Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Montale Wild Aoud and Deep Roses - First Impressions

there is really no comparison between the 2!!! except maybe the highness rose is $900 per 100ml and the deep rose is like 150 lol
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    About Red Aoud, sample first. It's a love or hate thing too. I love it, but many of my fellow basenoters do not agree with me. The best way to enjoy Red Aoud is to wear it to bed. Don't get a 50ml bottle. Get like a 5-10ml decant. It will last a long time and you'll save some money.
    Amen. This is my experience with RA also.

I'm really digging on the Wild Aoud.....I'm newer to this than you guys, but I've never encountered a scent like this that is at the same time close to the skin while lasting an insane amount of time......like a full 24 hours amount of time.

It might not be as aoud forward as some of the rest, but it is nonetheless just perfection to me. I can't even describe how much I like it after two wearings but I know I can't stop sniffing the application points.

Then again, I'm the rare chap who likes Tom Ford by Tom Ford so take it for what it's worth
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus

IMO, Wild Aoud is the better of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by jzzbassman View Post
    I'm really digging on the Wild Aoud.....I'm newer to this than you guys, but I've never encountered a scent like this that is at the same time close to the skin while lasting an insane amount of time......like a full 24 hours amount of time.

It might not be as aoud forward as some of the rest, but it is nonetheless just perfection to me. I can't even describe how much I like it after two wearings but I know I can't stop sniffing the application points.

Then again, I'm the rare chap who likes Tom Ford by Tom Ford so take it for what it's worth
    After several wearings, this remains my top scent.

It is deceptive in that it does start out tame, but don't be fooled by the initial impression.....as said here Tame Aoud, no aoud, etc.

Much like Black Aoud, its power increases after a good half of the day is over. The wood/ cedar notes stay powerful, but the aoud shows back up to add a great sweetness. I originally thought it was close to the skin, but it does project a lot more than I thought. It never fails to get compliments, usually when walking past someone.

Maybe "Wild" stands for Wild Card; it is that for me. The notes of bergamot and tobacco listed are non-existent to my nose, and the patchouli listed is much more refined and less dirty than I'm used to.

To each his own, but I'm more convinced now that it is a fantastic scent.
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus