Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What are your favorite fragrances on a woman?

I really love Diptyque's Jardin Clos on a woman. Every time I'm at the store and can sniff it I ache to put it on a beautiful woman all over again.

Awww, isn't that sad?
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Blog Entries

Hmmm.... I'm getting a powerful birds & bees vibe here with all the nectar & florals.

I am surprised at the No.19 responses--is it the rose?

We're partial to petals...

I think Rose 31 by Le Labo smells really sexy on a woman. My girlfriend had to get her own bottle after using mine too much, and the SA at Barneys who made up the bottle said she wears Rose 31 almost daily also. She said that she gets more "what are you wearing?" compliments when she goes out from the Barneys with Rose 31 - more than anything else she puts on. She has lots to choose from in the Barneys fragrance dept.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Thank you, gentlemen (and lady ). Lots of great responses!

Scent, sounds like you and I have very similar tastes. I too love tuberose (and many of the white flowers) and the skank monsters. (Have you smelled The Party in Manhattan? Yum.) I haven't noticed DH jones for those yet, but I'm going to keep trying.
    I actually have The Party, and I adore it! I mean, I can't express my love for it in mere words! I don't get that much skank out of it though; to me it's chypre heaven. Pure bliss that stuff is!

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    My favourite on a woman by a country mile is Coco Mademoiselle. It is so quintisentially feminine and damned sexy at the same time. Every time I am near a woman wearing it my scent radar picks it up.

The only perfume that comes close to how much I love that is is Mallabah by Penhaligon's.
    In one of my dance classes, there's always at least 1 girl wearing Coco Mlle. The majority of girls wear fruity florals though. From feedback, I'm the only guy in class wearing any perfumes with any appreciable smell. The rest just wear nothing (and thus stink near end of the class) or just deodorant.

Quote Originally Posted by alacious View Post
    Bvlgari Black for some strange reason ends up turning me on like crazy. Probably because it's so unusual and uncommon for women to be wearing this in my experience.

Une Bois Vanille by Serge Lutens has blown my mind every time I've ever smelled it on a woman. I think the smooth vanilla it starts out with hearkens back to early relationships, young girls, etc... kind of a youthful excitement that's oddly enough brought on by a 'typical' vanilla scent. But soon, not very long at all actually, it starts to morph into a beautiful complex mature vanilla scent that is simply drop dead sexy.
    It is interesting that you say this, as I have been starting to educate my wife on the unisex nature of fragrances. I gave her my decant of Dior Homme, which I did not like on myself but she did, and her friends love it on her. Then, the other day, she looked through and sniffed a bunch of my decants and pulled out Bvlgari Black for herself - she said she really liked the way it smelled! Well, I like it on both her and me, so I guess we will share!
    Last edited by CYoung234; 22nd May 2009 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CYoung234 View Post
    It is interesting that you say this, as I have been starting to educate my wife on the unisex nature of fragrances. I gave her my decant of Dior Homme, which I did not like on myself but she did, and her friends love it on her. Then, the other day, she looked through and sniffed a bunch of my decants and pulled out Bvlgari Black for herself - she said she really liked the way it smelled! Well, I like it on both her and me, so I guess we will share!
    Excellent! I'm glad someone else has had the same experience (or something similar). It really is a very unusual unisex, but totally sexy. I wish more women would wear it

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    I've noticed my husband likes strong florals & sweeter frags. Is that the general preference amongnst the heteros?
    Not at all. I think women smell amazing in more woody / musky scents. Sometimes the sweet flowery business can come across too "girly" rather than womanly.
    - E.J.

I would always like
    Guerlain L instant EDP in a woman..

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    I am surprised at the No.19 responses--is it the rose?
    I do love roses, but to me No. 19 exhibits the very rare quality of smelling perfumey (which I like) while still smelling somewhat natural/skinlike, unlike her older sister No. 5 which is the quintessential perfumey smell.
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

As of yesterday evening, I would have to say L'Anarchiste!

There was a thread somewhere yesterday which I now can't find about women wearing men's fragrances and I said I would try some out on my girlfriend. Which I duly did, one of which was L'Anarchiste. OMG, on her skin it was as smooth and rich as anything. Absolutely beautiful, the edgier bits (the bits often described as "metallic") vanished. It smelled unbelievable on her. I am now going to get her her own bottle.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

BlackCat, there are only 2 currently-in-production fragrances that elicit murmurs of approval from my husband-- the rest he is sadly indifferent to.

1. The new VS fragrance, Lace Orange Flower. This is not heavy at all and may be a good choice since your husband has complained about fragrances being too strong.

2. Amouage Gold is quite potent but very good (but my daughter hates it and it costs a fortune so it's not on my to-buy list).

There may be a third on the horizon...Creed Fleur de Th Rose Bulgare, of which I just bought a decant. He seems to admire the smell but I haven't worn it long enough to know whether he will notice it when I have it on. Hmmm... I'll wear it today and see if he notices.

EDIT: And it's a YES! He noticed and commented on the Creed one.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 23rd May 2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: results

Blog Entries

I have a Winner!!!! DING, DING, DING!! I put on some Nuits de Noho and my husband really sat up and took notice. This would appear to have the exact combination he enjoys. Today I wore Nazomato Absinthe and it was a total dud. He requested a repeat of NdN from yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    I have a Winner!!!! DING, DING, DING!! I put on some Nuits de Noho and my husband really sat up and took notice. This would appear to have the exact combination he enjoys. Today I wore Nazomato Absinthe and it was a total dud. He requested a repeat of NdN from yesterday.
    Nuits de Noho by Bond No.9?

Blog Entries

Bond #9, That's the one.

I seem to get more attention from cheap fragrances--eg, Realities Sweet Desire :P

* Flower Bomb by Viktor & Rolf
    * Romance by RL
    * Armani Code Pour Femme
    * Spring Flowers by Creed
    * Love In White by Creed
    Gary

Thanks os much for asking this question...I've been wanting to ask, too. So far, I've gotten comments on some surprising scents...Lolita Lempicka Fleur de Fendue, SJP Covet, Carolina Hererra 212Sexy. He doesn't seem to notice when I wear the more niche stuff. I keep trying though. Keep the answers coming, guys....we women want to know.

Wow, what a great thread!! Thought I'd ressurrect it BTW I don't think I've ventured over to the male frag board, so helllllllllloooo *waves*, you all have great taste

Men seem to love coco mademoiselle on me. Also just tried Bulgari Black which made Mr DC take notice, so much so he's on about getting me some!! Just goes to show it seems the woody/musky type ones seem to be really appreicated!!