Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Lyric Woman

Amouage Lyric Woman.

Any love for this one here? Im thinking of ordering a sample. I really tried to like Lyric Man but I just coudln't get past the aquatic note. I loved everything else though.

Please excuse if this has been covered before. I did search but I didnt find much.

Default Re: Amouage Lyric Woman

I much prefer Lyric Woman - it's certainly more substantial and fuller than the men's version. The jammy creaminess, which works with the rose accord, is simply delicious. However, I'm not sure if its longevity is adequate for its retail price. In addition, there's something disturbingly synthetic in the drydown - I need more time to ponder on this stage but there's definitely something not quite right. Regardless of this reservation, it's currently my favourite Amouage and is a big improvement on the recently re-issued Ubar.

Off-Scenter

Aquatic note? Lyric Man? Huh?

At any rate, Lyric Woman is a very nice woody rose scent with animalic overtones. I reviewed it some months ago in the Basenotes Directory, where I believe I gave it a "thumbs up" and four stars.

I just checked the notes and in fact there are no aquatic notes. Which really surprised me. Cause Im getting a fresh/aquatic note. Maybe its the angelica that gives it that feel to me. Or maybe my nose is broken.

Thanks guys Im definitely going to check it out.

I really adore Lyric Woman, but I kinda bought it in a rush and got bored of it really fast. I let it sit on the shelf for a couple of months, but just last week I retested it and was blown away! I was amazed at how sophisticated and artistic it really is. Cardamon is a note I love in fragrances, and I just knew that Lyric had some. I get a picture of candied rose petals, dipped in honey and then rolled in ground cardamon. And it's way, way better that's men's version, in fact all of the woman Amouages are better.

Great, now I must make it a point to test the female offerings from Amouage too... although I'm not sure how much more beating my wallet can take

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Im liking Lyric for Women...

But, I could really use some advice, how do people find the longevity? I know it's not great to the extent of Montale, but really, in terms of hours- how do you find it?
    As above, so below.

'In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.'
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Sa Majeste La Rose and Green Irish for sale- P.M. me

Quote Originally Posted by Angeldust View Post
    Im liking Lyric for Women...

But, I could really use some advice, how do people find the longevity? I know it's not great to the extent of Montale, but really, in terms of hours- how do you find it?
    I hear you, angeldust - that's what stopped me from buying a bottle of this. I love it but, for the high price tag, no way. I get roughly 3-5 hours from it.

I have yet to try this. Weird that the longevity isn't that great with the womans since the mens lasts like 12 hours on me.

Its such a lush, rich, opulant scent- and yet less than 3 hours have passed and I can only smell it by shoving my nose against my elbow...
    I love it, and probably will end up with a bottle I just need to do some more testing.

Anyone else with any other longevity info?
    As above, so below.

'In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.'
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Sa Majeste La Rose and Green Irish for sale- P.M. me

Blog Entries

If you get a chance to sample The Party in Manhattan. it is $$$ but strong, tenacious and very similar to Lyric Woman.