Code of Conduct

Default Are Knize fragrances just impossible to find...

.. in the US? I accidentally dropped my sample of TEN in the toilet - just when I was starting to dig it.
    Does anyone know of a dealer here in the states?

Thanks!

Matthew

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Are Knize fragrances just impossible to find...

Colonial Drug - (617) 864-2222
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Colonial Drug - (617) 864-2222
    Yes, sir!

Great folks to deal with.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

[COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

Great!
    Thank you all for your replies!

Matthew

I dont understand what is the point in offering Knize Ten in 100ml size and then again in 125ml size and then in 150ml size...

Quote Originally Posted by lightgreen22 View Post
    $28 Postage to the USA !?
    Ouch....
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

I purchased Knize Forest from Les Senteurs last yr, but all they have at the moment is samples of it. They do have Knize 10 and Lady Knize. Also I won an almost full bottle of Knize Forest on ebay last yr so it might be worth it to check ebay occasionally.

If we have enough people interested, someone in the USA can get a 1000ml bottle of Knize Ten for less than US$300 for Colonial Drug and do a ten way split of 100ml each...The savings can be phenomenal.

Caswell Massey was the exclusive importer/distributor of Knize scents in the US but they terminated their relationship with Knize about a year ago. You can still find some stock in various retail locations but it's getting tougher. The best source I have found for the full line of Knize is http://www.thedifferentscent.de/inde...a&filter_id=29

Chris
    Last edited by fishercb; 20th May 2009 at 02:57 AM.

I wrote about it in a previous thread, but starting this Summer Knize has found a new distributor for their products in North America. I forget what the name of the company is off the top of my head, and I need to log off, but perhaps there is hope for us yet.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Just found out that our fellow basenoter Hasuk@gmail has a bottle of it listed on his sales thread for 75$ if you are interested

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=227626
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Yes, sir!

Great folks to deal with.
    I just called these guys - they said that their carton was damaged, and that their Knize Ten's don't come with a cap!
    Seems weird that ALL the caps were broken - does this sound plausible?
    And they're still $75...

Matthew

$75 for how mutch ML ??

Sorry - 100ml

Hmm - I cannot find a reference to a K10 bottle that is 100ml, other than the deodorant spray!
    Glad I didn't order from them...

Blog Entries

Its not a deodorant spray. It is EDT indeed. There are some places that list Knize in 75ml, 100ml and 125ml. There are several BN'ers (including me) who would vouch for Colonial Drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Hmm - I cannot find a reference to a K10 bottle that is 100ml, other than the deodorant spray!
    Glad I didn't order from them...
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Yeah - I've read consistantly good things on them here!
    Just seems a little fishy that all their caps are broken. I figured they were trying to sell me a tester at regular price...
    Anyone have a Knize Ten cap they don't want?

M

I visited Colonial Drug last month and purchased a bottle of Knize Ten. Here's the scoop:

• The bottle size is 125 mL.
    • The bottle I purchased didn't come with a cap or box. My guess is that Colonial came into a quantity of testers, but I didn't ask because, well, I was so busy looking at all the other stuff in the shop while the guy was wrapping up the bottle that I didn't notice it wasn't NIB until I was halfway across town. It wouldn't have changed my decision to buy, but I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get a box or cap.
    I'm sure the bottle was genuine because: 1) the cardboard sleeve that the bottle came in had a little sticker with handwriting that was definitely European, and 2) who would make a fake Knize Ten?
    Last edited by Snafoo; 16th June 2009 at 07:26 PM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Sort of, because while others are quite easy to purchase in shops and/or order online, Knize Ten Golden Edition is surely hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I wrote about it in a previous thread, but starting this Summer Knize has found a new distributor for their products in North America. I forget what the name of the company is off the top of my head, and I need to log off, but perhaps there is hope for us yet.
    does anyone have any new info about this?

Seems a somewhat incongruous distributer. As I recall it is some sort of marine products importer from Maine.

I've got a bottle for sale on the my sales thread if you're interested.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Knize 10 seems to be in the same category to me as Chanel Pour Monsieur (not PM Concentre).

Highly lauded scents that are not easily obtainable.

I find sites that sell one or the other, but rarely is it a site I feel like I "trust."

I've never heard any complaints from anyone about Colonial Drug (which is where I got my bottle....also a capless tester, though not sold as one). Unless you go there in person, you need to order over the phone since their web presence if very limited. But they're good folks and sell good frags. And the K10 is absolutely authentic (having sampled it via the equally trustworthy, if a bit distant, Ausliebezumduft)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    I just called these guys - they said that their carton was damaged, and that their Knize Ten's don't come with a cap!
    Seems weird that ALL the caps were broken - does this sound plausible?
    And they're still $75...

Matthew
    There's something fishy about the missing caps thing. Probably not counterfeits, but something odd sticking in my mind with that.

Might be similar to what retailers do with newspapers/magazines. They often rip the masthead off the unsold papers or covers off magazines to prove to the distributor that they didn't sell them.

Maybe their stock was repurchased from another retailer who couldn't/didn't sell them.

Not sure where one might purchase a case of "testers."

But if it's the real stuff and full bottle, what the hey....
    Last edited by StylinLA; 31st October 2009 at 10:19 PM.

Colonial Drug has an impeccable reputation. I have dealt with them on several occasions. They have always exceeded my expectations.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I have no doubts they are a reputable outfit and don't mean to imply they aren't.

There is something odd about everyone getting a bottle with no cap or box.

I may be purchasing Knize 10 from them since they seem to be the most trustworthy I can find- cap or no cap.

Let me add my voice to the chorus of praise for Colonial. They are wonderful, helpful people. A model business.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Splits: O'driu, La Via del Profumo/AbdesSalaam Attar, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

I have spoken with Colonial and got the story on the missing boxes and it makes sense. If I like the sample, I will certainly buy Knize 10 from them.

It sounds like a pretty intense frag.

Thanks for all of the feedback on them. They indeed seem like a great resource for our community.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 3rd November 2009 at 03:15 PM.

for once it pays off to live in Germany fragrancewise. I can order Knize Ten, Gold, Two, Sec and Forest through an online drugstore. They also ship to the US, but the site is all German:
    http://www.jebe.de/
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I got the 125ml Golden Edition and 225ml Knize Ten for really good prices at http://www.parfumdreams.de
    They don't list US shipping costs, but you can always ask.
    I even contacted Knize in Vienna, but they were a lot more expensive. The 225ml Knize Ten is a splash btw.
    Last edited by dr.creed; 3rd November 2009 at 05:23 PM.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Quote Originally Posted by Snaggy1 View Post
    $28 Postage to the USA !?
    Ouch....
    I've seen it for way more the other way around - without guarantee of arival.

Quote Originally Posted by fishercb View Post
    Caswell Massey was the exclusive importer/distributor of Knize scents in the US but they terminated their relationship with Knize about a year ago. You can still find some stock in various retail locations but it's getting tougher. The best source I have found for the full line of Knize is http://www.thedifferentscent.de/inde...a&filter_id=29

Chris
    Probably the one best, most personal fragrance store I have encountered so far.
    Jens is one amazingly knowledgeable guy and has got incredible range.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    for once it pays off to live in Germany fragrancewise. I can order Knize Ten, Gold, Two, Sec and Forest through an online drugstore. They also ship to the US, but the site is all German:
    http://www.jebe.de/
    YAY, ditto