wonderful scent, and glad it's part of my collection.