Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: Worst Fragrance Ever???

I`d prefer to not name any fragrances - partly because somebody like it, partly because they were made by some perfumer, with some idea and intentions, and based on some vision.
    They could be cheap or ininspiring, boring or bland - I would not buy it and leave those bottles to somebody else.

Also it`s hard to name for me as I tend to forget not so good perfumes (also I have no bad perfumes in my wardrobe ).
    Vetiver The Great!!!

The worst scent ever created is Usher. It's absolute garbage.

It's a good thing this thread got bumped because I would like to nominate Stecca by Hilde Soliani. *shudder*
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I know I'll make some enemies with this one... but Straight to Heaven by Killian - smells like that sulfur pomade that people use on girls heads before they'd hot iron their hair when I was a kid growing up in the Caribbean.
    Last edited by gerbick; 27th July 2009 at 09:50 PM.

Either CdG 2 - chocking on magnolia dust while drowning in ink. Wtf!?

Montale Musk to Musk - If only I were made of glass. This stuff is industrial strength window cleaner.

Montale Mukhallat - death by sugar.

Kenneth Cole Black - the fact that this is consistently a top seller speaks volumes about hte masses. It has some interesting ideas but is sickeningly synthetic and rather schizophrenic in its composition.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

XS Black
    Le Male JPG
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post

PLEASE. KILL. ME.
    Recently I had the chance to sample this one! Correct, continue...

Caesar's Man

Le Male
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Mazzolari Lui

Quote Originally Posted by Elgar Place View Post
    Ain't that the truth!

Kenneth Cole Reaction = urine / lemon combo
    I'm so happy to see all the Kenneth Cole bashing, seriously. Disjointed seems to be the guiding principle of nearly everything they do.

Man, I almost threw up when I smelled the ANGEL A*MEN by Theirry Mugler. Totally smells like the uncleaned public men's restroom. How in the world anyone can wear that is just beyond me.
    Last edited by Pug911; 27th July 2009 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH
    I got a few WORST SMELL EVER off memory:
    Really awful worst ever IMHO:

Azzaro Pure Vetiver - Worst reaction I ever had to any fragrance. I smell something very green that kills organisms much smaller than myself. Not j/k. This smells carcinogenic type dangerous.

Among the worst, but not deadly:

Creed Orange Spice - A gorilla who subsists on a diet of nothing but rotting citrus peels throws a handful of gung-gung out his cage. Olivier catches it, and says (in ridiculous french accent) "Maarhveloouse"

Kouros - A strong sporty fragrance gets knocked over and spills into a well-used urinal. The owner collects what he can from the urinal liquid. Keeps it. The end.

Maitre Santal Noble - A 19th century british judge changes his illegitimate son's diaper in the powdered wig closet, while drinking the most delicious and expensive sweetened coffee.

Z by Zegna - Windex blended with a high quality sandalwood base. WTF.

Creed Acier Aluminum - An Astronaut toilet crashes thru the roof into Grandma's house into a pan of banana-apple-spice pastry.
    I also must add:

Profumum Aqua Di Sale - Imagine a beautiful saltwater beach, sunny and packed with people, some have lotion on, some smell like camphor-sunscreen/noxcema, and just off the beach, is a resort hotel with a chlorine pool. you are standing at the back of the beach, near the hotel pool, and when you turn towards the beach, you smell the saltwater and the lotion/sunscreen. what a refreshing smell. you turn back towards the hotel pool, smelling strongly of CHLORINE, just in time to see someone carrying soda, nachos, and a little candy get knocked into the pool. it causes a big splash and all the food scatters over the waters surface. 3 children in the pool simultaneously sh!t their bathing suits, and the FECES float amongst the soda/nachos/candy. it all floats together in the chlorine water, and a breeze blows the smell out towards you, and you are now having trouble smelling the ocean air. you move back out towards the ocean, away from the pool, but the breeze is still blowing out. You think: "hopefully they clean the feces and food out of that pool soon..." meanwhile, mothers are applying purel to their hands, after frantically wiping their children with BABY WIPES, upon taking them out of the pool.

it smells like that. *capslock for main notes*
    Last edited by DULLAH; 28th July 2009 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug911 View Post
    Man, I almost threw up when I smelled the ANGEL A*MEN by Theirry Mugler. Totally smells like the uncleaned public men's restroom. How in the world anyone can wear that is just beyond me.
    Are you sure you're smelling AMen? I mean I could understand that description if you were describing Kouros, but Amen? Don't get me wrong it's noxious stuff, but not because it smells like a restroom. What bathrooms do you visit that smell of chocolate and tar?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Naw dude. A*Men smells awesome.

