Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default S o t D Sunday 24 May

Good morning
    Not enough sleep, almost sleepwalking through the house. I need my magic potion

Pamplelune

Shower gel and Eau de Toilette

Fresh, bright, happy and sparkling

::and now more coffee please....::

Have a love Sunday, everyone
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Default Re: S o t D Sunday 24 May

Oh yes, that's a nice thought DragonLady!
    I like Pamplemousse so much in the summer. I even like the bit where it smells like armpits for about ten minutes!

Today as yesterday I'm in L'Air du Desert Marocain because I have a whole bottle of it and I think it's gorgeous.

Must tell you yesterday's Smallism: we went shopping and bought 4 chocolate donuts, which we left on the kitchen table. Big and I went off to do some DIY while Small watched her Arthur and the Invisibles DVD. Some time later we returned, ready for tea and cake. Yum!
    Only to find empty packages on the table! Small had scoffed the lot!!!!!
    We asked, astonished: "Darling, did you eat all those donuts?"
    Sheepishly, she said "My tummy was rumbling and I was hungry."
    Well, you can't argue with that, can you?

I even managed to make a perfume joke about it, though my husband and child looked blankly at me: she's Montale Chocolate Greedy!
    (See - I know you guys would get it!)

Have a lovely day, but watch your donuts!
    xxx
    Last edited by Wordbird; 24th May 2009 at 08:41 AM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

I'm in Attar.

It's 6pm here.
    Where did the weekend go?

Good morning everybody. Today I'm visiting my Godson Sotd is Nahema. Hope you all have a great day!

1969 Parfum de Révolte - Histoires de Parfums
    Wishlist is pointless.

Carnal Flower -- again! -- over the cosiest, faintest layer of yesterday's skank. I'm lying abed with the window open and the sun streaming in, and just had to wear this stuff. The SA who sold it to me suggested that -- due to its strength -- I wear it on the back of the neck, but today I have used just one spray between my breasts. Perfect! The smell drifts upwards to the nose; it's mesmerising. It also smells different when I wear it this way; I'm getting much more of the green and less of the milk and coconut. Stupendous. I may resist washing at this rate
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

In middle-aged Revillon Turbulences.

Wordie, loved the Chocolate Greedy story, the chocoholic that I am! In one of our trips to town -- take your pick, either one of them is about 15 to 35 miles away -- I checked the chocolate selection in their candy isle and left empty-handed. NUthing!

Good luck waking up, R Pamplelune is an excellent choice.

Patricia de Nicolaï for Parfums MDCI - Le Rivage des Syrtes

Perhaps not completely 'my' scent, but a really high quality, slightly oriental blend that evolves beautifully through time. Very MDCI-worthy.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Casmir by Chopard (feels like to wear something really riped and banana'y)
    Confession to make, I bought a bottle of Rosine's Twill Rose just because the SA is quite cute. poor judgement, I know! However, he gave me a 20ml worth of samples. LOL
    Will definately buy from him again!

Basenotes Plus

Wordie, I just love your Small stories. She is a child after my own heart. If it's chocolate it isn't safe around me. Chocolate Greedy, indeed.

Sotd is L'Eau d'Hiver. Have a lovely Sunday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by soirdelune View Post
    Carnal Flower -- again! -- over the cosiest, faintest layer of yesterday's skank. I'm lying abed with the window open and the sun streaming in, and just had to wear this stuff. The SA who sold it to me suggested that -- due to its strength -- I wear it on the back of the neck, but today I have used just one spray between my breasts. Perfect! The smell drifts upwards to the nose; it's mesmerising. It also smells different when I wear it this way; I'm getting much more of the green and less of the milk and coconut. Stupendous. I may resist washing at this rate
    Yeah, washing's overrated.

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

"Donuts...D'oh.." (in my best Homer Simpson imitation).

Eau de Guerlain today. Perhaps just a thunderstorm or two this afternoon but overall bright sunshine.
    Last edited by kbe; 24th May 2009 at 01:17 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Coconut, I love Twill Rose. It's a lovely choice and a very overlooked rose. I usually find the Rosines too tea-like, but not that one.

