Code of Conduct
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Default Re: Lipstick of the Day - What ya wearing?

Sisley L14, I think its called Rose something.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

I checked out the Dior Rialto. Loved the color in the tube but not on. However, I did fall in love with a stunning coral of theirs, Trafalgar (844)
    dior_trafalgarrougedior001.jpg

Then I wandered over to Chanel & finally decided on Gabrielle. It IS the perfect daytime red. Lots of compliments on the one. It's got a tiny bit of shimmer too.
    _MG_5228.JPG

so what to wear today……

It's snowy & cold outside, I'm staying in.
    After all this color, I'm wearing FRESH Sugar lip treatment. fresh6.jpg

My lips have been so dry of late, even the corners of my mouth are dry & splitting. Ouch!!! Does anyone know if wearing highly pigmented lip colors causes your lips to dry out?
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

^^Yes, it absolutely can! I always moisturize my lips before using anything long-wearing, matte or highly-pigmented, but with actual moisturizer, not a waxy balm since lipstick won't stick very well with balm.

I'm in that pretty Gabrielle Rouge Coco Crème, today - you should be getting a lot of wear out of this one, RHM, it's so versatile, and non-drying!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Dior Addict Collection

I'm in Rouge Coco Shine Misia this morning.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

I am very happy with Chanel Gabrielle.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Eyez View Post
    Chanel Coco Rouge Shine Bonheur
    And again!

And again!
    Me, too! I'm joining Blue Eyez in Chanel Coco Shine Bonheur this morning.

Basenotes Plus

Joining the Chanel CoCo Shine but in #59 Elise

From The Non-Blonde blog, one of my favorite makeup blogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Me, too! I'm joining Blue Eyez in Chanel Coco Shine Bonheur this morning.

High five!

- - - Updated - - -

I am in Rouge Automatique by Guerlain - N164. I think it's called Chamade.

High five!

I'm in Lancôme L'Absolu Nu lipstick in Voile de Rose today.

Dior Addict Extreme Plaza

I'm wearing Lipstick Queen Medieval today, which looks quite intense, but it's a sheer crimson stain, and not nearly as dark on as it appears in the tube.

MAC Dangerous
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Colour in Mod Pink

I'm in Rouge Coco Crème Gabrielle today.

MAC Russian Red

Guerlain Gracy

Gabrielle again today!

Clinique chubby stick in Heaping Hazelnut

Dior Addict in Rose Altesse

Illamasqua Sangers

MAC Lightly Ripe

Basenotes Plus

Gabrielle again today!
    Enjoying Chanel Gabrielle.

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Hmmmm, the dior Rialto looks really good! I'll have to check it out.

Xscent, I couldn't decide between Passion & Gabrielle. However, I prefer the hydrating formula, so I went with Gabrielle.

Similar color…

Attachment 23188
    I love Gabrielle, haven't worn it much lately for some reason. I'm back on an intense red streak so it's Passion with some Rouge Profundis lip liner. RHM I use the Nuxe lip moisturising stick a few minutes beforehand then dab off any excess before applying. Evangeline suggestion also works great, just make sure it doesn't taste of anything, used a moisturiser once that was quite bitter.

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

YSL Rouge Pur Couture in #28, Rose Boheme. Love it!

...and again this morning.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in Rouge Allure Coromandel for the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Me again? I'm in Rouge G de Guerlain Madame Batifole this evening.

Last edited by Evangeline; 27th December 2013 at 11:46 PM.

Rouge Coco Shine Fetiche by Chanel

MAC Lady Danger

An old favorite - Dior Purple Sultan Satin. It's the most perfect deep - but not too dark - purple/plum brownish red I've ever had. Of course discontinued.

Basenotes Plus

dorthea, don't you hate it when they discontinue your favorite lippie? I have a Chanel I adore (Euphoria) and can't find a suitable replacement.

I'm starting off light today with a sample of Chanel Mademoiselle.

Lol, Mademoiselle is yet another love of mine, RHM - it's my favorite neutral nudey-pink, my go-to when nothing else will do. I realize it's famous for this very fact, but I really do believe it's the most universally flattering shade out there.

I'm in Givenchy Le Rouge in Grenat Initié this evening.

- - - Updated - - -

...and this morning it's Coco Shine Rebelle.

[QUOTE=RHM;3028541]dorthea, don't you hate it when they discontinue your favorite lippie? I have a Chanel I adore (Euphoria) and can't find a suitable replacement.

Yes, I do! And I think lipsticks (and every other make up product) have very short life expectancy compared to earlier. Everything is "limited edition" in order to make us buy more.

Today I wear another discontinued favorite: Chanel Allure in Brillant - and orange based red with golden shimmer.

Basenotes Plus

NARS Dolce Vita matte lip pencil with a little bit of Chanel Pagoda lip gloss over it. Very pretty!

I'm in Rouge Coco Crème Gabrielle again this morning.

- - - Updated - - -

...and this evening I'm in Givenchy Le Rouge Grenat Initié again.

Happy New Year, ladies!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 1st January 2014 at 12:36 AM.

Guerlain Rouge G series n76 Gracy

I'm in Lancôme L'Absolu Nu lipstick in Voile de Rose this morning.

Happy New Year, everyone! Today I moved on from the intense red of Shanghai Express to the slightly lighter and sligtly pinker Nars Afghan Red satin texture. From merry to berry!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Joining everybody in Chanel Rouge Coco in Gabrielle.