On topic: Paco by Paco Rabanne

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I also must add:

Profumum Aqua Di Sale - Imagine a beautiful saltwater beach, sunny and packed with people, some have lotion on, some smell like camphor-sunscreen/noxcema, and just off the beach, is a resort hotel with a chlorine pool. you are standing at the back of the beach, near the hotel pool, and when you turn towards the beach, you smell the saltwater and the lotion/sunscreen. what a refreshing smell. you turn back towards the hotel pool, smelling strongly of CHLORINE, just in time to see someone carrying soda, nachos, and a little candy get knocked into the pool. it causes a big splash and all the food scatters over the waters surface. 3 children in the pool simultaneously sh!t their bathing suits, and the FECES float amongst the soda/nachos/candy. it all floats together in the chlorine water, and a breeze blows the smell out towards you, and you are now having trouble smelling the ocean air. you move back out towards the ocean, away from the pool, but the breeze is still blowing out. You think: "hopefully they clean the feces and food out of that pool soon..." meanwhile, mothers are applying purel to their hands, after frantically wiping their children with BABY WIPES, upon taking them out of the pool.

it smells like that. *capslock for main notes*
    Dullah, you being a lover of green (as am I), I personally dare you to order a sample of my previously mentioned scent Stecca from Luckyscent, and try to wear it for 30 seconds without having to hold your food down.

Shalimar EDP for me on my skin

I have yet to try Sécrétions Magnifiques, I can stop at Henri Bendel, I understand they carry it but then I will have to take my 1.5 hour train ride home and can you imagine the torture I will be putting people through if it as bad as people say

Sécrétions Magnifiques isn't that bad. What's worse is Miel de Bois by Serge Lutens.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    What bathrooms do you visit that smell of chocolate and tar?
    The Hansel and Gretel house bathroom probably smells like A*men.

Quorum is another dislikeable fragrance for me!
    Last edited by somnambulist07; 28th July 2009 at 01:48 AM.

CD Fahrenheit. I either got told it was the most vile smelling thing or the best smelling ever. I went with most vile and gave it to my dad.

To classify something as the "worst", it would have to be bland, uncreative, and smell bad. Secretions Magnifique smells pretty bad...but no one can deny that's it's pretty darn unique and creative!

My vote goes to Hypnose Homme...bland, boring, generic, and bad...all at once.

Special shout-out to my personal hate-on's...Chinatown & Lipstick Rose. May you both die a slow, painful death.

I am not sure if I've already mentioned this but 'Oscar pour lui' (reformulated version) is by far the most loathsome juice I've smelled so far..

Pretty much any of the ouds from Montale are "the worst"... for me at least.

So far, I've missed the truly bad fragrances.

There are some I have no intention at all of ever wearing, a number that were kind of "meh", and a deodorant that ended up smelling literally like aged roadkill on me ...

OK. That IS a massive failure for a deodorant, "skin chemistry" or not, but you get the idea.

In a truckstop bathroom there was an odd cologne spraying machine... insert $.25 and hold hands over a nozzle and a "similar to best selling fragrance ___" would squirt. They had Polo Sport, Drakkar, Obsession, Polo, and Cool Water. Of course i tried them all.

The putrid, vile excrement that eviscerated itself from the Drakkar nozzle resembled a dead bloated skunk's asshole stuffed with kraft singles, almost melted a hole in my hand. Should've spent the quarter on the camel hair french tickler instead.
    Last edited by Big Punisher; 28th July 2009 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    My vote goes to Hypnose Homme...bland, boring, generic, and bad...all at once.
    I actually think this might be my choice too. Immediately regretted spraying myself with a tester. Regretted it even more as it dried. Awful.

Lagerfeld Classic - Eau de Olde Lady
    -One reviewer wrote that it smells like an old musty theater. It does. Almost pure talc.

