Code of Conduct
    Hillaire

Default Vintage Quelques Fleurs like Chanel 19

I recently acquired a fresh bottle of Quelques Fleurs from the early seventies, and I am finding it uncannily similar to vintage Chanel 19. I am floored by the similarity. The only difference I can detect is slightly more milkiness in the QF's drydown.
    Needless to say, it bears no resemblance to the new stuff.
    I wonder has anyone else tried this/ had this fragrance in the past?
    Did you find it to be like 19 as well??

Default Re: Vintage Quelques Fleurs like Chanel 19

bump...

I've never tried QF. Now my curiosity is piqued! Another to add to the list.

Ay, I'm running out of hoarding & hiding places (from dh). lol!

I wore and enjoyed Quelques Fleurs in the late 1970's. To my recollection it was a warmer, rounder scent than No. 19. I have an olfactory memory of a rose-violet floral accord with some ripe-fruit accents. Agree with the milky quality of the drydown. Maybe something in your bottle has sharpened over time and become closer to No. 19's characteristics. Lucky you to find a bottle from the golden era! Btw, that stuff being marketed these days by Houbigant claiming to be QF 'Original' is total b.s.

Hillaire

Thanks for your replies, after all this time! I think you are right about the distinctions, also mine is an edc splash, which I suspect is more "brisk" in attitude. It definitely does not strike me as turned, though.
    A really neat find, I agree. Another Estate Sale wonder, btw!
    And the new stuff is so chemically, who could believe that "original recipe" Spiel!?

Adding time travel machine to my list.

It's insane how some scents have been 'adjusted' and some flat out ruined over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardanel View Post
    I wore and enjoyed Quelques Fleurs in the late 1970's. To my recollection it was a warmer, rounder scent than No. 19. I have an olfactory memory of a rose-violet floral accord with some ripe-fruit accents. Agree with the milky quality of the drydown..
    I had a bottle of Quelques Fleurs bought in 1988. My memory of it was of roses, violets and perhaps some white flowers. I don't remember fruit accents. I liked it very much. Unfortunately I bought it and wore it during one of the most difficult times in my life, and now I cannot bring myself to smell it. Somebody sent me a sample not too long ago, and it made me incredibly sad.
    Last edited by arwen_elf; 3rd April 2010 at 02:16 AM.
    Evenstar

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    Thanks for your replies, after all this time! I think you are right about the distinctions, also mine is an edc splash, which I suspect is more "brisk" in attitude. It definitely does not strike me as turned, though.
    A really neat find, I agree. Another Estate Sale wonder, btw!
    And the new stuff is so chemically, who could believe that "original recipe" Spiel!?
    Hi my gorgeous Hillaire,
    i compared the vintage quelques fleur pure perfume with the EDT vintage, and the pure perfume concentration is almost identical to the original Chanel no 19 EDP. The vintage EDT however is more flowery instead of green, more sweet than 'mossy'. I prefer the mossy version on Quelques fleurs!
    Love,
    Bookshop

Hillaire

Thank you, Bookshop! YoOu are such a great resource with your boundless library of scents!

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    I recently acquired a fresh bottle of Quelques Fleurs from the early seventies, and I am finding it uncannily similar to vintage Chanel 19. I am floored by the similarity. The only difference I can detect is slightly more milkiness in the QF's drydown.
    Needless to say, it bears no resemblance to the new stuff.
    I wonder has anyone else tried this/ had this fragrance in the past?
    Did you find it to be like 19 as well??
    Hi

I have been searching for a long time to obtain Quelques Fleurs which I always used in the 70's and early 80's it then disappeared.

I will try Chanel 19 and let you know my opinion
    Quelques fan