Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Favourite reviewers

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    or heroine
    So is it Trebor or Atrebor?
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

The most important, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    So is it Trebor or Atrebor?
    Well, I'll always be Trebor in your eyes, honey...

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    The most important, myself.
    LOL!
    Last edited by Trebor; 31st May 2009 at 08:29 PM.

I forgot to add Naed Nitram. Most entertaining and spot on as well.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Smile Re: Favourite reviewers

my favorite is foetidus he is very good in describing the scent and his taste is the same as me

I have to get many of my purchase as blind buy and his reviews is helping me a lot

Thanks foetidus

I am grateful for anyone that has taken the trouble and time to record their impressions of a fragrance, regardless of their writing skills or the number of reviews they have recorded.

For the record, I would pick Griff and Pluran among my favourite reviewers.They may not have posted many reviews, but I find their musings extremely informative and well written.

decillisjl - humor and for saying how wearable frags are

and Sir Slarty - for giving every frag a fair shot regardless of the name or price... and for not being vehemently opposed to the new wave of fragrances

Naed
    Jaime
    Hirch
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Splits: O'driu, La Via del Profumo/AbdesSalaam Attar, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

I am impressed that none mentioned the Joe_ Frances.
    Last edited by giannis; 18th June 2009 at 09:29 PM.

My vote is SirSlarty. When I first got into this hobby I would do research on fragrances and SirSlarty was always there with a review. I remember being with my friend at Marshalls or wherever while he connected to the internet on his cellphone to check reviews on fragrances and if SirSlarty liked it then chances are we would to! I do appreciate all the reviews that I read but I can always be well sure that SirSlarty will be there contributing his review to any fragrance that may interest me.

Foe and Vibert.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Favourite reviewers

Thanks to all reviewers especially Mikeperez and Jaime.

Hillaire

The wealth of intelligent, passionate aficionados, reviewing fragrances on this site is what separates basenotes. For a good bead on any fragrance, this is the first place to look!

My favorite male fragrance reviewer is Jaime B. He is the "real deal", totally unpretentious, thorough and deeply thoughtful. And he seems to approach every single new fragrance with an optimistic attitude and an open mind. A great example as well as a guide.
    Last edited by Hillaire; 19th June 2009 at 07:23 PM.

I"m afraid naming just one or two would increase the suicide instinct of those not mentioned. So what I can say is: from the very bottom of my heart thank you all.

Vibert, Sir Slarty, Foetidus, ZZtop, Mike Perez and Jaime B. They write the reviews that I'll always read completely, I've learned a lot from these guys! So thanks to you all for taking the time to contribute. Now, Trebor, I have a love/hate thing going with his (her?) reviews. So brutal sometimes, but I always read them!

AromiErotici

There's quite a few reviewers I give heed to. I won't name names as to not slight someone I may have forgotten.

I will say this however; when I'm buying juice that I have not personally sampled but like the listed accords, I go to the review section. I deliberately look for certain reviewers opinions.

If 2 or more of my favorite guys give a good review, I'm buying. If they haven't reviewed it, I'll either pick up a sample or scratch it off my list.

although we sometimes disagree I would have to throw my hat in for....

My beloved Dimitri because he was my initial support on this website and he is so passionate about life
    Vibert
    Trebor (you are the best man dressed in attractive female clothing I've ever encountered)
    Foetidus and Sirslarty, not only for their reviews but that they have access to an enormous range of fragrances and the TIME to actually write a review about them
    An Oud Girl because she hasn't gotten the reco she deserves, and her reviews are usually spot on for what I'm feeling
    ... many left out I'm sorry but I'm tired and half drunk off of a great bottle of Pinot
    For the most part I'm really interested in the "experience" of a fragrance and not a systematic deconstruction of its particular oils or extracts... It's not that a fragrance has a "chypre" or "fougere" distinction that draws me in, it's the way it makes a person feel and their subjective ramblings that really makes me want to try something. Our addiction is so personality and environmentally specific that a strictly generic observation means almost nothing to me... The reason that I fell for basenotes wasn't the keen ability of some of our brethren to tell you "this smells like this" and "you could easily compare this to this"... It was the constant feeling of discovery and excitement that would lead people to post the "the best fragrance ever" and "today I fell in love with..." threads that reiterate the reason that we are all here to begin with... the constant unending search to find our numerous "holy grails", and the sharing of our musings and experiences... this is what basenotes is all about to me
    Last edited by decillisjl; 19th June 2009 at 02:11 PM.
    At your service

Thumbs up Re: Favourite reviewers

And Zerby (just kidding)
    Last edited by Zerby; 19th June 2009 at 03:52 PM.

PawelL

KUDOS

Hillaire
    Shamu
    Jaime B

Mario Justiniani

He's such a smartass!

Last edited by Spray; 18th February 2010 at 08:12 PM.

mrclmind

It's like winning an Oscar- so many reviewers to thank I'll forget too many so I'll stick with the top two....

On top of the list is Foetidus. Consistent, unbiased, balanced and proficient (and in my view- pretty accurate). Always my first go to reviewer for sure.

Mario J because someone has to represent macho to the max with a sense of humor.

Off old resurrected thread topic, exactly how many old threads is RoteRosen going to bring back to life?
    Last edited by StylinLA; 19th February 2010 at 03:16 AM.

I second everyone that has already been listed! I truly enjoy the variety of reviews -- both positive and negative and somewhere in between.

But, I just had to say, I really also like FruitDiet's reviews.
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

Trebor for me.