Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: IT ARRIVED: Vol de Nuit Extrait purchase

Great blog post Dimitri, you're very eloquent! I can only hope the experience with my soon-to-arrive bottle will be as good as yours!
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: IT ARRIVED: Vol de Nuit Extrait purchase

Dimitri: All I can say is that you are one lucky dude. I know how you feel with the aquisition because a few weeks ago I managed to procure two vintage bottles of Vol de Nuit EDT, one in the gold carafe and the other in a 1.7 oz. bottle. I was elated so, I know you must be as well. Congratulations and wear it in good health.

Oh PM, please let Dimi express all his bliss here! I'm loving it, it's pure pleasure! When a man is in the middle of jumping out of the Guerlinade closet, one must not stop him! LOL

This is YOUR thread Dimi, write away, I will swallow each and every word you write! You must have such a good time over there in Odense with that beauty of yours - what does your wife say to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Stop being such a drama queen , give the stopper a yank and be done with it or do we get a 2 page commentary on how you opened it , followed by 2 more pages of umming and arring over actually getting around to smelling it

Thank you Mr Guerlain!

Wifey is up to her elbows in paint fumes unfortunately as she is preparing some work to exhibit.

She did swing through here a few hours ago and stare at me wide-eyed when smelling it on my skin. I think she's equally as enamoured as I am, and wants to try it on herself after bathing tonight.
    She has some experience with Guerlain in the past... but none of the heavy hitters. She loved Météorites when it was first launched, but now finds it almost unbearable, and we both adored Purple Fantasy on her too. I think with this new introduction to vintage Guerlain though, we will both like to look into some of the scarcer, more revered scents. I personally have L'Heure Bleu high on my list to try properly!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlino View Post
    Great blog post Dimitri, you're very eloquent! I can only hope the experience with my soon-to-arrive bottle will be as good as yours!
    Thanks!
    I hope you too will find a little magic in that bottle of yours! I would love to know its age and concentration, as there are some differences in the packaging.
    I'm very excited for you!

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    Dimitri: All I can say is that you are one lucky dude. I know how you feel with the aquisition because a few weeks ago I managed to procure two vintage bottles of Vol de Nuit EDT, one in the gold carafe and the other in a 1.7 oz. bottle. I was elated so, I know you must be as well. Congratulations and wear it in good health.
    Thank you N Tesla, and many congratulations to you too for your recent buys! I would love it if you would perhaps post a photo here somewhere... I am so veeerrry taken with this enchanting bottle and its related paraphernalia... (and I am trying to quell my rising urge to begin collecting them!)

I'm more than just a little envious over here. And what a gorgeous photo! VdN is indeed a monumental fragrance - as I discovered three years ago when I won / bought (blind) a quarter oz. of the vintage extrait. I can totally understand your "epiphany experience".

Blog Entries

Dimitri...you made me cry! It was a good thing, as I was sharing the experience via your prose. Thank you, honey.

Nice blog Dimitri. I think you are a poet and didn't know et. :@)

I love Vol de Nuit--the contemporary release--so I can imagine the depth that a good vintage specimen might have! Your "transcendent" experience reminds me of the feeling I get with some Profumo.it fragrances. He calls his line "scents of the soul"--quite apt.

Congratulations, Dimiti