Code of Conduct

Default Acqua di Parma Colonia and Assoluta

I've got Colonia.
    Is Assoluta different enough to warrant a separate purchase?

Default Re: Acqua di Parma Colonia and Assoluta

I only have Colonia Assoluta but have sampled Colonia. I think they are different enough. Colonia has more citrus or at least a more lemony scent to it and also smells more floral, at least to me.

No matter what else you own, Assoluta is worth owning as well.

I'm a real fan of Assoluta as it is far less floral that the standard Colonia which, in itself, is lovely. The citrus in the Assoluta is also much more complex to this old nose. I suggest a tester first as a few friends of mind didn't think that there are significant differences.
    Don a wig of larks and fly!

No love for Intensa? Please try it as well. I can't stop smelling it when I spray it onto the back of my hand. Very different smelling from the original and Assoluta.
    Last edited by adonis; 16th May 2009 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    No love for Intensa? Please try it as well. I can't stop smelling it when I spray it onto the back of my hand. Very different smelling from the original and Assoluta.
    Surely there's love for it, just it's quite an another scent, has about nothing to do with these two ones - of course except for the company.

Colonia Assoluta seems to last much longer - believe it is an EDP compared to Colonia which is an EDC. I prefer Assoluta personally, though I also find Colonia to be zesty and enjoyable.

Definitely worth having both if you really enjoy Colonia.

I actually have both and love them.If you love that type of fragrance enough it makes good sense to try Assoluta as it is different in all phases of its development.

I Love and have both.....Assoluta is my favorite.....I purchased both and am not sorry.....I am a Big fan of AdP and the Blu Med Line
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Surely there's love for it, just it's quite an another scent, has about nothing to do with these two ones - of course except for the company.
    I know, just wanted to make sure my baby is represented

I think both are worth getting because they are very different from one another and are both excellent. Whereas the Colonia has a light, slightly sweet scent, Assoluta is much drier and has a bitter, woody note to it that makes it very different from the Colonia. Also, the Colonia is a good unisex scent, whereas the Assoluta, in my opinion, is more of a masculine fragrance, almost like a dark aromatic fougere.

Basenotes Institution

Yes, one can easily own both.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    I think both are worth getting because they are very different from one another and are both excellent. Whereas the Colonia has a light, slightly sweet scent, Assoluta is much drier and has a bitter, woody note to it that makes it very different from the Colonia. Also, the Colonia is a good unisex scent, whereas the Assoluta, in my opinion, is more of a masculine fragrance, almost like a dark aromatic fougere.
    Short answer "Yes'. Colonia has been my summer in HK and anytime in Southeast Asia (where there is no winter) pick me up for 12 - 15 years so I was skeptical when Assoluta popped up. I think it's a testament to Adp that they brought in two heavy weights like J.C. Ellena & B. Duchaufor for this exercise and above description pretty well covers it, along with some of the excellent reviews elsewhere.

This is one collaboration I would be interested to read an interview / conversation about. J.C. Ellena was clearly the 'Mr. Mediterranean Citrus' guy to turn to (Declaration, TDC Divine Bergamote, FM Bigarrade + Concentree etc.) but then B. Duchaufor - another angle altogether, Dzongkha, Jubilation XXV et al.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

The two are both worth having.

IMO, Assoluta is actually a stand-alone scent piggybacking on the brand collateral of the well known Colonia. They are only similar in the sense that they both contain lemon, as do a lot of other citrus scents.

While we are on the topic, if you like leather (of the slightly smokey kind) you may also want to sample the Colonia Intensa edition.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

They are certainly disparate enough to warrant the purchase of both. However, I don't find that Assoluta excites me anywhere near as much as Colonia.
    Last edited by Bartlebooth; 17th May 2009 at 08:21 AM.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Inselaffe View Post
    They are certainly disparate enough to warrant the purchase of both. However, I don't find that Assoluta excites me anywhere near as much as Colonia.
    I totally agree. However, I found Colonia Intensa worth purchasing.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I used to think that all the Acqua di Parma scents are fine but nothing outstanding, longevity a little wanting, until I smelt Colonia Intensa. That one really blew me away.

On me, Assoluta lasts a lot longer than Colonia and Intensa.
    I don't know that you'd need both of them though.
    Renato