Code of Conduct

Default [Prom NIGHT] Which One?

I've narrowed it down to four in my wardrobe that may project during a long night:
    Dreamer by Versace
    Opium EDT - YSL
    Hanae Mori For Men - Hanae Mori
    Lagerfeld Classic - Lagerfeld

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by i4nim4ted; 23rd May 2009 at 02:32 AM.

Default Re: [Prom NIGHT] Which One?

Versace Dreamer. No question. Opium, second place. Now you got me thinking about what I wore to prom 30 years ago. Probably, Polo.

I will be wear a tux with tails and a red vest.

I was leaning towards Dreamer and Opium.

Now to decide -_-

anyone have any other opinions?
    Last edited by i4nim4ted; 23rd May 2009 at 04:09 AM.

Hanae Mori will be the most brilliant choice Versace is too popular. Opium and Lagerfeld too old. While HM is a very cute, sweet and attractive scent. But incase you have two choices like this, I prefer Opium because of its classic and seduction
    Last edited by chocolateguy; 24th May 2009 at 06:01 AM.

Dependent

Opium has been known to be great for black tie events. Dreamer is common as chocolateguy mentioned, but the floral smokey combo is hard to resist....

I think your best choice is HM just because it is a more modern scent. girls your age tend to enjoy that more. opium is a good second choice.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

Dependent

HM from my sampling is more a fresh frag, tho is has a pretty good wood drydown. Opening is floral sweet but not candy sweet, mild citrus, not too sure if its best suitable for Prom, but its definitely a decent all-rounder. "modern scent" it is.

i4nim4ted , as much as we can suggest from your narrowed down list, it still lies with you to decide what you feel would suit YOUR occasion best. Its great that you've narrowed them down tho. if uve got sometime, spray them on each consecutively for a couple of days, and discern for yourself which you actually prefer.
    Last edited by MFJ; 23rd May 2009 at 08:39 AM.

Blog Entries

Much as I love BN, I think you are asking the wrong people here, i4nim4ted. As they taught us in public speaking, know your audience. Which one does your date like best? If you don't know, ask.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by ECaruthers View Post
    Much as I love BN, I think you are asking the wrong people here, i4nim4ted. As they taught us in public speaking, know your audience. Which one does your date like best? If you don't know, ask.
    I agree but to such limited extent, firstly, you do NOT know any other variables apart from a prom night. I definitelyu wont be having anymore proms but if i did i dout i would go up to my date and ask her what she preferred on me unless of course we have been dating for soemtime. I gather the objective of these qns is to smell effortlessly appealing. Doesnt hurt that your date would probably give u a kiss for smelling great alone. also it helps that some suggestions, taken or not, helps eliminates some scents that half the kids at prom would be wearing adg for eg. Just my 2 cents and i respect your perspective as well, cheers