Code of Conduct

Default Please Rate: Halston Unbound, Issey Miyake, Perry Ellis 360 Red, Versace Blue Jeans

So I'm in another dilemma again, looking for an everyday scent and I can't pick and choose here, so I'm asking for your help again BN'ers!

Issey - good for everyday, drydown is simply stellar, my nose always comes back to it

360 Degrees Red - this is the exact same thing as Aqua di Gio, I did NOT smell ANY difference.

Halston Unbound - yet to smell! Pretty excited 'cause of the reviews! Is it better than Issey, 360 and Aqua?

Blue Jeans (not Baby Blue Jeans) - very good overall. What do you think though?

Thanks !

Default Re: Please Rate: Halston Unbound, Issey Miyake, Perry Ellis 360 Red, Versace Blue Jea

Issey Miyake is inoffensive, and not good if you want to make a statement. It has its bitter bits but other than that is an excellent fragrance to be wearing if you don't want to make a splash but want to smell nice.

I haven't smelled Halston Unbound.

Perry Ellis 360 Red has some essential differences from Acqua di Gio, but I think overall it's weaker because of the quality of materials.

I absolutely love Versace Blue Jeans. It's almost my daily sweet-and-spicy fragrance of choice. Smells nice. Lasts long. Cheap.

Default Re: Please Rate: Halston Unbound, Issey Miyake, Perry Ellis 360 Red, Versace Blue Jea

Quote Originally Posted by pLaTypu5 View Post
    Issey Miyake is inoffensive, and not good if you want to make a statement. It has its bitter bits but other than that is an excellent fragrance to be wearing if you don't want to make a splash but want to smell nice.

I haven't smelled Halston Unbound.

Perry Ellis 360 Red has some essential differences from Acqua di Gio, but I think overall it's weaker because of the quality of materials.

I absolutely love Versace Blue Jeans. It's almost my daily sweet-and-spicy fragrance of choice. Smells nice. Lasts long. Cheap.
    Thanks, your reviews seem accurate and describe the presentations of the scents quite well, I've noticed that about Issey too, not-so-much a signature scent but airy, I'm cool kind of thing. About 360 Red, really? Lots of people say its just better than Aqua di Gio.

So I take it your vote is Blue Jeans?

Hey i own red 360 it smell just like adg but better cos without that sour on adg where red 360 has cinmannon and the longevity is very good on me

I have smelled all four and I would choose 360 or Unbound.

Both are similar to AdG, 360 has more of a cola smell and Unbound has a sweet floral smell.

I have tried to like Issey, but it just doesn't work for me.

Blue Jeans smells just ok to me.
    sb[]p

Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob[]pants View Post
    I have smelled all four and I would choose 360 or Unbound.

Both are similar to AdG, 360 has more of a cola smell and Unbound has a sweet floral smell.

I have tried to like Issey, but it just doesn't work for me.

Blue Jeans smells just ok to me.

I totally notice the cola or sprinkly-sparkle smell in 360. Now you say that Unbound has a sweet floral smell, is it better though? Is that floral smell feminine or masculine in the sense that you do not get mistaken for a feminine cologne? That's what I really wanted to know, as they don't sell Unbound anywhere in stores, so I'd have to do a blind buy online, as I do love Aqua di Gio scents, so I hope that would live up--indeed excel--my expectations judging by the reviews Unbound has since some say it transcends Aqua di Gio

Thanks for the description thus far!
    Last edited by Dudester!; 24th May 2009 at 06:27 PM.

Unbound is pretty good. I've had a couple ladies say how good i smelled.

I bought it blind and don't regret it at all. It exceeded my expectations.

I would say it's masculine..... It smells a lot like the sweet, fruit part of AdG.

If you like AdG, you should like this as well. I really like both!

I wouldn't be afraid to wear either at any time.
    sb[]p

Unbound is pretty good. I've had a couple ladies say how good i smelled.

I bought it blind and don't regret it at all. It exceeded my expectations.

I would say it's masculine..... It smells a lot like the sweet, fruit part of AdG.

If you like AdG, you should like this as well. I really like both!

I wouldn't be afraid to wear either at any time.
    Unbound is a lot cheaper than AdG too. If you had to pick smell-wise which is better would you still go with Unbound? And you say it is safe for every-day, right? Is it ideal for summer too?
    Last edited by Dudester!; 24th May 2009 at 06:39 PM.

Unbound is very safe for every day, and it would be great for summer.

I have a bottle of Unbound and still don't have a botttle of AdG.
    sb[]p

Blue Jeans is the only one I am familiar with.

