Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Men wearing pour femme

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    Any real man isn't going to give a crap about whether the fragrance is "For Men" or "Pour Femme" - if it smells good, wear it. Don't worry about whether it's "manly" or not to wear a "Pour Femme" frag.
    I guess I just don't cut the mustard in the "Real Men" stakes, which I guess makes me very unmanly.
    I may be in need of some therapy after this.

Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I guess I just don't cut the mustard in the "Real Men" stakes, which I guess makes me very unmanly.

Renato
    By the same token, talking about perfumes is supposedly a "girly" thing that "real men" don't do. So I guess, by my own definition, we're all real men here!

I want to thank everyone for your thoughts, experiences and opinions - you gave me a good assurance to wear what I enjoy, not what's written on the bottle. Needless to say, the sample I mentioned is already out, I have ordered the scent and am eagerly awaiting the delivery!

Yeah people should feel free to wear whatever they want. But I wouldn't personally wear a 'pour femme' perfume that is solely targeted for women. The reasons being, I don't want to smell like a lady or be wearing something that my mother/sister would/could wear. I also wouldn't want to attract the attention of some guy thinking a nice scented lady is around when it is in fact me wearing it

I can appreciate these scents when women wear them as they do smell nice, but as for wearing them myself, no thanks. There are plenty of 'pour homme' fragrances out there to keep me happy.

I'm the paragon of masculinity that when I wear any pour-femme perfumes, even the most girly florally perfumes like Beyond Paradise smells masculine on me.

</sarcasm>

Xilonic: What is the "pour femme" in question?

Quote Originally Posted by GourmandHomme View Post
    I'm the paragon of masculinity that when I wear any pour-femme perfumes, even the most girly florally perfumes like Beyond Paradise smells masculine on me.

</sarcasm>

Makes me want to slap on the new Britney Spears perfume. Wonder if I can pull it off.

By the same token, talking about perfumes is supposedly a "girly" thing that "real men" don't do. So I guess, by my own definition, we're all real men here!
    Very perceptive point.

For me, the conversation often gets almost uncomfortable if the issue of male scents come up in a discussion with other males - I can see their minds racing away with "wtf is this about - this is girl's stuff - this is odd" or the like, from their hesitant responses.

Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 19th May 2009 at 11:05 PM.

Yes and no. It's an ad hoc thing. Some women's frags (Obsession Night for Women for instance) just about any guy could pull off. Others, some over-the-top florals, probably not. To me, it's a question of 'how girly is it?' Some women's perfumes do inhabit an exclusively feminine domain in my view, others not so much.

Makes me want to slap on the new Britney Spears perfume. Wonder if I can pull it off.
    Have a go at Gucci Rush - nothing that says super-sickly-sweet-fruity-floral that you can detect it from 50 meters away.

I thoroughly enjoy Blue Ralph Lauren and Emporio Armani She both so good and a little feminine but I wear them with confidence and don't really care what people think. I wear fragrance for myself and for my own indulgence. Strangely no one ever compliments me on my scent be it feminine or masculine so I just say hey, I wear whatever. Life is too short to follow the norms. Just do you. Be authentic. The world worships the original

Quote Originally Posted by fperdices View Post
    I just bought Acqua di Parma Profumo. It's marketed towards women but it works for men too. I also own D&G Light Blue for women. Now that's one that should be marketed for men.
    I've always wondered why AdP's Profumo is marketed to women. I tried some years ago, not knowing it was for women, and I could have sworn I was wearing a spicy, leathery men's fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Try some aroma therapy. I recommend Shalimar.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Splits: Ferragamo Incense Suede, Trumper Eucris, O'driu Eva Kant.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov