Code of Conduct

Default MPG on Clearance at Beautyhabit - what does this mean?

Looks like Beautyhabit is cleaning house by cleaning out the Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier fragrances. Some good discounts and I'll probably jump on it, but it concerns me. The recent news on this house has been confusing and not too positive - are they going under? Are they still producing any new stock?

Default Re: MPG on Clearance at Beautyhabit - what does this mean?

I feel like such a vulture with all these clearances and sales. I hope MPG won't go under, hopefully they are just reorganizing, looking at their distribution line etc etc and not dissapearing alltogether.

Meanwhile I'm eager to hear what the shipping is to iceland from beautyhabit.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

25% off is not exactly a blowout... But I do hope they stick around.

Last edited by kess; 12th May 2009 at 09:57 PM.

Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 12th May 2009 at 11:08 PM.

MpG seems to have re-formulated so many of their fragrances that they may get this year's Caron award. I bought a new bottle of Fraicheur Muskissime after sampling some from an old tester and it is much less than it was. I bought a bottle of Bois de Turquie from Beautyhabit, as it's too new to have been reformulated.

Basenotes Plus

So...what's good????

Caron award.....good one, Ruggles. I'd be very, very p.o.'d if I bought one of the higher-priced women's MPG frags (like Tubereuse, $170 full price at Aedes) and found it had been dumbed down/thinned out. I know there's been discussion on the Parfum d'Habit and Route de Vetiver on this subject.

I worry about MPG as they closed their store on Grenelle this year.

Ambre Precieux is still gorgeous.

I also like George Sand.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Even worse is that the new bottles, on top of being uglier (in my opinion, most people like them more than the old ones) are super leaky. The old ones sprayed a small amount cleanly, and all three of the new ones that I've tried leak, and spray too much, and often in squirts.

I'm going to write them a letter about how that's really going to kill their business along with the reformulations - everyone is looking for the old bottles instead of buying the new stock because they're leaky and reformulated... it would be a total shame for such a great line of brilliant creations to go down from business stupidity like that.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    Even worse is that the new bottles, on top of being uglier (in my opinion, most people like them more than the old ones) are super leaky. The old ones sprayed a small amount cleanly, and all three of the new ones that I've tried leak, and spray too much, and often in squirts.
    Does BH have the old or the new bottle styles?

Fleur des Comores is my favorite from this line, and luckily I just restocked. I did notice the difference in bottles/caps/sprayer though, a bit disappointing. Might be worth snagging an Ambre Precieux...

Quote Originally Posted by kess View Post
    No, when I ordered I got a new bottle of Ambre Precieux.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by kess View Post
    Depends on the scent - email them if you have a specific question. I did, and they promptly responded.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I don't see Ambre Precieux there but if I did I would grab this King of ambers pronto !
    -

They have been out of Ambre Precieux for some time now.

The new bottles atomizers really do suck. A stream of Grain de Plaisir turns to a horrid mess on my skin and totally ruins it for me. I end up decanting it into a little 5ml atomizer just so I don't have to deal with the bottle.

I'm debating if I should pick up Bois de Turquie. That's a great price, and the scent really is fantastic.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    MpG seems to have re-formulated so many of their fragrances that they may get this year's Caron award. I bought a new bottle of Fraicheur Muskissime after sampling some from an old tester and it is much less than it was. I bought a bottle of Bois de Turquie from Beautyhabit, as it's too new to have been reformulated.
    Hey Ruggles, I'm not sure you saw my last post in my Fraicheur Muskissime thread, but this is exactly what happened to me. I had an old sample and bought a new bottle. The new bottle is missing something! Its hard to pinpoint, smells a little watered down, less sharp, maybe a little more feminine. I wonder how L'artisan's Mure et Musc Extreme compares..

Quote Originally Posted by Nizzle View Post
    Hey Ruggles, I'm not sure you saw my last post in my Fraicheur Muskissime thread, but this is exactly what happened to me. I had an old sample and bought a new bottle. The new bottle is missing something! Its hard to pinpoint, smells a little watered down, less sharp, maybe a little more feminine. I wonder how L'artisan's Mure et Musc Extreme compares..
    I'm sorry that I missed it Nizzle, it could have prevented me from getting into a war with the e-bay seller I bought it from. Perhaps as it gets older, it will become better. Wishful thinking.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 16th May 2009 at 05:17 PM.

Can someone post a link to old bottle new bottle? Not sure what I have. Now I'm so curious...

I have Ambre precieux and George Sand--which are different to begin with because they market one for men and one for women,
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 13th May 2009 at 09:19 PM.

Hillaire

www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=29300this is the old one with the relief and diamond pattern
    the new ones are smooth.and cheaper.

The George Sand has a different bottle altogether. So does Secrete Datura, which once had a MAGNIFICENT bottle.

Thanks, Hillaire. That's the one I have.OOOOOPS, no wait. I have the new one.
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 17th May 2009 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgie View Post
    Can someone post a link to old bottle new bottle? Not sure what I have. Now I'm so curious...

I have Ambre precieux and George Sand--which are different to begin with because they market one for men and one for women,
    There was a discussion on the Male forum a week or two ago. Someone posted pics of both the old and the new bottles.
    I just received my first MPG. Ambre Precieux. It's as beautiful as I imagined. Of course it came in the new bottle (I was secretly hoping for the old one!) and I agree with the comments about the sprayer. Mine's not too bad, but it is a little inconsistent.