Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1

    Default Is Fascination Perfumery in UK legit?

    Has anyone purchased from Fascination Perfumery in the UK? A friend and I here in the USA noticed they have remarkably good prices on some Amouage fragrances and wanted to make sure they are legit before we spend all the $$$. A recent Creed fake has made me a little hesistant about too good prices. Thanks--AnnS

  2. #2
    Wordbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,069

    Default Re: Is Fascination Perfumery in UK legit?

    I've never bought from them but they look solid enough. I do like to see a bricks and mortar shop behind a website. It gives me a feeling that I could go round there and complain if I needed to. Ridiculous, I know.

    But if we have any Basenoters from the North West, maybe they know Fascination in Lytham St Anne's and can tell you if it's pukka.

    Hope it's all good and you get your bargain. x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

    I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

  3. #3

    Default Re: Is Fascination Perfumery in UK legit?

    I just called them today, there are absolutely legitimate, the lady over the phone was very friendly and you could tell that she had a good knowledge of fragrances. Also some of the fragrances you can buy online but on others such as Creed you have to call them and order it. You should have no problem with them and they have been trading for 22 years approx. happy buying.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Is Fascination Perfumery in UK legit?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    I've never bought from them but they look solid enough. I do like to see a bricks and mortar shop behind a website. It gives me a feeling that I could go round there and complain if I needed to. Ridiculous, I know.

    But if we have any Basenoters from the North West, maybe they know Fascination in Lytham St Anne's and can tell you if it's pukka.

    Hope it's all good and you get your bargain. x
    Wordbird - thanks for the response - I too noticed their bricks and mortar image on their website and that helped give me some more confidence.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Is Fascination Perfumery in UK legit?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir4 View Post
    I just called them today, there are absolutely legitimate, the lady over the phone was very friendly and you could tell that she had a good knowledge of fragrances. Also some of the fragrances you can buy online but on others such as Creed you have to call them and order it. You should have no problem with them and they have been trading for 22 years approx. happy buying.
    Wow - thanks for checking up on them. There are just so many shops - how can you tell? Thanks!!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Is Fascination Perfumery in UK legit?

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnS View Post
    Wow - thanks for checking up on them. There are just so many shops - how can you tell? Thanks!!
    it was obvious that she (phone attendant) understood perfumery terminology and when I asked about certain niche perfumes she knew the fragrances houses and names of some fragrances straight away. She also invited me down to the shop which is approx 50 minutes away because I live relatively near so that concludes it for me. Anyone willing to invite you down to the store before you even buy shows that there are ok. I also asked about their pricing (as you put it: relatively cheap) and she said that thats the price amouge told them to sell it for which is quite normal for any expensive fragrance company that sell their products to stores.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Is Fascination Perfumery in UK legit?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir4 View Post
    it was obvious that she (phone attendant) understood perfumery terminology and when I asked about certain niche perfumes she knew the fragrances houses and names of some fragrances straight away. She also invited me down to the shop which is approx 50 minutes away because I live relatively near so that concludes it for me. Anyone willing to invite you down to the store before you even buy shows that there are ok. I also asked about their pricing (as you put it: relatively cheap) and she said that thats the price amouge told them to sell it for which is quite normal for any expensive fragrance company that sell their products to stores.
    Thank you so much for your extra comments - Amouage is very expensive in the USA. Will proceed with confidence!

  8. #8

    Talking Re: Is Fascination Perfumery in UK legit?

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnS View Post
    Has anyone purchased from Fascination Perfumery in the UK? A friend and I here in the USA noticed they have remarkably good prices on some Amouage fragrances and wanted to make sure they are legit before we spend all the $$$. A recent Creed fake has made me a little hesistant about too good prices. Thanks--AnnS
    Since this post, have you make any purchase from them? I want to order some Amouage fragrances from them. I sent them an email but didn't get any reply. Thanks-Waterlily

  9. #9

    Default Re: Is Fascination Perfumery in UK legit?

    VM I Hate Civet is well acquainted with Fascination, and speaks very highly of them. I'd trust her judgement.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

  10. #10

    Default Re: Is Fascination Perfumery in UK legit?

    Thanks, soirdelune

  11. #11

    Default Re: Is Fascination Perfumery in UK legit?

    Dear AnnS,

    Have you since order any perfume from them? I noticed they have really good price on Amouage perfumes. I like to order a bottle of OPUS I from their online store. I have sent them a few email messages but received no response, so I kind of hesitate to put in my order. I would like to see anyone can help me out here. Thank you.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Is Fascination Perfumery in UK legit?

    I ordered two Amouages from them last sunday. All I got was a receipt in the browser. No mail confirmation or anything. I mailed them yesterday morning asking for the order status, still no reply.

  13. #13
    gupts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    S/E suburb
    Posts
    3,926

    Default Re: Is Fascination Perfumery in UK legit?

    Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    I ordered two Amouages from them last sunday. All I got was a receipt in the browser. No mail confirmation or anything. I mailed them yesterday morning asking for the order status, still no reply.
    They don't respond to any number of emails you send to them.
    If you've got a receipt, you can be quite hopeful that your order will be processed soon.

    I bought 2 Amouage attars from them a few months ago. Placing an order is the most difficult part. However once that was accomplished, things were smooth.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Is Fascination Perfumery in UK legit?

    Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    They don't respond to any number of emails you send to them.
    If you've got a receipt, you can be quite hopeful that your order will be processed soon.
    I'm just a bit concerned regarding the shipping rates. UK orders are 4.99 and for overseas order add 10. As I live in Sweden I guess I should pay 14.99, but the webshop said 4.99 and there were no way to select any other shipping fee. The money reserved on my VISA is for UK shipping, and I don't think they can take more money than I allowed when I made the purchase, as I have something called "Verified by VISA", which means I have to enter a personal password for every transaction made.

    Well, I guess I just have to wait and see if I get my Amouages, if not I hope I'll get my money back so I can order from Luckyscent (at almost twice the price)...

  15. #15

    Default Re: Is Fascination Perfumery in UK legit?

    Ok, today I got my money back to my account - they were reserved for about 5-6 days. Still no reply to my e-mail. Today I "cancelled" the order by moving back the money from my internet shopping-account. I will probably never order from them again. I guess they're probably legit but they've got very bad customer service, not answering e-mails nor giving any information/order status. I will order my Amouages from amouage.com or Luckyscent now, they're more expensive, but got excellent customer service.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Is Fascination Perfumery in UK legit?

    They are legit, but they have some weird system or they are not very good at order handlings.

    So here's my story:
    I ordered Reflection for Man on 11 Jan, 112 + 5 special delivery(in uk next day)

    Called them on 18 Jan they said that they will check what's happening and call me back, they called me back after 45 minutes saying that they will send it on following day and I will have it day after. Reason was that something has gone wrong with my order.
    Money weren't gone from my bank account until 20 Jan.
    Anyway my second call was on 22 Jan Saturday, "it has been sent already sent so should be with me on Monday or Thursday".
    I wanted Track Number, because postguys are too lazy to come up to my flat and leave the 'you were out card' so I can pick it up (3rd time it happend to me) but she said that she has not have it as someone else is handling postage and also stores Tracking numbers and if I won't have it on Monday or Thursday to give them a call.

    Well most people would lost their patience with them but I am nice and patient pearson, and it really sound that maybe they could send it on Thursday, could get delivered on Friday so I will come on Monday, but I did not see Special Delivery not coming next day yet.

    Anyway I waited...

    On Thursday 25 Jan I did not have it, Tried to give them call but it keept saying number busy...
    Gave them a call on Wedesday 26 Jan at 13 o'clock number busy...
    I through f@#$ I don't have track number and it will return to them, wanted to send the email, but 1 hour later finally their phone started to work, called them, they gave me track number, royal mail website said they tried to deliver it on 25 Jan at 13:12 and left 'you were out card' ofc they did not leave a card.
    So I went to office and finally got my Amouage Reflection for Man...

    And yes, fascination perfumery customer service were laying, because on stamp it says it has been sent on 24 Jan! Came on 25 Jan!

    So if you wanna save money and you're patient enough you will get what you want.
    Price for Reflection Man in Harrods or Selfriges is 135 + 5 delivery,
    I paid 112 + 5 delivery.

    Overall
    Savings 23
    Waiting time 14 days!!!

    So I do not know what's wrong with this guys, but they could easily write that's something is out of stock or they could have told me it, or maybe that they only send post every 2 weeks? But their terms in condition states 3 days for uk and 8 for international lol...
    Payment system is not very good either if it took 9 days to take money of me?
    I do not know what are these guys reasons for so bad order handling, but I will probably be ordering more from them like Serge Lutens or more Amouage.

    I hope someone will find it usefull thanks.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Is Fascination Perfumery in UK legit?

    Anymore info on these guys? I placed an online order and I got an order confirmation at the end of the checkout, but no status update since or email, and it's been 3 days. And my credit card hasn't been charged. Sent three emails with my order number, no reply.

    I'm assuming they're processing my order, there just don't communicate it very well with customers. And their shipping takes forever. Sort of the vibe I'm getting after reading this thread.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 5th June 2011 at 06:05 AM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Is Fascination Perfumery in UK legit?

    That's it... they don't communicate well... promise to send an email when the product is shipped, but don't do it. They charge your credit card when they actually ship the product. So, you have to phone them, if you want to know about the timing. Their prices are hard to beat for some things, so I accept that fact. I have ordered three or four times with them and it always worked well.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Is Fascination Perfumery in UK legit?

    As Soirdelune says higher up the thread, they are totally legit and have a great bricks and mortar store I have visited three times. The staff are knowledgeable and the selection of niche and designer brands they carry is the biggest I have seen in the UK. I have ordered by mail order with no problems, and while I can't speak for those who have had communication issues, the prices are genuine and they do deliver.

    PS I have written several blog posts about them if anyone is interested to read more about the store experience side of things - it is an absolute Aladdin's Cave and well worth a detour if you are in the NW. (If you google "Bonkers about Perfume" and "Fascination Perfumery" that should fetch them up.)
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

    http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Similar Threads

  1. I have a question about colognes being legit.
    By Juanamichi in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22nd February 2011, 02:58 PM
  2. Synthetic vs. Natural Perfumery
    By scentophile in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 24th October 2010, 04:41 PM
  3. Opening of the International Museum of Perfumery in Grasse
    By scentophile in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20th October 2008, 05:35 AM
  4. Celine Ellena presents the use of mimosa and cassie in perfumery
    By scentophile in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 9th October 2008, 08:57 PM
  5. employee in perfumery treating me bad
    By kiddo in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 19th April 2007, 04:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000