Code of Conduct

Default Ermenegildo Zegna Perfumes

So.. I just started looking at this brand / company and they sound typical italian. I checked the database and they look to have decent perfumes aswell.. Many positive.. some neutral and a few negative votes.. but overal like 7+ / 10.. so not bad.

I just checked the NST Perfume blog, and I kinda hit a rock. Zegna Cologne.. representing La dolce Vita.. Ok, time for a little personal info. My avatar and my name should say allot. Italian flag, german name.. (though I'm half dutch, half german).. but I'm like one big italy freak, so this should normally appeal me since it's a typical italian brand. Tell me to stop though if it's getting more like a dr. phill episode. But those 3 words "La Dolce Vita" like sum up my thoughts, feelings, passion etc.

Anyway.. the new fragrance.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ermenegildo Zegna has launched Zegna Colonia, the line’s latest fragrance for men:

With Zegna Colonia, the brand unveils its personal vision of ‘la Dolce Vita’. A parenthesis of peaceful happiness bathed in the warm embrace of the Italian sun. A snapshot of an elegant silhouette and the entrancing eyes of a man dressed in white linen, captured in the space of an instant.

Between confirmed elegance and affirmed casualness, Zegna Colonia captivates from the very first moment with the sparkling energy of Sicilian bergamot, brilliantly blended with neroli and cardamom. The seductive game continues with the mellow, powdery embrace of iris heightened with galbanum. The fragrance gently unfurls on an accord of musk, benzoin and cedar, the signature of this atypical and addictive fragrance.

Zegna Colonia by Ermenegildo Zegna is available in 75 ml Eau de Toilette and in a limited edition collection of matching grooming products. (via zegna)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The area above comes from NST Perfume Thank you Robin. So.. sounds very very promosing, and considering their previous decent perfumes.. a must try for me now. What are your thoughts about the Zegna perfumes itself.. and the new ones?
    Last edited by Giustino; 21st May 2009 at 06:28 PM.
    unico grande amore.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Ermenegildo Zegna Perfumes

I have not tried Zegna Colonia, but I found their other offerings to be mediocre - they just do not do anything for me.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I disagree with Jo there, Zegna Extreme is fantastic, a truly versatile and classy smelling fragrance, best of the lot I think - and the bottle is cool too.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I actually just heard Zegna Z comeby here a few times, but further.. it looks pretty unknown yet. HDS1963, is Zegna Extreme known as Zegna Intenso here?
    unico grande amore.

Z Zegna is quickly becoming my signature (or at least my favorite). It has a very high quality throughout the whole experience of the scent. Z Zegna Extreme and Zegna Intenso are completely different scents. My bottle of Z Zegna says that the stuff is made in Paris, despite its Italian name.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Quote Originally Posted by danho View Post
    Z Zegna is quickly becoming my signature (or at least my favorite). It has a very high quality throughout the whole experience of the scent. Z Zegna Extreme and Zegna Intenso are completely different scents. My bottle of Z Zegna says that the stuff is made in Paris, despite its Italian name.
    Almost every perfumes is manufactured in paris.. though, the brand is italian. I've got stuff to sniff haha
    unico grande amore.

I liked the original Essenza di Zegna a lot. It reminded me of an Acqua di Gio with personality. I never got around to getting a bottle of it but I did snag the summer version of it called "Acqua d'Estate, and it's awesome to wear on the hottest days. I didn't care much for Z Zegna.

This new Zegna Colonia looks like something I'd like. Thanks for the heads up, you "Italy freak!"

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    I disagree with Jo there, Zegna Extreme is fantastic, a truly versatile and classy smelling fragrance, best of the lot I think - and the bottle is cool too.
    Well my sense of smell is probably distorted from sniffing too much A*Men and M7.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Well my sense of smell is probably distorted from sniffing too much A*Men and M7.
    LOL!!!!

Well if you will go doing that to your poor olfactory lobes what do you expect ;-)
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I tried this at the Ermenegildo Zegna store on Thursday. This is much more dense than I had expected. Thick and smooth like Essenza, but not aquatic. Extremely good stuff!!
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Z Zegna is the only fragrance I have from them.

I don't know how really Italian their fragrances are since, like Armani, they are made in France unlike my fragrances from Bulgari, Versace, Moschino, Cavalli, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Canali and Ferragamo, which are in fact made in Italy.

So if they want to be so "Italian", why don't they make their fragrances there??
    Last edited by MikeFromManhattan; 4th July 2009 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFromManhattan View Post
    Z Zegna is the only fragrance I have from them.

I don't know how really Italian their fragrances are since, like Armani, they are made in France unlike my fragrances from Bulgari, Versace, Moschino, Cavalli, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Canali and Ferragamo, which are in fact made in Italy.

So if they want to be so "Italian", why don't they make their fragrances there??
    That's because the parent company of Zegna is French i think.

I didn't know that.. but I think Zegna and Ferragamo were consolidated at one point (Zegna makes clothing/suits for Ferragamo).

Off-topic, but Zegna's best, high-end suits (Zegna Couture or MTM) are not actually made in Italy - they're made in Switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    That's because the parent company of Zegna is French i think.

To me, Colonia smelled just like Zegna Intense. Anybody else?

I must check my buy list whether have I ordered Zegna Extreme?
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I Love Zegna Intenso.....Colonia seemed to be a lighter version of Intenso.....my Wife Loved this when I sampled this the other day.....Z Zegna is becoming a little difficult to find.....It is a wonderful fragrance.....Gary

Well, they're made by the same ol' Givaudan, IFF, Symrise perfumers and labs as any other designer scent out there. Only their brand and marketing is Italian. Go figure.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thť Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Morning Star

Z Zegna Extreme is one of my favorite fragrances. It's also great to layer with dark, woody scents (e.g. Gucci Pour Homme).

the new Colognia, is just a mediocre fragance, mix the ambar-spicy base of INTENSO to a watery-lemony angle, i like the powdery-vanillic-fresh touch in INTENSO; to me is very versatile, comfortable and attractive, but this Colognia is totally a disaster ..

Tried Zegna Colonia today at Macy's. Nice powdery citrus open (think Dior Homme meets citrus), but the dry down is basically a lighter ZegnaIntenso.

You could do better, but you could do a whole lot worse.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Sur la Plage

I tried Colonia at Nordstroms. IMO, another mediocre entry into the over-crowded market of similar fragrances. It's not bad, but there's nothing special or exciting about it that would make me want to purchase it.

still havent seen this one any near me.. still want to try.. despite it's average comments..
    unico grande amore.