Rochas Absolu for me today. It's a smooth Oriental with mandarin atop resins.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    Yeah, washing's overrated.
    You took the words out of my mouth! I went into the bath this morning with some Diorissimo on the side of my hand, and was most dismayed to find it had washed off, despite my best efforts to avoid any kind of ablution!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    You took the words out of my mouth! I went into the bath this morning with some Diorissimo on the side of my hand, and was most dismayed to find it had washed off, despite my best efforts to avoid any kind of ablution!
    Ahhhhh .... Diorissimo. Am HANKERING after a bottle again; it's been too long since I last wore it. Glad that's a scent we share, VM.

And guess what -- I still ain't washed! This stuff is too precious and smells just too damned good (-- still!).
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Basenotes Plus

Rose..rose...rose...roses, my rose bushes are exploding with blooms in the back yard. As many are old garden roses, spring is the most glorious, show stopping, bloom in my garden.

I've never found a rose fragrance to match the scent of old garden roses. A new favorite of mine is DSH's American Beauty.

Here is my review, published in Sniffapalooza Magazine:

"American Beauty (Rose No. 1) is a straight up rose scent with a twist in the base. American Beauty begins a bit green & tart with the tiniest bit of spice. As it dries, it becomes a little honeyed but with enough of a green, rosy note that it does not become too sweet. If you have ever grown fragrant geraniums, you will recognize this stage in the scent development: light, green, clean, fresh, rosy, tiny bit sweet.

Then there is the most startling phase of this scent, the dry down. American Beauty is quite persistent but it is so full of surprises, its staying power will not upset you. The buttery aspect of orris appears about three hours into the scent, with just a touch of violet. What remains four to eight hours into the fragrance is a base note blend of Ciste Absolute, Patchouli, Mysore Sandalwood and Peru Balsam. The whole of which combine to create a slightly spicy, sweet, richly warm but earthy woody scent touched with the middle notes of rose. Aptly named this is."©

In the middle of a long weekend at home.
    Yay!

Gives me a chance to concentrate on the samples I haven't tried yet.

Today - Mona di Orio Niut Noire.

I've hesitated to wear this one because when I open the vial - I get burning rubber. Seems to be her trademark top note.

Not this time.

Vanilla, leather, hint of carnation. Fairly linear. Reminds me of a lusher version of Bulgari Black.
    Since I will probably be spending today in air conditioning, it's perfect.

Not so sure it will work in 90 degree weather.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Good morning
    I'm going for a walk in the forest with my two dogs. I'm wearing Roja Dove Enslaved. Maybe a bit sophisticated in the forest, but who cares
    Have a great day
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

OJ Champaca, courtesy of Haunani.
    It's softly green, floral, sweet - it has a tinge of blushing bride, actually. Quite innocent and romantic. Also very much not me I'm quite enjoying it, but I just know I won't wear this much at all. Soit.

Small is a devious little charmer, isn't she? And now I want chocolate donuts, too. *Sulk*
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Today I'm doing my earlier promised "compare and contrast" between Czech & Speake No. 88 and Parfums de Rosine Rose d'Homme.

When first applied, I said to myself, "Good grief! How could I think these two had anything in common? No. 88 is clear and spicy rose, while Rose d'Homme is all sweet rosy powder!" But as they're drying down, I realize I am actually not insane and my olfactory memory is pretty good: Rose d'Homme is definitely sweeter and more opaque, to No. 88's more crystalline gorgeousness (I can see myself wearing No. 88 year-round, while Rose d'Homme tends to need cool or cold weather for me to crave it), but the rose/citrus/woods combination are there in both... I think one big difference for me is that the "other floral(s)" in No. 88 is juicy geranium, and in Rose d'Homme it's powdery lavender.

No. 88 notes: Bergamot, geranium, rose otto, cassie, frangipani, vetiver, sandalwood.

Rose d'Homme notes: Rose, lemon, bergamot, woods, hay, vetiver, lavender, patchouli.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Fleur des Comores by Maitre Parfumeur Gantier

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Yves Saint Laurent Kouros.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

L'Artisan Parfumeur
    TIMBUKTU

Wordbird good luck with your procedure tomorrow. Hope it goes smoothly and healing goes quickly.
    ScentMother you're wearing two of my faves but I completely agree they are different and that's good.

Off to my grand-niece's b'day party in CT.
    Wanted something citrus and my eyes lit on one of my more recent acquisitions and said that's the ticket.

Cartier Declaration Eau Genereuse

Flankers are not my favorite subject in perfumery. Very often they are weaker un-balanced versions of the original and suffer in comparison. Try the sport version of many popular fragrances to see where I'm coming from. Then someone like Jean-Claude Ellena takes the idea and actually does something incredible with it. The Declaration line he created for Cartier shows how a central theme can be re-interpreted over four different scents. I am a big fan of the original Declaration and as someone who likes cumin in his scents it is a great scent, for me. What about the cumin averse out there? Ellena's first answer was, in 2001, Bois Bleu which stripped the cumin out and left the remainder firmly in aquatic territory. While I liked Bois Bleu it had lost some of the citrus sparkle that was present in the original and I missed that. In 2003, Ellena designed the scent that retains that spark and created Declaration Eau Genereuse. This is Declaration without the cumin and it is all sunshine and light and wonderful, on me. The top recreates the citrus beginning but without the earthiness of the cumin the green notes are much more prevalent. The wormwood is also missing which removes the astringent woody aspects and keeps Eau Genereuse all on the side of lighter, brighter accords as the zesty cardamom and artemesia lead down to a cedar-centric base. This is a clean, fresh scent expertly executed in an Eau de Cologne style. That Eau de Cologne style means not a lot of sillage but on me it stays as a close wearing skin scent for many hours. Ellena has almost made me a believer in flankers. Maybe more appropriately he has made me a believer in flankers designed by Ellena.

Have a Superb Sunday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Basenotes Institution

Piment Brulant by L' Artisan Parfumeur

I've been skin testing Eau Gentiane Blanche by Hermes and the green pepper note in the top notes kept reminding me of Piment Brulant, I finally had to wear PB to be able to mentally seperate the two. I see the differences clearly now. PB it is still one of strangest scents I own. I love it.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Wordbird, hope you see this before you have to set off, but good luck, let's hope everything is quick, straightforward and easy. xxx

Started the day in Eau de Shalimar, went to town and saw Shalimar EDT at very reasonable price, you can guess the rest. Now I'm in Shalimar EDT.

I am wearing Rive Gauche today. What a wonderful classic! A delightful day of lounging about awaits me today, with a pork roast interlude.

Hope all goes well for you WORDIE!

Off to finish my yard clean-up after a very late-in-the-year snowfall. Ugh! Gorgeous day today though, that seems to call for a little..

KAI OIL
    Have a great Sunday everyone!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

jasmin full by montale. It reminds me of bubblegum, for all intent and purposes I should like this. And I do, but it doesnt feel like jasmine to me for some odd reason. I sort of what another montale and I think it will be another aoud.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Tauer Perfumes Vetiver Dance for me today

Quote Originally Posted by Nukapai View Post
    Wordbird, hope you see this before you have to set off, but good luck, let's hope everything is quick, straightforward and easy. xxx

Started the day in Eau de Shalimar, went to town and saw Shalimar EDT at very reasonable price, you can guess the rest. Now I'm in Shalimar EDT.
    How reasonable is 'reasonable', Nuky? And what supplier?

Just askin'

I'm wearing Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere today. This has become my staple go-to fragrance. It's never not right and it always makes me feel good.

For dinner out last night I wore Jasmin de Nuit (is it called?) by The Different Company. That one is very nice. I just have a smidge in a sample left. I don't know whether I need more. Can't decide today - [I drank too much wine last night.

Lian, my husband thinks Montale's Jasmin Full smells exactly like the honeysuckle bushes that bloom near us.

I'm watching my donuts today!

sotd:
    Cartier
    Declaration

Caron's Eau de Reglisse

Blog Entries

L'A Fleur d'Oranger-- and as I have a cold, I consider myself fortunate to be able to smell it at all!

ElizabethW Sweet Tea. One of my old favorites. (Layered over ElizabethW Rose, because I must have poured _way_ too much rose bath oil into the bubble bath last night. I can clearly smell it this morning.)

Crayfish

Quote Originally Posted by soirdelune View Post
    How reasonable is 'reasonable', Nuky? And what supplier?

Just askin'
    £19.99 (instead of £30.50) at the Perfume Shop (

Blog Entries

This is so much prettier than the bottle...
    Diorissimo
    (you guys have convinced me!) Too light for me most of the time, but it felt right today.

Soirdelune, Carnal Flower is definitely precious stuff!! Ran out of the last of my sample and will be repurchasing soon. That's my preferred application method for CF too... I've gotta apply with a light touch though, that stuff's potent!

Wordie, feel better soon and be gentle with yourself.

