Code of Conduct

Question Should I get this?

I've been wanting to try a new makeup routine, I have kind of a hodge-podge right now.
    It's really hard to start over from scratch. It can cost a lot up front. I've been curious about mineral makeup and I've been looking for some warmer shades to go with my newly henna'ed hair. I came across this at Sephora and it looks like a really good deal. What do you think? Any input on the brand?
    http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...d=RVP#moreInfo
    Ethereal Delights: Alien, Black Orchid, Magical Moon, Noa, Anisia Bella, Hypnotic Poison
    Sporty Fruity Florals/Sweet Playful Goodness: Creed Spring Flower, Be Delicious, Nina

Default Re: Should I get this?

Ah, no one's tried these colors yet? Well, they are kind of new. I suppose if they look really bad, I can just return them.
    Ethereal Delights: Alien, Black Orchid, Magical Moon, Noa, Anisia Bella, Hypnotic Poison
    Sporty Fruity Florals/Sweet Playful Goodness: Creed Spring Flower, Be Delicious, Nina

Post Thanks / Like

they seem to be quite expensive to buy blind... do you have a sephora nearby? I've also seen Bare Escentual shops in the malls recently. i guess they branched out into retail.

Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely try before you buy, if at all possible. I have used Bare Escentuals before, but it's been a number of years. I loved the colorless mineral veil powder, but the makeup colors didn't work on my very pale skin. I'm sure they have added so many shades since then, though, that even I could find one that suits. Still...I don't usually have good luck with blind buys on makeup.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to work at Sephora and did more make-overs with BE than I care to remember. I can tell you that all of the colours in this set could work well with most skin tones, with the exception of the Mermaid eyeshadow. Mermaid is a blue-green colour and can be somewhat difficult to work with; subtle application and a lot of blending are necessary.
    If you are able to, go to the closest Sephora and have a make-over with BE, it will be fun for you and you will learn application tips for the line.
    Good luck
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say try before you buy. I use the Physician's Formula mineral wear powder and it works great, fairly cheap at around $12 and they have several natural skin colors, not too pink or orange like many mineral powders. I've gotten many compliments on how nice my skin looks, so I am happy with it. For e/s and such I have a hodge podge too, but usually I just end swiping a bit of whatever blush I am using for a natural look. If I want to use bold colors, I limit it to eyeliner only so I don't feel like Mimi from the Drew Carey show. If you want to a good product with bold colors at a lower price point, try the NYX brand.

I used to be majorly into mineral makeup before I burned out on it. It's still all I wear, but I'm not a MMU sample fiend anymore. I found my favorite brand, called Suki Color. Bare Escentuals was one of the first brands I tried, and I can tell you that there are way better brands out there. It's overpriced, and it contains a substance called bismuth oxychloride that is notorious for making skin itch. It made my skin itch. Also other women seemed to notice that it accentuates their fine lines. Head over to the mineral makeup forum on makeuptalk. You'll find lots of bismuth-free brands mentioned there. Of course, beware... you might become a sampling fiend, too.
    Last edited by lotusindigo; 21st May 2009 at 03:10 AM.