Code of Conduct

Thread: Terre D'Hermes

Default Terre D'Hermes

Hello fellow aussie Basenoters.

I am selling Terre eau de toilette, Vap. spray (unwanted gift). 100 ml 90-85% full with box. It is just too powerful for me and my liking.

Asking $70 plus P&H.

Or I'll swap it for Habit Rouge, Heritage, L'Instant , Floris No. 89 or AdP Colonia Assoluta, Intensa, Colonia.

Posted on sales forum as well. Prefer an australian buyer as it will be easier to post. Too much problems posting overseas.

Can provide a photo on request (I am in Melbourne btw).

Cheers,
    Alex
    Last edited by Alex; 27th May 2009 at 12:10 PM.

Default Re: Terre D'Hermes

Edited, swap option added.

Cheers,

Hi Alex,

Apologies for not PM-ing. Would you mind posting the photo ? Also, have you got any idea how much postage is ? (in my case to Adelaide metro).

Hi Dr. Rudy,

Please refer to the attached link for the postage prices. Take your pick (I selected to Prospect as I understood it is not far away from the city)

http://www1.auspost.com.au/pac/aus_parcel_select.asp

Photo attached.

PM me if interested.

Cheers,
    Alex
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Alex,

Thanks. I was going to swap you the Habit Rouge - however, I went to check with Australia Post, and they won't let me post it. Here's what they had to say:

Perfumes with flammable solvents are banned from Domestic and International Post and are classified as “dangerous goods” by the United Nations Committee of Experts. A dangerous good is an article or substance which is capable of posing a risk to health, safety, property or the environment.

Perfumes with flammable solvents are defined as a Class 3 Flammable Liquid. Under certain conditions perfumes and perfumery products with flammable solvents can give off a flammable vapour capable of being ignited in air when exposed to a source of ignition. This would have devastating effects in a confined space like the hold of an aeroplane. Transport of dangerous goods is regulated to prevent accidents to persons or property, the environment and other goods.

The carriage of perfumes with flammable solvents is not permitted by Australia Post Standard Terms Conditions or the Universal Postal Union and is also enforced by the Australian Civil Aviation Safety Regulations which prohibits the carriage by air. The only conditions under which Australia Post would carry perfumes and perfumery products with flammable solvents are:

* When the customer has an individual contract with Australia Post for the carriage of Consumer Commodity Dangerous Goods. The goods are transported by road under strict conditions dictated by the Australian Dangerous Goods Code (ADGC) and supporting legislation.

* When the customer has provided a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) or similar documented evidence proving that the product with flammable solvents is not classified as a dangerous good.

Australia Post will verify and approve the article for lodgement upon receipt of a MSDS.

Sorry Alex - that all seems too hard - or it means lying when I post the parcel, which I'm not inclined to do.

Hope you can find a Melbourne swap - Renato - TdH must be the only thing you don't have in your wardrobe (and you need it). Jathanas, how about you ?

Can one of our Melbournians help Alex out?

Hi Dr_Rudi,

Habit Rouge sounds good to me. Could you check how much the courier would cost? Shouldn't be overly expensive, should it?
    If it is possible then we'll send each other a frag that we both can enjoy more. I'll be away for the weekend and if you find courier (reasonably priced), please let me know.
    Cheers,
    Alex

Anyone in Melb. needs TDH?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    Hi Alex,

Thanks. I was going to swap you the Habit Rouge - however, I went to check with Australia Post, and they won't let me post it. Here's what they had to say:

Perfumes with flammable solvents are banned from Domestic and International Post and are classified as “dangerous goods” by the United Nations Committee of Experts. A dangerous good is an article or substance which is capable of posing a risk to health, safety, property or the environment.

Perfumes with flammable solvents are defined as a Class 3 Flammable Liquid. Under certain conditions perfumes and perfumery products with flammable solvents can give off a flammable vapour capable of being ignited in air when exposed to a source of ignition. This would have devastating effects in a confined space like the hold of an aeroplane. Transport of dangerous goods is regulated to prevent accidents to persons or property, the environment and other goods.

The carriage of perfumes with flammable solvents is not permitted by Australia Post Standard Terms Conditions or the Universal Postal Union and is also enforced by the Australian Civil Aviation Safety Regulations which prohibits the carriage by air. The only conditions under which Australia Post would carry perfumes and perfumery products with flammable solvents are:

* When the customer has an individual contract with Australia Post for the carriage of Consumer Commodity Dangerous Goods. The goods are transported by road under strict conditions dictated by the Australian Dangerous Goods Code (ADGC) and supporting legislation.

* When the customer has provided a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) or similar documented evidence proving that the product with flammable solvents is not classified as a dangerous good.

Australia Post will verify and approve the article for lodgement upon receipt of a MSDS.

Sorry Alex - that all seems too hard - or it means lying when I post the parcel, which I'm not inclined to do.

Hope you can find a Melbourne swap - Renato - TdH must be the only thing you don't have in your wardrobe (and you need it). Jathanas, how about you ?

Can one of our Melbournians help Alex out?
    Hi Dr_Rudi,

I paid a visit to Australia Post office today and inquired regarding the above. I was told that it is true for all parcels sent by air (plane), however, Australia Post permits sending of fragrances interstate if it is sent by Regular parcels - Road service for parcels weighing up to 20kg throughout Australia.
    So, it's no problem there. This is why anyone can send a parcel from Oz to overseas, only by sea. I myself sent a bottle of Adolfo Domingues to Switzerland to BN buyer, narcus. He received it without any problems, just had to wait a bit longer.
    So, it is possible. You just have to mention at the office that you are sending it as Regular parcel, which means by road, not air.
    If you still ok with the swap, pm me and I'll provide my postal address.
    Cheers,
    Alex

Price drop, now $50 plus P&H. Don't want it to collect dust on the shelf.

Cheers,
    Alex

PM Sent
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

SOLD to the fellow Australian Basenoter.

Thanks,
    Alex