Mmmm... donuts.... Oh!! I've applied at the local Dunkin' Donuts, and if they hire me, not only will I be grinning ear to ear, but I will radiate the smell of coffee and donuts!! Dreams do come true!
    <3 ... I'm blind crazy in love... <3

Well, it's all Wolfie's fault! I awoke late and splashed on Fire Island - that Bain de Soleil smell-alike - rushed to sit TWMAG (ackshully we frolicked with the dog in the backyard) and came scentlessly home - FI/BdeS long gone (five hours had passed) - to read Wolfie's latest act of information-sharing generosity ...http://community.basenotes.net/showt...t=229135...and of course had to head for

Trust me - they do not make them like that anymore.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Continuing on a Chanel week, at random pulled a sample of Allure Homme

Best wishes to Wordie.
    Last edited by arwen_elf; 24th May 2009 at 08:16 PM.
    Evenstar

Testing L'Eau Diptyque. I agree with our reviewers who deem it "too clove" and/or "too cinnamon," etc. After I shower, I will likely apply L'Air du Desert Marocain. Have a scrumptious Sunday, everyone.

Like the starter of this thread I wore Pampelune today.

I didn't know you could get matching shower gel - I've been using my Body Shop Pink Grapefruit shower gel and body butter with it.

Blog Entries

Hi all!

I'm trying my first test of JAR Golconda.

(I can't even find a picture of it online anywhere, so I'm using this pic of the wrong JAR...)

I'm really, really, really enjoying this one (which is actually bad news considering that information on JAR's pricing is sketchy at best, and the most I can find is that this is somewhere in the $400-500 range).

The opening was gorgeous, spicy carnation, spiked with clove and a pinch of cinnamon. I think I get a tiny amount of rose or geranium in the background. There's also a tiny hint of cucumber, which isn't really trying to smell like cucumber per se, but exists more to give a green, wet, leafy quality to the background.

This is natural perfumery, so I know that it will be long-lasting but without the silage you'd expect from synthetics.

All in all, this is just a beautiful blend.

I'd better start saving my pennies...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Rainy day, but kind of nice. Almost wore Shalimar, but landed on TF Black Orchid instead. It's a sillage kind of day for me.
    Ethereal Delights: Alien, Black Orchid, Magical Moon, Noa, Anisia Bella, Hypnotic Poison
    Sporty Fruity Florals/Sweet Playful Goodness: Creed Spring Flower, Be Delicious, Nina

Wordie, sending you healthy vibes. And, as usual, I love the latest Small story. She's definitely a girl after my own heart--I'll have to crib her response the next time I eat all the chocolate.

Sakecat, have a great time relaxing at home.

RHM and SMM, lovely reviews.

Rogalal and Mike Perez, I'll bet you both smelled yummy last night. Next time I go dancing, I'm wearing Black Aoud.

SotD: JM White Jasmine & Mint, which should be perfect for a BBQ and shouldn't clash with my sunscreen (outdoor events can be very challenging with my pale skin).

Have a great rest of the weekend, all.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I have been testing today.
    FM En Passant - lived up to its name and was gone by the time I remembered to check it was still there.
    OJ Osmanthus - didn't get on with this one. It smelled like it had landed on me by mistake.
    Artisan Parfumeur Voleur des Rose - couldn't smell this one on me at all
    OJ Woman - for the first time ever this did not smell of pine detergent on me. I really like it, though this afternoon's dose of hayfever has knocked out my ability to identify any notes other than general dark green woodland. And with my lack of experience of green notes I'm not sure I could name them anyway! But it smells gorgeous and is very calming.

I have been so long without wearing scent now that I almost feel as if I've lost my way. Much of what I have doesn't seem to sit quite right any more and I'm hankering after citrus and green notes.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Eau Sauvage tonight.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Institution

Penhaligon's Bluebell which I adore.
    Amazingly, I rummaged through some of my stuff here in London and I found my old last bottle of Mitsouko - the old formulation as this bottle is at least 12 years old ! I'm really pleased ! Alos I fould a small purse sized spray of Chanel No5 EDT.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Chanel Cristalle EDT

Right, so since the forum is going to be down for 24 hours I'd better say this here. My SOTD for tomorrow and the next week is going to be Crabtree and Evelyn's Lavender Water because I'm going into hospital for a week to have a hysterectomy on Tuesday. Don't fret, I'll be back before you know it and as annoying as ever!

I do have a serious point to make though. The reason I am having this operation is because I didn't have pap smear tests for 15 years. (Sorry - don't mean to be yucky, but...)
    So do yourself a favour. If you have a check up or test that you've been ducking, ring up and make the appointment. It might be unpleasant for an hour or two, but it beats the hell out of spending a week in hospital, doesn't it?

Lots of love to you all and thanks very much to all my dear friends who have sent me emails, PMs and tweets. Your support is enormously appreciated and very a great help.

Have a lovely week.
    Lisa
    x

Quote Originally Posted by exquisitely me View Post
    Mmmm... donuts.... Oh!! I've applied at the local Dunkin' Donuts, and if they hire me, not only will I be grinning ear to ear, but I will radiate the smell of coffee and donuts!! Dreams do come true!
    Sweeeeet. Hook us up! I like the French crueller.

After one full day of trying to figure out what the frook is in the elusive Sample C, we've figured that its main component is orchid. Orchid! This trips me out because orchids are one of my faverts (to borrow a word from Taolady) but I cannot abide this perfume! So today I'm wearing one of my most favert perfumes (also because in my quest I nearly ran my sample out yesterday...) and thoroughly enjoying it!

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

Why is it that donuts look so much tastier in real life??
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 24th May 2009 at 09:30 PM.

Wordbird, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts & prayers this week and wishing you a speedy recovery. (((hugs)))

Thanks for the reminder about keeping current with checkups! It is important. Good luck and looking forward to seeing you back real soon. We'll be thinking of you and missing you this week! ♥ ♥ ♥

All the best Wordbird. Hurry back!

Spending the rest of the evening relaxing in Poivre

L'Artisan Parfumeur
    Fou d'Absinthe

Just rolled in from the pub, Wordie.

Very best of luck for this week ... and wise words.

Lots of love,

Soir
    xx

D&G Light Blue Pour Homme.....Not a big fan.....it's ok.
    Gary

Hope everyone is doing well
    Back from a vacation today so a quick post
    in Un Jardin Après La Mousson
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Wordie- You've been in my prayers; I just sent you a letter.
    Think Julian of Norwich:
    "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well"....

CD- I love them both; for me, Rose D'Homme has a LOT of jasmine and orange blossom- which they don't seem to list...
    Definitely the heavier of the two.
    Great before bed.

No computer , bec ause we left here AGAIN at 5 am-
    This time, in a rental car !
    It was the ONLY time we'll get to go to Princeton before fall- for many reasons -
    And it was more beautiful than I'd remembered- like a friggin' FAIRYTALE.
    Jacob is ecstatic, and he should be; it's a great fit.

SOTD:
    Rosine's Rose Kashmirie-
    All lovely delicate lemony rose w/ a touch of saffron and an oud whisper.
    [Considering how HOT it was, I was grateful not to 'skunk ' anyone out, LOL.]

Kisses to all-

I took a spontaneous trip to scentbar today, and smelled lots of things...and ended up wearing a few!

Parfums MDCI Vepres Siciliennes--peachy, melon floral, light and crisp to start, turning softer toward the end.

Parfums MDCI Le Rivage des Syrtes--spiced bubblegum effect due to ylang and other florals. I liked how it got a bit more liqueur-like toward the end.

Parfums MDCI Un Coeur en Mai--great galbanum start turning to high-pitched white florals. Very nice, although evocative of Chanel Cristalle.

Le Labo Iris 39--green, green green galbanum, iris and mixed florals. Love it.

Nasomatto Absinthe--nutty vetiver and wormwood turning to wood and leather in the drydown. Yum!

Les Nez The Unicorn Spell--galbanum and violet leaf in a treacherously dry green scent. I am entranced!

L'Artisan Fou d'Absinthe--interesting absinthe and wood top notes. Goes through a coconut stage and ends with ho-hum herbal fougere in the end. Very nice, though.

Nandebary Green--now I know what everybody is talking about. Green like the sap of freshly cut plants and newly mown grass, then underlying mixed garden florals. Incredibly evocative of the flora of a northern/eastern North American garden.

The Party in Manhattan--amazing classic style floral with a fresh bergamot opening and strong carnation and rose notes. Reminds me of vintage Lanvin Arpege.

The Ten Party--80's masculine which reminded me of a much weaker version of Chanel Egoiste. On the plus side, could be a lovely spiced woods scent for warmer climates/weather.