Code of Conduct

Default Etat Libre d’Orange range now available at Luckyscent..

Etat Libre d’Orange range now available at Luckyscent.... could anyone recommend where to start (sampling) with this line...?
    Last edited by jenson; 14th May 2009 at 10:41 PM.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Etat Libre d’Orange range now available at Luckyscent..

Might as well just start with Secretions Magnifique.....
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

My two favorites are the leathers Rien - very dry and Vierges et Toreros - very dirty.

Their website also offers a sampling program of all 17 fragrances, shipping is a bit expensive though I think
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Jasmin et Cigarette is the best one I've tried, Tom Of Finland is the most wearable, Secretions Magnifique justifiably the most infamous.

In general, I'm not a big fan of this line. There's something tacky and brash about it, and I don't just mean the names and the ad copy.

I've tried Eloge du Traitre -- a slightly greener, fresher version of Yatagan (in other words, nice 'n piney, powerful)
    And Antihero is not bad, a very focused and dry lavender.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

While I have tried SM out morbid curiosity, I am not inclined to seek out the others.

This is very exciting!!!

I no longer have to go down to Henri Bendel in New York to get my ELDO fix!

I like Rien, Eloge du Traire, and Antiheros best. Tom of Finland is eminently wearable.

I am happy to hear they are planning on carrying this line. Up until now you could only get it in the U.S. by ordering directly from the shop in France or by getting the attention of a Henri Bendel sales person to return phone call requests (they don't).

I've tried many of their fragrance samples and am struck by the incredible combinations of masculine and feminine notes to create interesting results that are sort of gender bending combinations. Nothing else like them anywhere else!

I've been told that their fragrances are mostly synthetic, but whose are not?

My favorites of those I've tried are: Jasmine et Cigarette (jasmine and tobacco), Rien (vinyl leather), Rossy de Palma (Pomegranate and Roses), and Je Suis un Homme (eau de cologne / patchouli). But also enjoyed Vierges et Toreros (tuberose / leather). I have bottles of the first three but I have not bothered to analyze them closely enough for reviews.

A line well worth testing for sure.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 16th May 2009 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    I've tried Eloge du Traitre -- a slightly greener, fresher version of Yatagan (in other words, nice 'n piney, powerful)
    This sounds awesome! I'm looking forward to trying this one now.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

oddly, some fragrances can be viewed via search, but not on the etat page.
    Last edited by inmediasres; 15th May 2009 at 02:54 AM.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    Their website also offers a sampling program of all 17 fragrances, shipping is a bit expensive though I think
    The sample pack does not include Secretions Magnifique or Don't Get Me Wrong Baby I Don't Swallow
    Last edited by petruccijc; 15th May 2009 at 04:22 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    The sample pack does not include Secretions Magnifique or Don't Get Me Wrong Baby I Don't Swallow
    That's a relief!

smart move

Can't imagine why...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Vierges et Toreros - very dirty.
    +1 on this one. My favorite from the 7-8 I've tried from this line. It resembles L'air Du Desert Marocain but better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    +1 on this one. My favorite from the 7-8 I've tried from this line. It resembles L'air Du Desert Marocain but better IMO.
    wow! isit? sounds interesting

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    And Antihero is not bad, a very focused and dry lavender.
    Ah boy, you and your pine! You just love that scent, don't you??? Did you tell me you just went to France or somewhere there abouts? I'd love to hear about it sometime!

Basenotes Plus

I second Jasmin et Cigarette and Tom of Finland
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Basenotes Institution

I just noticed a typographical error on the Luckyscent front page: http://www.luckyscent.com/

Look to the very right of the picture, in the column titled 'Just Arrived'...they typed, 'Le Parum est Mort. Vile le parfum!' LOL. Vile indeed.

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I really like Rosse de Palma and Vierges et Toreros. Rossy de Palma is a really nicely executed rose, vierges et Toreros is a very dirty leather and vert strong. If that combo appeals to you. It does to me and I like it quite a bit.
    I've got samples of Rien and Tom of Finland that I'm early in my sampling of but I have good first impressions of both.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Basenotes Plus

I've tried almost all of them & enjoyed Jasmin et Cigarette & Tom Of Finland but I bought Rossy d'Palma. I love this spicy rose scent. It's one of my absolute favorite rose/incense fragrances. My sister bought Don't Get Me Wrong baby, I don't swallow, which is actually a lovely white floral. You've got to move past the advertizing with these. It's funny, she's a firefighter/emt & works with all men. She got a kick out of the name.
    As always, try before you buy.