Code of Conduct

Question Am I searching for the impossible?

Dear Basenotes community,
    am I searching for the impossible?

I'm a 16-year-old Norwegian girl, who has ever since my 13th birthday been searching for the perfect perfume for me. During the weekdays I'm a great student, and exercise alot. I have tons of friends, and I guess you could say I'm in the popular gang. People might see me as shy, but I just need a while to open up to people. When the weekend comes, I transform to a true party-animal, who doesn't come home until the early morning hours. My wardrobe consists mostly of bright colors and pastels, and so does my room. But the music I listen to and the art I like is mostly 80's punk. I try to be a person who is kind to everyone, and doesn't care what others think of me.

I want a perfume that matches my personality, but how can I find that when my personality is a bit of everything?
    I don't know if it's possible to help me, but I would appreciate it alot.

Default Re: Am I searching for the impossible?

Lerche, welcome to basenotes!

You are searching for what alot of us here at basenotes are searcing for, we call it the "holy grail" fragrance!

I will try to help, but I'm not too well versed in women's fragrances. Here are some suggestions:

Annick Goutal Petite Cherie
    Lanvin Eclat de Aperge
    Chanel Chance

Sample first! Have fun

I want to say welcome to Basenotes, and that you have written a really nice introduction! We are happy to have you.
    Like mcrja, I don't know a lot of women's fragrances. But who knows, you might find a men's fragrance you like -- and wear it!
    You have so many things going on that you might have two or three fragrances. You will wear a different one, depending on your mood and the place.
    Here are a couple of nice scents that you might like, I hope they are available where you are.
    Hermes Eau D'Orange Verte, and Un Jardin sur le Nil.
    Thierry Mugler Cologne

Best wishes to you
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Thank you so much for your awnsers!
    I'll check out the scents you recommended.

Hi Lerche, nice to meet you!
    I'm with Ody; it might be better to find a couple of perfumes that you wear according to what you're doing or what aspects of your personality you want to express.
    Having said that, when I was your age (back in the 80s when Punk was young) I was pretty sporty and an all-rounder; I wore Yves St Laurent's Rive Gauche and it worked for me. You might like to give it a try along with the excellent suggestions above.

Do let us know what you think of the perfumes you try, won't you? Part of what makes Basenotes interesting is finding out more about what everyone thinks.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Sample, sample and sample some more! Keep an open mind; read alot of reviews. Just keep looking and keep educating yourself. You may find that there is more than one Holy Grail for you! Good luck and a big welcome!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~