Caron Pour Un Homme - Eau de Older Lady
    -Sharp lavender followed by a very powdery vanilla. I wanted to like this one. : (

Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire - Smells extraordinarily like Dracula's crypt
    -The Vetiver is very strong, earthy and natural but smells like my hands after picking weeds in the garden.

AromiErotici

What?.......No hatred for the dreaded Haschish Homme by Veejaga? It smelled liked polyurethane yanked out of a chipmunk's ass.

[QUOTE=gupts;1574454]I am not sure if I've already mentioned this but 'Oscar pour lui' (reformulated version) is by far the most loathsome juice I've smelled so far..[/QUOTE

... ...

i also remember someone saying it was like " count draculas cough medicine"

i luv it .

IIt smelled liked polyurethane yanked out of a chipmunk's ass

Is that worse than Kourus ?

Paul Sebastien Design=All time worst for me

Mugler B*Men=Peanut Butter!!!

Lacoste Booster

Joop! Go

Givenchy Pi

Curve Soul=Most boring

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Are you sure you're smelling AMen? I mean I could understand that description if you were describing Kouros, but Amen? Don't get me wrong it's noxious stuff, but not because it smells like a restroom. What bathrooms do you visit that smell of chocolate and tar?
    I came back to Sephora the second time and tried the same one with same result: It smelled aweful and this is the one, in black container:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...4lMjBjb2xvZ25l

It didn't smell anything like chocolate at all. It smelled like piss to me. I am sorry, but could it be a "bad" bottle or what???? Next time, I will try Angel Men from a different place. Will update!

I second A*Men, Kouros and Paco Energy.

Thumbs down Re: Worst Fragrance Ever???

It would still have to be Givenchy's Insensé Ultramarine.

Don't ask. You really don't want to know--other that it has no incense, it's not marine, it's not aquatic and it smells as if a can of hairspray exploded inside a rapidly sinking submarine.

But besides that, it's just terrific.

Yuck!

Cry me a River,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    Pretty much any of the ouds from Montale are "the worst"... for me at least.
    I wouldn't call them the worst, personally, but definitely the most overrated. The house reminds me of BPAL - churning out a ton of scents that all smell flat and with little refinement. They have the occasional gem but I don't see why they are so well respected around here. Besides, they sell for like $60usd over in the middle east - and that's after markup. Do you really think they are using much if any oud at all, much the less high quality oud? Real oud would have to be blended in fairly large amounts to be noticeable in their nuclear brews.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 28th July 2009 at 08:40 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Do you really think they are using much if any oud at all, much the less high quality oud? Real oud would have to be blended in fairly large amounts to be noticeable in their nuclear brews.
    A basenoter went to Paris a couple years ago and spoke with Pierre regarding whether or not real or synthetic oud was used in their perfumes. There's some long-debated-locked thread on the subject and it was concluded to contain real oud by word of mouth from Pierre and some reliable sources. Don't know if this holds any truth now.

Though I agree, the line is rather weak, but there's still some gems hidden in all the trash. Crystal Flowers in the aromatic line is good. Black Aoud & Oud Cuir d'Arabie are at least worth investigating, and that Santal de Mysore Parfum (looking to try it) sounds gorgeous from description.

I'm indifferent with the house.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 28th July 2009 at 09:00 AM.

Well, they can use say, 1gram of oud in a 1000ml blend and say it contains real oud. I don't doubt that they use *some* real oud, but I really doubt that they don't bolster that with a synthetic agarwood accord, too.

To me, the house proves that to many a scent's strength is indicative of its quality and I wholeheartedly disagree with that notion, often finding the most interesting and well blended scents to have lesser tenacity.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Reformulated or not, Oscar de La Renta Pour Lui is one of the most loathsome juice to me *spits*

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Reformulated or not, Oscar de La Renta Pour Lui is one of the most loathsome juice to me *spits*
    very creative

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    It would still have to be Givenchy's Insensé Ultramarine.

Don't ask. You really don't want to know--other that it has no incense,
    It never claims to contain incense. JaimeB in his review mentioned: "The name, by the way, is French for "senseless," "foolish," "insane." In Vibert's: "OK all you English-only speakers, don’t go out and buy this thinking that it’s an incense fragrance. That would be “encens.”