Lip twins with dorthea in Gabrielle again this afternoon.

Basenotes Plus

I've recently lightened my hair & it's wrecking havoc with my lip stick shades. The more coral shades definitely look best but most of my lip pies are red, blue red or rose.

I wore Chanel Pagoda lip gloss today with Rose Cuirvre pencil.

Dior Addict extreme, Avenue

I'm in Chanel Rouge Allure Coromandel today.

Guerlain Rouge G in Gala

I'm in Rouge Allure Pirate this evening.

Dior Addict Collection

I have decided to wear far more red lipstick in 2014. Today I'm in Chanel Allure in Passion.

I'm in Rouge Coco Crème Mademoiselle today.

Basenotes Plus

Yeah, dorthea! I can definitely support wearing more red lippies. I love Chanel reds: Gabrielle & Rouge Orage are my two favorites. I enjoy Incandescent (a more coral red) in the summer.
    When my hair was darker I loved wearing Pirate but now it's just a bit too dark. I'm very fair, it's too much contrast.
    YSL's #40 Eros is a beautiful blue red & has a sumptuous texture. I also like (and wear quite often) YSL's #28. This one is more like a lip stain with a doe foot applicator.
    Shisedo makes a very classic red lip lacquer #RD501 Very dressy & doesn't bleed.
    Georgio Armani #400 is a thicker but not sticky red lacquer in a clear red. Very sexy!
    And for a matte red, I like NARS lip pencil in Cruella.

So, after all this red talk…..I'm wearing Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet #34, La Raffinee. It's a neutral rose/plum/nude. I'm very casual today & running around picking up supplies before the big snowstorm.

I think it has a more to do with tone than shade, RHM. I'm very fair-haired too, but with cool, ashy undertones, so as long as it's more blue/red than orange/red, any shade or intensity of red will generally be okay for me. Chanel's Rouge Allure Coromandel seems to be my one big exception to that rule, though it leans more orangey in the tube than on, which seems to be a perfectly neutral red, but it's about as orangey as I can go. Anyway, I'm in Pirate again tonight, my perfect classic, deep blue/red.

I think it has a more to do with tone than shade, RHM. I'm very fair-haired too, but with cool, ashy undertones, so as long as it's more blue/red than orange/red, any shade or intensity of red will generally be okay for me. Chanel's Rouge Allure Coromandel seems to be my one big exception to that rule, though it leans more orangey in the tube than on, which seems to be a perfectly neutral red, but it's about as orangey as I can go. Anyway, I'm in Pirate again tonight, my perfect classic, deep blue/red.
    I like the color. Thanks for sharing. I have an idea of what to give for my mom...

For me it's also a matter of tone. I am very pale with ashy skin and silvery hair, and l look far the best in blue based reds. And, yes, for me Coromandel is also the exception from that rule. It's a weird lipstick. It looks (and is!) warm and orange based, but somehow it contains pigments that flatter my ashy skin tone. Oh, and I love Pirate.

Today is so dark and gloomy, I really need something to brighten the day: Dior Addict in Rouge Pop. Haven't worn this in ages.

Basenotes Plus

I fiddle with my hair color all the time. The latest is a very light golden red & I noticed that the lipstick colors I've been wearing just do not look as good. Most SA's take one look at my hair & say I should wear corals. Then we put them on me & for the most part, they look terrible.

However, I was really surprised that this lighter hair color really changes the way lip sticks I've been wearing for months, look on me now. It's a surprise.

Today's lip color is Guerlain Rouge 'G' Gisele 08

I'm wearing PInk Paradise of Nu Color ( Nu Skin Int'l). LOve the color

I fiddle with my hair color all the time. The latest is a very light golden red & I noticed that the lipstick colors I've been wearing just do not look as good. Most SA's take one look at my hair & say I should wear corals. Then we put them on me & for the most part, they look terrible.

However, I was really surprised that this lighter hair color really changes the way lip sticks I've been wearing for months, look on me now. It's a surprise.

That's a very pretty colour RHM. I've got a mass of long dark almost raven black hair and olive skin and I can wear most colours. Passion, Pirate and Coromandel are always in rotation. Chanel Rouge Coco Bois de Iles is a great all rounder it's a lovely brown-pink.

Giving the reds a wee break and going soft pretty pinks today in Chanel Rendez-vous. It looks quite bright pink in the tube but goes on sheer and just a bit shimmery.

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Yes, another hair color really transforms the look of all your lipsticks which goes to show that skin color is only one factor to take into consideration when you pick a lipstick. One year ago I lightened my naturally ash blonde hair to a silvery platin, and all my quiet beige lipsticks look awful on me now. Pure mud! Instead I can wear plum, purple and all the dark colors I otherwise had skipped as a thing of the past. Fun! (and a lot cheaper than a whole new lipstick wardrobe).

Today I'll continue my red journey in Chanel Coco Mademoiselle.

I'm in Chanel Rouge Coco Crème Gabrielle again this morning.

- - - Updated - - -

...and I'm in Rouge Coco Crème Rivoli tonight, a rich, plummy burgundy, though not quite as dark as it appears in the tube.

Basenotes Plus

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous (good grief, what a name) Matte in La Raffinee.

I'm in Dior Rouge Couture Rialto this morning.

Dior Rouge Couture in Rouge Zinnia