Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lipstick of the Day - What ya wearing?

Chanel Rouge allure no.18 Sexy
    A great every day red lip for fall :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell

MAC Chili with a smidge of So Chaud on top to brighten it up.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

An old workhorse - Christian Dior "Beige Quadrille".

Guerlain Kiss Kiss Rose Strass

MAC So Chaud

Another tried and tested: Clarins Pink Earth

Fresh Sugar Passion

I tend to use the same workhorses over and over again so I don't want to bore everyone with the same entries day in and day out, but for over a year now I've been reaching for my perfectly nudey-rosy-pink Chanel Rouge Coco Mademoiselle #5 - I'm on my third one now! It just seems to go with everything in any color palette ...it's a perfect lipstick.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I was wearing Dior Addict lipcolor, 669, Rose Starlet
    Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

Basenotes Plus

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in #51 Unique, a medium rosy nude.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

MAC Chili

Chanel Rouge Allure in Coromandel ....my perfect red.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    I tend to use the same workhorses over and over again so I don't want to bore everyone with the same entries day in and day out, but for over a year now I've been reaching for my perfectly nudey-rosy-pink Chanel Rouge Coco Mademoiselle #5 - I'm on my third one now! It just seems to go with everything in any color palette ...it's a perfect lipstick.

Evangeline, after going through a red phase, I recently discovered this shade and have been wearing it everyday since! I know exactly what you mean. it really is a perfect go with everything lipstick.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

^It is indeed, rtamara, and good for every skin tone, too ...I just love that Coco Mad #5!

I'm still looking for the same sort of versatility in a true red now, and I think Coromandel might be it, but I'm also enjoying Chanel Rouge Allure in Pirate, which is my lotd.

Another Rouge Coco for me today. Avant Garde
    DONNA

Chanel Rouge Coco in Perlé

Prescriptives Berry Oodles.
    DONNA

Guerlain Kiss Kiss Pushy Pink

Illamasqua Encounter

Chanel Sweet Beige Glossimer
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Plus

Evangeline, I love the Chanel lippy in Pirate & wore it yesterday.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Shu Uemura BG 931
    DONNA

MAC Chili

Basenotes Plus

Chanel Ultra Wear lip color in Alexandrite. It's the darker one in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Evangeline, I love the Chanel lippy in Pirate & wore it yesterday.
    Hi RHM - I just saw this! I love Pirate too - my current favorite vamp.

I'm still enjoying the Chanel reds, and today I've been in Rouge Allure Passion, which is simply another perfect red, lol! I'd say it's the truest red of the bunch, very glamorous.

Basenotes Plus

Rouge Dior Lipcolor in Rouge Blossom

Nars New Lover, which is actually a gloss pencil. Wish they did a lipstick in this shade.
    DONNA

Estée Lauder Pure Color lipstick in Blushing.

Basenotes Plus

Evangeline......that looks really, really pretty! Must investigate!

I've been wearing Chanel Rouge Double Intensity Ultra Wear in Violet Sapphire.

http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragranc...NTENSITÉ-88831

^It is very pretty, a bit pinker than that pic appears, at least on my end ...and more glimmery. I really love the new packaging.

I'm wearing Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Bonheur this morning.

CHANEL Rouge Allure*Luminous Intense Lipstick*#88 / Évanescente (beige)

MAC Russian Red

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine again, but I'm in Boy this morning.

Nars Sheer Lipstick - Mayflower

Basenotes Plus

Chanel Ultra wear in Alexandrite with #14 Carmine lip liner and clear gloss.

Very festive!

Estée Lauder Pure Color in Scarlet Siren.

- - - Updated - - -

Hehe...me again! I'm now in Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Rebelle. I'm in love with these sheer, hydrating lipsticks ...they feel wonderful and they actually stay put for a while.

Last edited by Evangeline; 16th December 2012 at 10:31 PM.

Dior Addict - 857 Positive Red

Basenotes Plus

Revlon Love That Red

Dior Addict lipstick in Androgyne.

Fresh Sugar Berry

Chanel Coco Rouge Rouge Orage - though the lippie is relatively new, the shade is an old favourite: it was my very first Chanel lipstick, which I bought in 1990 at Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris!

^It's so nice to still be able to find an old favorite every now and then.

I'm in Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Bonheur ...this is my very favorite formula lately and I simply want every color it comes in. I just love it.

I was wearing Hourglass Edition this morning. Then my order from SpaceNK sale came so Kevyn Aucoin Dreamin.
    DONNA

I just bought another of the amazing Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks today ...so four down, and about a dozen to go!

This one is called Misia - it's a soft, shimmery peach.

Today I am wearing Kevyn Aucoin Rouge Hommage Goldeneye.
    DONNA

I've been in Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Rebelle again today.

Chanel Coco Rouge Vendōme, one of my favourite (and most flattering) lipstick shades

I'm wearing Chanel Lčvres Scintillantes Glossimer in Intrigue this morning. I actually prefer gloss to lipstick, but it just doesn't last as long ...however, these are very highly pigmented and have pretty good longevity for gloss.

Basenotes Plus

Pretty color, Evangeline!
    I'm hooked on Chanel ROUGE DOUBLE INTENSITÉ ULTRA WEAR LIP COLOUR
    Even though I am fair, I wear Alexandrite with a Carmine lip liner to work. Never fail to get compliments. I think it was a limited edition, as I am not seeing it on their website.

I'm pretty fair too RHM, especially in the middle of winter, but I think dark lipsticks look absolutely smashing against pale skin. The trick that works for me is to be very subtle with everything else, almost no color at all on cheeks and eyes, just a bit of smoky liner. Super chic.

I'm in a deep and dramatic shade today, too - Chanel Rouge Allure in Pirate.

MAC Chili

- - - Updated - - -

Illamasqua Encounter - this has become a favourite lately because it's such a flattering shade: warm, yet bright, but muted enough.

Lipstick Queen Medieval ...this is really a deep berry-juice sort of stain, rather than a full-coverage lipstick. It's very wearable and pretty.

Today I am wearing Kevyn Aucoin rouge hommage Goldeneye.
    DONNA

I'm wearing Clinique's Vitamin C Lip Smoothie in Pom-a-greatness this morning.

Basenotes Plus

It's cold here. so I am opting for fresh SUGAR lip treatment in rose.

MAC Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm "Pure & Tender"

Chanel Rouge Allure in Coromandel.

Guerlain Kiss Kiss Baby Shine

Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie in Strawberry Bliss.

Basenotes Plus

I bought two new lippies today & wore both of them at different times.
    Bobby Brown Soft Petals-a perfect nude with a touch of rose
    Chanel Rouge Allure #37 a bright cherise.