Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ben View Post
    Haha - I have to chime in. I bought a bottle of Z-14 and was immediately reminded of IC. The drydown in Z-14 is a bit "hotter", though, and IC has a lovely sweetness to it.

I'm glad I'm not crazy.
    Thanks, then TF IC is a frag I wouldn't even pay $1/ml of
    I detest Z-14
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

Default Re: Tom Ford Italian Cypress = Halston Z-14

At the risk of flogging this well-worn thread, I just received (along with many others) a decant of IC in the mail today. My jaw hit the floor after I sprayed IC on my arm. It *is* vintage Z-14. At least, it's a somewhat higher quality version of it—although I could just be talking myself into thinking that because of its price point.

Very disappointing. I wish I'd made better use of the great resource of the BN forums (i.e., done my research better) before buying the decant.

They are very similar. I own Italian Cypress again and there's no denying it.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by itc_spy View Post
    At the risk of flogging this well-worn thread, I just received (along with many others) a decant of IC in the mail today. My jaw hit the floor after I sprayed IC on my arm. It *is* vintage Z-14. At least, it's a somewhat higher quality version of it—although I could just be talking myself into thinking that because of its price point.

Very disappointing. I wish I'd made better use of the great resource of the BN forums (i.e., done my research better) before buying the decant.
    yeah IC is a little deeper, woodier, and more natural than Z-14, but a little less charming imo, more serious.