Code of Conduct

Default Pure Perfum Extracts

Hi people this is my first post. I would just like to quickly know where it may be possible to get hold of pure perfume extract of the mainstream fragrances. I have not been able to find anywhere really and the best concentrations of mens fragrances have been eau de parfumes so far. I wanted to try real extracts.
    much appreciated.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pure Perfum Extracts

I doubt there is such a thing as pure parfum extrait. Parfum extraits are just higher concentration, and I am not aware of any that are mixtures of only pure oils without some kind of a dilution.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Habit Rouge is the only men's fragrance I know that is also available as a parfum.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I have the Villoresi Uomo in perfume strenght.

Basenotes Institution

The Nasomatto line are all perfume strength. The line is unisex.

Can I ask why you are only interested in pure perfume extracts? Are you under the belief that they are 'better' smelling - which IMO, is not always the case?
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    The Nasomatto line are all perfume strength. The line is unisex.

Can I ask why you are only interested in pure perfume extracts? Are you under the belief that they are 'better' smelling - which IMO, is not always the case?
    of course you may...well I have dry skin and usually this would entail fragrance layering at the very least, especially because I live in the UK now and the weather can be best described as erratic which can reek havoc on your attempts to smell nice. I thought about it and would like to have the option of having a stronger concentration of some good scents instead of having to use shower gel/bath lotion, then moisturise, then scent up which can become laborious and not to mention expensive. Plus you will not always have the time to prepare in this way.

moreover...I don't know much about the difference between EDT, EDP or pure perfume extract smells, I assumed that they just vary in strength, rather than smell.
    Last edited by Aerandir4; 12th May 2009 at 05:35 PM.

Welcome to the forum, Aerandir4. I do think that the edc, edt, edp and pure extraits can smell somewhat different from each other. Read the Habit Rouge thread re the extrait or perfume and the comments there are quite informative about some of the subtle and not so subtle differences.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir4 View Post
    of course you may...well I have dry skin and usually this would entail fragrance layering at the very least, especially because I live in the UK now and the weather can be best described as erratic which can reek havoc on your attempts to smell nice. I thought about it and would like to have the option of having a stronger concentration of some good scents instead of having to use shower gel/bath lotion, then moisturise, then scent up which can become laborious and not to mention expensive. Plus you will not always have the time to prepare in this way.

moreover...I don't know much about the difference between EDT, EDP or pure perfume extract smells, I assumed that they just vary in strength, rather than smell.
    Aerandir4, you cannot automatically assume that because you buy a perfume concentration of a fragrance, that it is going to smell stronger on your skin (dry skin or not).

Of course, the perfume companies (and sales associates) would want you to think so - since perfume concentrations are significantly more expensive. But I think you will learn, if you stick around here on Basenotes, that there are a bunch of scents where the Eau de Toilette or Eau de Parfum actually lasts longer, has more sillage, diffuses more and smells 'better' than the perfume version.

If you are looking for reasons why scents don't last long on your skin, the possibilities are abundant (skin type, climate, your nose, your age, your diet, general health, how many sprays you're applying, what kind of soap/deodorant you use....etc.)

Be patient learning the answers and more than likely you will find the solution that works best for you, your nose and your wallet.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Aerandir4, you cannot automatically assume that because you buy a perfume concentration of a fragrance, that it is going to smell stronger on your skin (dry skin or not).

Of course, the perfume companies (and sales associates) would want you to think so - since perfume concentrations are significantly more expensive. But I think you will learn, if you stick around here on Basenotes, that there are a bunch of scents where the Eau de Toilette or Eau de Parfum actually lasts longer, has more sillage, diffuses more and smells 'better' than the perfume version.

If you are looking for reasons why scents don't last long on your skin, the possibilities are abundant (skin type, climate, your nose, your age, your diet, general health, how many sprays you're applying, what kind of soap/deodorant you use....etc.)

Be patient learning the answers and more than likely you will find the solution that works best for you, your nose and your wallet.
    Ok thank you for the advice, I am a novice at the moment and will take the time to read about the various articles and threads and hopefully i can build on the knowledge and act accordingly.

Is Amouage Homage a pure perfume extract
    Perfume noob

Welcome Aerandir4! The others already gave excellent advice. It is very true that an extrait may not smell the same nor necessarily last longer than a higher dilution. However, there is one more set of qualities about extraits that captures my heart--and that is the preciousness of the small bottle, the act of dabbing (usually), and the intimate, close to the skin qualities that many extraits have. I have become quite a fan of extraits myself, although I can't say I prefer them for all fragrances.

Regarding Habit Rouge extrait--I really want to try this one! Hopefully TPC will have it some day.
    Last edited by Asha; 13th May 2009 at 04:42 AM.

I could add to Habit Rouge by Guerlain perfume and Homage by Amouage (which I believe is attar - pure oils blend) some more masculine extraits.
    Impact by Caron (lavender + vanilla)
    Kobe from collection Falling Stars by Xerjoff (citrus cologne that goes into oriental sillage)
    some multigender propositions from natural perfumers are pure perfumes.

Also could be mentioned arabian/indian attars which are blended natural oils (Arabian Oud is open in London & Paris, I believe) - they usually has oriental character.

I believe that Roja Dove (Harrods) has his own exclusive line by request - and they are in perfume concentration. At least, Roja Dove #7 - the animalic chypre that I have - is true extrait.

I do not think that perfume concentration is best solution for long life of perfume on skin.
    I do like perfume as most precious form, which has had more attention of producers, sometimes included better ingredients than EDT (Guerlain vintage editions could be the proof), and gives very smooth transitions from start to heart and base notes. I like my perfumes to have a great development through the day.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

I always wonder why are there so few pure parfum created especially for men! And why Habit Rouge and not say, L'Instant or Heritage? For example, won't it be nice to have a pure perfume extrait for YSL L'Homme as the original juice is pretty weak?