Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Default Re: Worst Fragrance Ever???

I`d prefer to not name any fragrances - partly because somebody like it, partly because they were made by some perfumer, with some idea and intentions, and based on some vision.
    They could be cheap or ininspiring, boring or bland - I would not buy it and leave those bottles to somebody else.

Also it`s hard to name for me as I tend to forget not so good perfumes (also I have no bad perfumes in my wardrobe ).
    Vetiver The Great!!!

The worst scent ever created is Usher. It's absolute garbage.

It's a good thing this thread got bumped because I would like to nominate Stecca by Hilde Soliani. *shudder*
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I know I'll make some enemies with this one... but Straight to Heaven by Killian - smells like that sulfur pomade that people use on girls heads before they'd hot iron their hair when I was a kid growing up in the Caribbean.
    Last edited by gerbick; 27th July 2009 at 08:50 PM.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread

Either CdG 2 - chocking on magnolia dust while drowning in ink. Wtf!?

Montale Musk to Musk - If only I were made of glass. This stuff is industrial strength window cleaner.

Montale Mukhallat - death by sugar.

Kenneth Cole Black - the fact that this is consistently a top seller speaks volumes about hte masses. It has some interesting ideas but is sickeningly synthetic and rather schizophrenic in its composition.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

XS Black
    Le Male JPG
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post

PLEASE. KILL. ME.
    Recently I had the chance to sample this one! Correct, continue...

Caesar's Man

Le Male
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Mazzolari Lui

Quote Originally Posted by Elgar Place View Post
    Ain't that the truth!

Kenneth Cole Reaction = urine / lemon combo
    I'm so happy to see all the Kenneth Cole bashing, seriously. Disjointed seems to be the guiding principle of nearly everything they do.

Man, I almost threw up when I smelled the ANGEL A*MEN by Theirry Mugler. Totally smells like the uncleaned public men's restroom. How in the world anyone can wear that is just beyond me.
    Last edited by Pug911; 27th July 2009 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH
    I got a few WORST SMELL EVER off memory:
    Really awful worst ever IMHO:

Azzaro Pure Vetiver - Worst reaction I ever had to any fragrance. I smell something very green that kills organisms much smaller than myself. Not j/k. This smells carcinogenic type dangerous.

Among the worst, but not deadly:

Creed Orange Spice - A gorilla who subsists on a diet of nothing but rotting citrus peels throws a handful of gung-gung out his cage. Olivier catches it, and says (in ridiculous french accent) "Maarhveloouse"

Kouros - A strong sporty fragrance gets knocked over and spills into a well-used urinal. The owner collects what he can from the urinal liquid. Keeps it. The end.

Maitre Santal Noble - A 19th century british judge changes his illegitimate son's diaper in the powdered wig closet, while drinking the most delicious and expensive sweetened coffee.

Z by Zegna - Windex blended with a high quality sandalwood base. WTF.

Creed Acier Aluminum - An Astronaut toilet crashes thru the roof into Grandma's house into a pan of banana-apple-spice pastry.
    I also must add:

Profumum Aqua Di Sale - Imagine a beautiful saltwater beach, sunny and packed with people, some have lotion on, some smell like camphor-sunscreen/noxcema, and just off the beach, is a resort hotel with a chlorine pool. you are standing at the back of the beach, near the hotel pool, and when you turn towards the beach, you smell the saltwater and the lotion/sunscreen. what a refreshing smell. you turn back towards the hotel pool, smelling strongly of CHLORINE, just in time to see someone carrying soda, nachos, and a little candy get knocked into the pool. it causes a big splash and all the food scatters over the waters surface. 3 children in the pool simultaneously sh!t their bathing suits, and the FECES float amongst the soda/nachos/candy. it all floats together in the chlorine water, and a breeze blows the smell out towards you, and you are now having trouble smelling the ocean air. you move back out towards the ocean, away from the pool, but the breeze is still blowing out. You think: "hopefully they clean the feces and food out of that pool soon..." meanwhile, mothers are applying purel to their hands, after frantically wiping their children with BABY WIPES, upon taking them out of the pool.

it smells like that. *capslock for main notes*
    Last edited by DULLAH; 27th July 2009 at 11:14 PM.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Pug911 View Post
    Man, I almost threw up when I smelled the ANGEL A*MEN by Theirry Mugler. Totally smells like the uncleaned public men's restroom. How in the world anyone can wear that is just beyond me.
    Are you sure you're smelling AMen? I mean I could understand that description if you were describing Kouros, but Amen? Don't get me wrong it's noxious stuff, but not because it smells like a restroom. What bathrooms do you visit that smell of chocolate and tar?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Pug911 View Post
    Naw dude. A*Men smells awesome.

