Code of Conduct

Default Mini Reviews: Creed VIW and Santal Impérial

Stopped by NM on my way back from Saks. Got to spritz two Creeds on that I've been interested in for a while (BTW, as a fragrance fan, the Creed counter is almost overwhelming. You don't know where to start)

Virgin Island Water: Pretty, check. Summery, check. Coconut and Limes, check. Good if you're lounging in Palm Springs around the pool, but not too many other places I can think of wearing it. I think it belongs in the feminine scent camp.

Santal Impérial: Created Pre Civil War! (1850) . Finally a Creed that doesn't dry down to Ambergris. Beautiful and somewhat subtle sandalwood. I find myself sighing and making "mmmmm" sounds when I sniff my wrist. Simple and elegant. This one is really, really, really nice. Now I just need someone to hypnotize me out of wanting it.
    Last edited by adonis; 18th May 2009 at 01:46 AM.

Default Re: Mini Reviews: Creed VIW and Santal Impérial

VIW is just oh so perfect for the kind of weather we have here, I wish it had better projection though. Not tried Santal Imperial but it does sound like my kind of a frag

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Thanks for your initial impressions. Yes the Creed counter can be an over whelming place. they usually stock 30 or so scents.

Weird, I get lots of ambergris in the Santal imperial dry down. I'm too lazy to look it up but I'm almost positive.

If your looking for a Creed without the Ambergris/Vanilla dry down look into Tabarome (not the millesime one) or Bois de Portugal. I don't think you'll find either of these on the feminine side.

I haven't tried the Santal Imperial yet; it is one I really should.

Sur la Plage

I am looking for a good sandalwood fragrance for the summer - so I tried Santal Imperial recently. I must admit I found it rather bland and boring, with low sillage and longevity (that part did not really surprise me).

So the search continues.......
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I am looking for a good sandalwood fragrance for the summer - so I tried Santal Imperial recently. I must admit I found it rather bland and boring, with low sillage and longevity (that part did not really surprise me).

So the search continues.......
    I'd like to know what you end up choosing. Now I've got the Sandalwood Jones

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    I'd like to know what you end up choosing. Now I've got the Sandalwood Jones
    I know - me too. I got this idea in my head that I HAVE to find the perfect sandalwood fragrance. I am sure it is going to dirive me crazy.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread