Code of Conduct

Default Nautica Voyage vs Davidoff Cool water

Hey guys...i was just going thru a list on amazon of good colognes , and the nautica voyage is described there as "better scent than cool water" . I know that majority of the people here are too much into variety of colognes and "cool water" sounds so much at the lowest level for them , but the thing is i use cool water for daily purposes, and the bottle is almost gonna finish...was wondering whether to buy a 2nd bottle ( 22 $ for 4.2oz ) , or get the nautica voyage(18 $ for 3.4 oz ) ....any 1 here has tried the voyage...how does it compare to the cool water guys??...

Also i wanted to know ...whether Chrome or Cool Water is a better scent

Thanks a lot guys, for helping out this n3wbie
    Last edited by xtr.pwnzor; 21st May 2009 at 04:49 AM.

Default Re: Nautica Voyage vs Davidoff Cool water

I haven't tried Voyage but i own and love cool water.

lowest level? come on man its not that bad. If u like cool water go get another bottle..don't let reviews/opinions of other ppl decide for u.

i also own a bottle of chrome. Chrome is not bad for me but i still feel CW is better..although chrome lasts and projects much better than CW. Let your nose decide and let your wallet do the paying.
    Last edited by JoNnY 4; 21st May 2009 at 06:56 AM.

hey...even i love the scent of cool water, hence the doubt, anyways ive decided to get another bottle of cool water .

by lowest quality, i dint mean the frag is bad, but in this community..i see people spending more than 70-100 $ on a bottle, while im very conversative and mostly buy under 40 $

i didn't take offense to your comments about CW...LOL.

Good to hear u getting another bottle of CW. I think i need to get another bottle soon.

Actually there was a thread discussing whether the more money spent on a frag the better it is.

Sur la Plage

I think Nautica Voyage is one of the better aquatic fragrances that have been recently released. Chrome is also a very good aquatic - with outstanding longevity.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I think Nautica Voyage is so much better that it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by xtr.pwnzor View Post
    Hey guys...i was just going thru a list on amazon of good colognes , and the nautica voyage is described there as "better scent than cool water" . I know that majority of the people here are too much into variety of colognes and "cool water" sounds so much at the lowest level for them , but the thing is i use cool water for daily purposes, and the bottle is almost gonna finish...was wondering whether to buy a 2nd bottle ( 22 $ for 4.2oz ) , or get the nautica voyage(18 $ for 3.4 oz ) ....any 1 here has tried the voyage...how does it compare to the cool water guys??...

Also i wanted to know ...whether Chrome or Cool Water is a better scent

Thanks a lot guys, for helping out this n3wbie
    Keep in mind that is the opinion of one person. There is no objective way to say whether CW, Chrome, or Voyage is better. There are just opinions and subjective appreciation. I think they are about the same level of quality, with CW having more legacy (that may be good or bad, I do not know). I'd say Chrome and CW have more popular appeal because, well, they are more popular. As for price, never be impressed by it. I have bought a handful of fragrances for less than $30 that are superior, IMO, to 95% of the perfumes that cost more than $150.
    Last edited by irish; 21st May 2009 at 04:41 PM.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

Dependent

take Blue jeans for eg. as cheap as a pint of ben&jerry's where im from and still remains one of the best mainstream frags imo, hardly near"lowest level".

what would your rather pick via 1. personal experience or 2. dodgy reviews

2nd what irish said about chrome and CW's better establishments, tho i would prefer CW if i had to choose one.

I go for low-prices as often as i can. and CW is about the same price here. havent tried NV, but one good thing that can come out of ur purchase is a decent feedback.
    Last edited by MFJ; 6th August 2009 at 07:56 AM.

Cool Water is a genius scent...but I would never wear it. It's just too dated at this point. Voyage is probably the best reinterpretation of the style you can get today.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    Cool Water is a genius scent...but I would never wear it. It's just too dated at this point. Voyage is probably the best reinterpretation of the style you can get today.
    i love CW and find that no matter how common it is, it stil invites great feedback. Also ive yet to see nautica scents at my usual frag haunts...

Thanks guys for the kind comments....

what would your rather pick via 1. personal experience or 2. dodgy reviews
    the thing is, there are not much legit stores out here at my place( india) where you can sample fragrances and choose them , 2nd...the price of fragrances here at my place ( india) is like 3 or 4 times as of U.S prices....Since my brother is in U.S right now, im trying to get hold of some colognes through him , thats why i depend much on opinion of people / reviews

You gotta remember these "popular" scents are only popular at peoples offices and clubs. Aside from that, smelling a frag on someone elsewhere is not very common, so don't worry about wearing a common fragrance if you don't have a big office job. Ordinary peoples' scent memory isn't very good either as long as the frag isn't too unique.

That being said, Voyage and Cool Water aren't that alike. Cool Water has a bit of spiciness to it and Voyage is just pure shower soap (in a good way). Voyage is also a pretty simple fragrance and I personally have made it my informal everyday scent since it is very cheap and safe.

Chrome on the other hand smells more like Cool Water. CW has the spice and Chrome has the metallic musk which I personally find interesting and nice, I plan on buying Chrome for the first time soon. But the problem is that other people probably dont like that "transparent/metal musk" of Chrome, its more to please one's self. Chrome isn't wildly popular like AdG/Code/DIssey/JPG either, I personally find it kinda rare, but I don't come in contact with many people wearing cologne much anyway.

Best thing to do is to tell your brother to try them all out at mall/Macy's. Out of the 3, Chrome is the most dangerous to buy blind. Voyage is the safest. Is there any way you can go test these out so you can tell him what you like best?

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by xtr.pwnzor View Post
    Thanks guys for the kind comments....

the thing is, there are not much legit stores out here at my place( india) where you can sample fragrances and choose them , 2nd...the price of fragrances here at my place ( india) is like 3 or 4 times as of U.S prices....Since my brother is in U.S right now, im trying to get hold of some colognes through him , thats why i depend much on opinion of people / reviews
    Amit and Jenson are 2 of our most valued members here with vast experience, and they are both based in India. You may want to contact them via a pm should u need any assitance..

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by rinosaur View Post
    You gotta remember these "popular" scents are only popular at peoples offices and clubs. Aside from that, smelling a frag on someone elsewhere is not very common, so don't worry about wearing a common fragrance if you don't have a big office job. Ordinary peoples' scent memory isn't very good either as long as the frag isn't too unique.
    yep. would you rather smell great as USUAL or SURPRISINGLY off

I prefer Cool Water Game to both. Maybe that's an even 'lower level' again, but I don't care what people think, as long as I like it, it's good enough for me

Cool Water Original for me.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Nautica, I don't like cool water it reminds me of a middle school locker room
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

Dependent

Nautica reminds me of nothing