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Mazzolari Lui
    I agree. This sounds like something I'd like, and I've read the praise it receives from some folks on basenotes, but I've tried it twice and found it equally horrible both times.

Hugo Boss in the canteen bottle. It smells like a burnt out tire doused in gasoline. Vile.

For me it's a toss up between:

Creed Silver Mountain Water - too syrupy sweet

and

Givenchy Pi - vanilla bathroom air-freshener

Sécrétions Magnifiques sounds like something a vampire would use. Made with blood? What the hell?? I have nightmare just thinking about it.

drakkar noir

My pet bête noire: GoodLife - Davidoff. Grrrrr!

I clearly remember the day I tested A*Men for the first time -- giddy, excited, & hopeful, filled with glee like a kid in a candy store...Was at fragrance heaven (Marionnaud in Manila, all those frags just out all lined up, waiting to be tested)...I reached for A*Men first because of the love it receives here at BN and ... *bam* I felt sucker punched by the school bully.

*sniff*

Don't like Black XS (arrrgh headache alert!) and Kenneth Cole Black either.

I , on the other hand , luv quite a few of the scents that have been mentioned on here. (I've owned when first released A*Men , Fahrenheit , Le Male , Kouros and Joop). ...
    And now own and adore M7, and pretty much enjoy Agarwood in all it's many varied "shades".
    Though I do agree that Montale, occasional gems aside, are far too overrated ! (Undeservingly so !)
    And even Secretions Magnifiques , which at very first sniff felt like an assault, I have grown to appreciate. And now think it has it's own unusual beauty. It also smells and develops very differently on different skins. (And each time I've sample it, I smell something different). ~ So I certainly rate it high on originality and creativity. (But it sure aint pretty though ! LOL)

BUT there are two scents that try as I might to give them a chance, still remain totally offensive to my nose ... SL's Miel de Bois ... + ... C&S's Citrus Paradisi

And of course "Calone" and I will never be friends ! (And all the mediocrity it's incorporated into)(LOL)
    Last edited by Sybarite; 28th July 2009 at 05:42 PM.

Versace The Dreamer was a complete disaster on my skin.

Luckily Amazon took it back as it was only sprayed about 2 or 3 times. I just had to eat the cost of shipping, which was far more enjoyable than the nightmare in a bottle known as The Dreamer.

Quote Originally Posted by weylin View Post
    Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire - Smells extraordinarily like Dracula's crypt
    -The Vetiver is very strong, earthy and natural but smells like my hands after picking weeds in the garden.

That sounds good to me!

But US$140 for 50 ml?

Joop Homme
    Last edited by arda; 3rd July 2011 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djamison66 View Post
    For me it's a toss up between:

Creed Silver Mountain Water - too syrupy sweet
    Jesus, you put too much sugar in it.

Chopard Casran is the worst for me..

till this day , i smelled something less then 50 different scents, and i will choose Narcisso Rodriguez for him as a first guess.
    Sniffing that was horible experience . i almost forgot
    Givenchy Pi . You should sniff those two if you intend to have a nice cup of a headeche.
    Really bad fragnances, and i mean really bad.
    Last edited by tonijel; 29th July 2009 at 01:05 AM.

Bumping my own answer as I don't believe people think A*Men/Kouros/Pi are the worst ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
    In a truckstop bathroom there was an odd cologne spraying machine... insert $.25 and hold hands over a nozzle and a "similar to best selling fragrance ___" would squirt. They had Polo Sport, Drakkar, Obsession, Polo, and Cool Water. Of course i tried them all.

The putrid, vile excrement that eviscerated itself from the Drakkar nozzle resembled a dead bloated skunk's asshole stuffed with kraft singles, almost melted a hole in my hand. Should've spent the quarter on the camel hair french tickler instead.

Quote Originally Posted by decillisjl View Post
    Ralph Lauren Romance... I would rather smell fresh feces from a mule than this cloying mess
    That can be arranged....

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    I love Dirty English!

My worst ever would have to be A*Men and Narcisso Rodriguez for him.
    you have broken my heart ...........i love Narciso

Laguna pour Femme is another very very cack juice.

For me, it's Creed Royal Delight. It actually makes me heave. It's what I'd imagine a horse's anus infused with scotch tape to smell like.

Anything by Creed.

It's just not right.