On my skin, Blue Jeans is a big amber scent. I love it. Every time I see it at Marshall's I am tempted to buy it. Some day soon, I will!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Sur la Plage

I have sampled all 4 and personally would not choose any of them. Is there a reason you have limited your choice to these 4 fragrances? Which one do you like best?
    Last edited by petruccijc; 24th May 2009 at 11:30 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Also red 360 is very safe for every day and it safe for blind buy as i have.

Here unbound you get can cheap http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.html

and red 360 http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.html
    Last edited by perfume4life; 24th May 2009 at 11:06 PM.

Blue Jeans is and will always on my top 5. It's an incredibly comforting scent and one that is utterly unique. A real crowd pleaser.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I have sampled all 4 and personally would not choose any of them. Is there a reason you have limited your choice to these 4 fragrances? Which one do you like best?

So far, I like 360 Red best. Do you have another scent in mind then for every day?

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Blue Jeans is and will always on my top 5. It's an incredibly comforting scent and one that is utterly unique. A real crowd pleaser.

I just re-smelled Blue Jeans and was not impressed. It smells like laundry detergent and the scent is somewhat dry. It said "versus" on it, I heard this controversy of something with the word versus on Blue Jeans as not being authentic or whatever, but it sure does seem so, because at FragranceX it says Versus on it as well. And I sniffed it at Kohl's, which obviously sells real stuff.

So is there 2 versions here of Blue Jeans or was that it? Cause if it was, then 360 Red smells way nicer.

Now, I so want to smell Halston Unbound!! Is it worth a blind buy? What's good about it?

Dudester, I wore Unbound to work today just to test it out.

I was complimented within the first 5 minutes of being there!

What are your favorite colognes?
    sb[]p

Dudester, I wore Unbound to work today just to test it out.

I was complimented within the first 5 minutes of being there!

What are your favorite colognes?
    Nice! That's awesome Dude, you're really making me want it. Do you always get complimented when wearing it? My faves are: Issey Miyake, Perry 360 Red, BODY KOUROS (soeffinamazing), Tommy Bahama, (pending Lolita Lempicka).

Where did you get Unbound because it is no where in stores. Moreover I have to ask you can you please describe it in comparison to AdG; Aqua has that salt, 7-up kind of sparkly tone to it, is that also in Unbound?

I'd go for 360 Red out of those, and to me it smells more complex than AdG, although a little weaker.

Ya I get complimented a lot. It smells soooo nice.

I bought mine at scentmonkey.com for $13.99, 3.3 oz. definately worth it.

I just wanted to see what your style was. I'll have to try body kouros.

If you like 360 and AdG, I'm sure you'll like Unbound. I don't know AdG well enough, but

when I first smelled it, I thought Unbound smelled exactly like it.
    sb[]p

Dependent

LDIssey- by default a fave, common but popular
    360 - no experience
    halston - no experience
    Blue jeanas - been using it for ages and its extremely cheap for a top designer scent. fantastic blend of notes.

I had at one time all five (love them all) but my vote goes to Unbound. It's the one frag out of 60 that my wife requests that I wear. 13 bucks at scentiments.com.
    Peace ~ Markymark

Dependent

I hear so much about unbound being a great aquatic? Havent seen it around here. I hear also it mimics adgto fault and is so much cheaper. surely now i must as least try to get my hands on this

Dudester, you can get unbound cheap at http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.html

Just as with AdG, Unbound goes sour on my skin (albeit not nearly as much). It's the combined tomato leaf & watermelon notes/accords that does it. It's nicer than AdG IMO (AdG is too sour and peppery on my skin), but not as nice as 360 Degrees Red. On my skin, 360 Degrees Red lasts half a day and does not go sour. It dries down to a fresh, fizzy, and sweet smelling cinnamon.

Issey smells nothing like the aforementioned to my nose.

I haven't tried it myself, but I hear Just Me for Men by Paris Hilton is another good "AdG clone."

Quote Originally Posted by perfume4life View Post
    Dudester, you can get unbound cheap at http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.html
    Wow Unbound on eBay is $18 including shipping for 3.4 oz. I wouldn't worry about fake Halstons either lol.

Unbound smell really cheap, Issey smells great on others but sour on me. never smelled the others

Quote Originally Posted by rinosaur View Post
    Wow Unbound on eBay is $18 including shipping for 3.4 oz. I wouldn't worry about fake Halstons either lol.
    yeah, but at fragrance x site it anit fake all are real fragrance like retail. Ebay you can't really trust them i think some are fake