Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Default Re: Worst Fragrance Ever???

My sister used to wear Allure and it really made me sick.

Geparlys Darkness. I think I was the first one to purchase it here several years ago, as it was super-cheap. Nasty nasty sweet gourmand tobacco plum... gosh, I'm about to hurl-just thinking about it gives me the shakes. I think the only fragrance that I've received, smelled, and put up for sale/trade in the same day.
    The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

guys no one said it...Kenzo pour homme smells like tar and a stale flea collar.....

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Sécrétions Magnifiques isn't that bad. What's worse is Miel de Bois by Serge Lutens.

I didnt find Miel de Bois bad...just interesting.....an another thought since Antaeus got rid of alot of is beewax in the scent I wonder if u layer it with Miel de Bois itll smell like the vintage Antaeus?

I think we need to differentiate between

1.) Those fragrances which are just poorly made or cheaply executed (e.g., Kenneth Cole's lineup)

versus

2.) Those fragrances which are designed to be "shocking" or "outre" (e.g., Secretions Magnifique) There are lots of really stinky fragrances which I never wear, but which bring a smile to my face when I sniff them - I'm thinking about Cumming, Bigarade Concentrée, and several of Christopher Brosius' Burning Leaves, and a lot of the CdG line...

Teddius

Quote Originally Posted by somnambulist07 View Post
    One of the worst for me is YSL M7. Nasty medical scent. Too much Agarwood I suppose. There's probably worse out there but nothing I have disliked more than M7 until now.
    M7 is the shit, I had my doubts on it but it grew on me. Give it some time, I'm sure it will on you too.

Burberry for Men is hideous! A*Men is a close second place. PFUI!!!
    Currently wearing: Joop! Jump by Joop!

I'm hardly a seasoned judge, but I can tell you what I hate based on my blind buys:

Tuscany pour homme: oven cleaner
    Zino Davidoff

Amarige

Whenever I see this thread pop back up I edit my original response. It's been edited 3 times now. The more I expand my fragrance horizons, I come across some pretty incredible fragrances. Some are incredibly bad! Some, like Kouros, I come back to several times and end up LOVING it! Others, like Rochas Man and Tommy Bahama, I come back to and it just reinforces why I think they're the most vile fragrances in the world.

van cleef and arpels pour homme is pretty wretched stuff and smells like puke(vomit).

Quote Originally Posted by SillageMonger View Post
    I used to believe that Burberry for Men can harm no one...

Quote Originally Posted by SillageMonger View Post
    It's my best friend's signature fragrance. I think it smells pretty damn good on him, but the few times I've smelled it out of the bottle I haven't cared for it.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

The worst fragrance to me is Dirty English by Juicy Couture. Smells awful.

Gucci Envy. Cloying Sweet, generic and made me nacious. Yuck. It smells like something you would use to clean a bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    Pretty much any of the ouds from Montale are "the worst"... for me at least.
    I have to agree with you on that one. Uffda!

Kouros

Hope nobody gets offended, because I know it's a bit of a sacred cow, but MKK made me gag when I wore it. I had a similar reaction to Kouros, but I did find it enjoyable outside of the, ummm, pet odor note. And while we're being completely honest, I don't "get" Ouds. While they are inoffensive and nowhere near "the worst", dozens of wearings later all I get is the medicinal aspect. Not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    Glad to hear someone else has tried this horror. Yes, I will agree that many of the scents cited so far suck (esp. Romance For Men, AdG), but I doubt any of them come close to being as disgusting as Lilac Vegetal. This fragrance is so bad, it's actually worth picking up as a joke - a huge plastic 8 oz. bottle only costs like 6 bucks.
    Yeah, I saw a small bottle at drugstore and some guys at Badger and Blade swear by it.
    I knew when I picked it up it would likely suck, and it did. There is a slight lilac presence which is an odd scent to me, then something awful...

Secretions Magnifiques is the worst of the EdTs that I've tried. I was with a group of BNers at Scent Bar and we were all afraid to touch it. It wasn't a fair test wear, maybe it turns nicer but initially it was "you're kidding, that's awful." (You should see the little graphic they include with the sample vial.)

VISIT...smells like Japanese curry. Glad I only bought a sample. Wow!

eau savage extreme= vomitive

Quote Originally Posted by PorkFat View Post
    Whenever I see this thread pop back up I edit my original response. It's been edited 3 times now. The more I expand my fragrance horizons, I come across some pretty incredible fragrances. Some are incredibly bad! Some, like Kouros, I come back to several times and end up LOVING it! Others, like Rochas Man and Tommy Bahama, I come back to and it just reinforces why I think they're the most vile fragrances in the world.
    What the heck!!! I love Rochas Man And Tommy Bahama... For me Infusion'd Homme and Caron's Third Men are the worst fragrances I've ever smelled.

Secretions Magnifiques

I always find it amusing that posters feel the need to describe what they think are the worst scents using very emotive descriptions - as if they are trying to win creative writing competitions.

Some smells you like, some you don't. None of them actually make you want to throw up.

Get over yourselves - and get some perspective.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by joe mcclaine View Post
    secretions magnifiques

i always find it amusing that posters feel the need to describe what they think are the worst scents using very emotive descriptions - as if they are trying to win creative writing competitions.

Some smells you like, some you don't. None of them actually make you want to throw up.

Lol
    Last edited by petruccijc; 6th December 2009 at 12:43 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by joe mcclaine View Post
    Secretions Magnifiques. I always find it amusing that posters feel the need to describe what they think are the worst scents using very emotive descriptions - as if they are trying to win creative writing competitions.
    Hey neighbor, let the kids have some fun here.

White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor

Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

How did we get this far without any mention of the Clean line? I once got a sample of Warm Cotton from Sephora. It was like dowsing myself in industrial-strength detergent. Next to that, the worst perfume I've ever smelled is Le Baiser Du Dragon by Cartier. The "Fragrance Finder" at the Sephora website lead me to it, and in my innocence I bought some blind. Ooops. You know how kids sometimes mix the different drinks at the 7-11 soda fountain in one cup? Do that with perfume, and you'll get Le Baiser Du Dragon.

Womens- Poison without a doubt.

Mens- Hanae Mori Men, I could smell that while it was still in the postal truck at the end of the driveway! A shame because the womens is really nice. (Lesson Never buy blind!)

Thumbs down

Rochas Man is the only perfume that causes me a terrible headache
    My summer favs: Penhaligon's - Racquets; Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta; Dior - Homme Cologne
    My winter favs: Chanel - Antaeus; Guerlain - Habit Rouge EdT; YSL - Kouros; Calvin Klein - Eternity; Burberry - Brit; Comme des Garçons - Wonderwood

Mitsouko is awful...smells really ancient.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??