Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: FAT ELECTRICIAN - Semi-Modern Vetiver from ELDO

Quote Originally Posted by heynow View Post
    The vetiver note is far more distinct in FE then the vetiver in VO, but the contrast/balance iwth vailla, particularly in the drydown, is definitely unique. Even lonf into the vanillic base I was catching whiffs of vetiver.
    Looking forward to trying it...hopefully it lands here soon. I'm a big ELDO fan regardless, but this sounds very unique.

Basenotes Institution

Is the vanilla sweet and foody?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Is the vanilla sweet and foody?
    Not really at all, it is far more subtle. The closest vanilla I can think of is Montale Chypre Vanille.

I have to say ... I just received this in my samples from Luckyscent and really, really don't like it.

Just my 2 cents ...

The description is scary. The perfume is not. Turns out to be the most wearable ELDO to date. Very pleasant to my nose. Do I want a whole bottle? No. Would I enjoy a 10-15ml decant? Yes.

Basenotes Institution

A gourmand vetiver with a metallic twinge. Gosh, it does sound scary.

I don't get the 'metallic' twinge people are describing... is that a reference to the sharpness of the vetiver? What sounds odd on paper happens to work well. Most vetivers have something to balance the pungency of the vetiver: Guerlain has tobacco, many use citrus.... ELDO uses vanilla and for some reason it works and smells totally normal.

Having spent the last 10 days sampling every scent in the ELDO line, I've got to say that in general they are creative, wearable fragrances that aren't very expensive. Reviewers seem focused on the fact that the marketing is so wild, but I think the marketing is supposed to be a goof on other houses. Of the 20 or so ELDOs I've tried I'd want bottles of about 10 of them.... a much higher % for me then most other houses.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heynow View Post
    Having spent the last 10 days sampling every scent in the ELDO line, I've got to say that in general they are creative, wearable fragrances that aren't very expensive. Reviewers seem focused on the fact that the marketing is so wild, but I think the marketing is supposed to be a goof on other houses. Of the 20 or so ELDOs I've tried I'd want bottles of about 10 of them.... a much higher % for me then most other houses.
    I agree about the line: great scents, excelllent value for money. I have so far eight ELd'O scents and two more (Bendelirious and Fat Electrician) are on my wishlist.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."
    Currently wearing: Encre Noire by Lalique

Agreed. I have Nombril Immense, Encens & Bubblegum, Vraie Blond, and Bendilirious. Had to hold back on buying Rossy de Palma, and now wanting FE.

Great scent - no other vetiver smells alike!
    Carlo Corinto or Bois 1920 could be its predecessors
    My 3yrs son likes its sweet sillage on me
    Vetiver The Great!!!

One of the reviews mentioned grapefruit on the drydown... anyone else get that? I certainly did, sweet, warm, peppery grapefruit.

I don't get grapefruit, no, but then again I don't have that mature of a nose. I've owned this one for a couple of months now and it's easily in my top 10. I'm a huge vetiver fan and own quite a few of the superior ones (Vetiver Extraordinaire, Vetiver Oriental, Original Vetiver, Guerlain Vetiver) - but this one (FE) is totally unique. It's like no other vetiver I've ever experienced. I don't know if it's the sweetness or what, it's just brilliant (IMO). I've almost convinced myself that I need to go ahead and procure 2 or 3 backup bottles.

As much as I enjoy FE, I'm going to have to let it go in the classifieds. Great deal on FE if you want it!

Dependent

I just got a sample of this. GOOD. Feels like a Tom Of Finland (the scent, not the character) meets Vetiver, IMO. They both have a nice powdery sweetness.
    Last edited by MFJ; 18th December 2010 at 07:47 PM.

Basenotes Institution

I finally smelled this one, when I was in NY at New London Pharmacy. I loved it, which I assumed I would. I am such a fan of vetiver, it's hard for me not to warm to a new vetiver scent. Still, this has a sweet uniqueness to it that held me in its spell the entire time I sniffed it on my right wrist. It, and Noel au Balcon, are on my To Buy list.