On topic: Paco by Paco Rabanne

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I also must add:

Profumum Aqua Di Sale - Imagine a beautiful saltwater beach, sunny and packed with people, some have lotion on, some smell like camphor-sunscreen/noxcema, and just off the beach, is a resort hotel with a chlorine pool. you are standing at the back of the beach, near the hotel pool, and when you turn towards the beach, you smell the saltwater and the lotion/sunscreen. what a refreshing smell. you turn back towards the hotel pool, smelling strongly of CHLORINE, just in time to see someone carrying soda, nachos, and a little candy get knocked into the pool. it causes a big splash and all the food scatters over the waters surface. 3 children in the pool simultaneously sh!t their bathing suits, and the FECES float amongst the soda/nachos/candy. it all floats together in the chlorine water, and a breeze blows the smell out towards you, and you are now having trouble smelling the ocean air. you move back out towards the ocean, away from the pool, but the breeze is still blowing out. You think: "hopefully they clean the feces and food out of that pool soon..." meanwhile, mothers are applying purel to their hands, after frantically wiping their children with BABY WIPES, upon taking them out of the pool.

it smells like that. *capslock for main notes*
    Dullah, you being a lover of green (as am I), I personally dare you to order a sample of my previously mentioned scent Stecca from Luckyscent, and try to wear it for 30 seconds without having to hold your food down.

Shalimar EDP for me on my skin

I have yet to try Sécrétions Magnifiques, I can stop at Henri Bendel, I understand they carry it but then I will have to take my 1.5 hour train ride home and can you imagine the torture I will be putting people through if it as bad as people say

Sécrétions Magnifiques isn't that bad. What's worse is Miel de Bois by Serge Lutens.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    What bathrooms do you visit that smell of chocolate and tar?
    The Hansel and Gretel house bathroom probably smells like A*men.

Quorum is another dislikeable fragrance for me!
    Last edited by somnambulist07; 28th July 2009 at 12:48 AM.

CD Fahrenheit. I either got told it was the most vile smelling thing or the best smelling ever. I went with most vile and gave it to my dad.

To classify something as the "worst", it would have to be bland, uncreative, and smell bad. Secretions Magnifique smells pretty bad...but no one can deny that's it's pretty darn unique and creative!

My vote goes to Hypnose Homme...bland, boring, generic, and bad...all at once.

Special shout-out to my personal hate-on's...Chinatown & Lipstick Rose. May you both die a slow, painful death.

I am not sure if I've already mentioned this but 'Oscar pour lui' (reformulated version) is by far the most loathsome juice I've smelled so far..

Pretty much any of the ouds from Montale are "the worst"... for me at least.

So far, I've missed the truly bad fragrances.

There are some I have no intention at all of ever wearing, a number that were kind of "meh", and a deodorant that ended up smelling literally like aged roadkill on me ...

OK. That IS a massive failure for a deodorant, "skin chemistry" or not, but you get the idea.

In a truckstop bathroom there was an odd cologne spraying machine... insert $.25 and hold hands over a nozzle and a "similar to best selling fragrance ___" would squirt. They had Polo Sport, Drakkar, Obsession, Polo, and Cool Water. Of course i tried them all.

The putrid, vile excrement that eviscerated itself from the Drakkar nozzle resembled a dead bloated skunk's asshole stuffed with kraft singles, almost melted a hole in my hand. Should've spent the quarter on the camel hair french tickler instead.
    Last edited by Big Punisher; 28th July 2009 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    My vote goes to Hypnose Homme...bland, boring, generic, and bad...all at once.
    I actually think this might be my choice too. Immediately regretted spraying myself with a tester. Regretted it even more as it dried. Awful.

Lagerfeld Classic - Eau de Olde Lady
    -One reviewer wrote that it smells like an old musty theater. It does. Almost pure talc.

Caron Pour Un Homme - Eau de Older Lady
    -Sharp lavender followed by a very powdery vanilla. I wanted to like this one. : (

Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire - Smells extraordinarily like Dracula's crypt
    -The Vetiver is very strong, earthy and natural but smells like my hands after picking weeds in the garden.

AromiErotici

What?.......No hatred for the dreaded Haschish Homme by Veejaga? It smelled liked polyurethane yanked out of a chipmunk's ass.

[QUOTE=gupts;1574454]I am not sure if I've already mentioned this but 'Oscar pour lui' (reformulated version) is by far the most loathsome juice I've smelled so far..[/QUOTE

... ...

i also remember someone saying it was like " count draculas cough medicine"

i luv it .

IIt smelled liked polyurethane yanked out of a chipmunk's ass

Is that worse than Kourus ?