Code of Conduct

Red face Vintage perfume rampage: Copenhagen

Hi chaps (and ladies),

This weekend my wife and I spent 2 full days wandering around Copenhagen, visiting the antique stores and fleamarkets (stopping occasionally for tooooo many pastries and coffees). There is one thing Ive always said about the Danes, and that is that they sure know how to hold a fleamarket!

Between the pair of us, we managed to amass a small collection of vintage perfumes for only a handful of dollars. Not only did I snag some beautiful stoppered cut-crystal empty bottles, we also got the following vintage scents (1930s to 1970s):

Vintage Nahema Parfum mini (Guerlain)
    Ma Griffe (Carven) still boxed and in its cellophane
    Nocturnes de Caron Cologne Fraiche (full bottle)
    Youth Dew (Estee Lauder) - partial bottle
    L'Aimant (Coty) EDT - partial
    Jungle L'Elephante (Kenzo) - a half-full 50ml bottle, but was on my wishlist anyway - $1.20!
    Eau de Cologne Fraiche (Christain Dior) - (full 1950's 100ml bottle), the bottle and packaging I love (pictured).

We also saw Anais Anais (80s), Ispahan (Yves Rocher) and a bottle of vintage "Old Spice" in a clear brown glass bottle (the precise name of the special edition escapes me), amongst many others. These, we did not buy. There were just too many to recall, and for our pocketbooks!

The big surprise of the day was when a vendor whom we had made a purchase from, reached under the table and revealed a 400ml factice of Paco Rabanne (pictured), and said "here - you can just have this". We felt like Daddy's b*tches!

So - when was the last time you hit the pavement and visited some of those fleamarkets and estate sales?
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 24th May 2009 at 10:42 PM. Reason: typoooo

Default Re: Vintage perfume rampage: Copenhagen

Every Sunday. And you got some real finds there!

No luck today, but last week I bought a full bottle (15ml) of vintage Arpege extrait by Lanvin, still in box. 8 USD.

Earlier this year I have found Donna Karan Chaos, Vintage full Pour un Homme (Caron) and Tsar.
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Oh man, finds for the ages for sure.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Ha, thought you'd clean out the stalls before I visit Copenhagen, did you?
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

*sniggers* No, we left you plenty (some Robert Piguet, and Dunhill original amongst others)!
    The Gammel Strand market is always a good one each Fri/Saturday, just behind Strøget.

Basenotes Institution

The Eau Fraiche bottle is adorable - congrat's D.

Copenhagen is the shizz, isn't it? Love that place.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 24th May 2009 at 09:36 PM.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Makes me want to travel again! It's a while since I was in Europe. Only one such experience since I arrived here (i.e. basenotes) and that was local. An odd selection of bits and pieces in a small shop in Kowloon.

Yatagan (older version, black top) & Maxims Pour Homme.
    Eau de Patou (seem to be both the Homme and Femme versions?)
    Patou Forever (with spray or round red stopper - maybe more recent)
    Vol de Nuit and Parure EDCs in the old B&W boxes.

It's an odd little shop selling mostly Chinese Herbal Medicine - still hanging on in the face of the chain stores.

I must begin to explore that market more, live close by - until now I haven't found anything perfume-y (Guerlain!) there...

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    *sniggers* No, we left you plenty (some Robert Piguet, and Dunhill original amongst others)!
    The Gammel Strand market is always a good one each Fri/Saturday, just behind Strøget.

Actually Mr. Guerlain, its the 2nd Guerlain goody I came across at Gammel Strand.

Do you remember my mad find (the black lyre bottle of Chant D'Aromes?) that I neglected to buy for a measly 75kr, not realising at the time that the same bottles are selling for €400 €600 on the net?! I KICK myself every time I visit there!
    Its probably sitting in the dusty cabinet of a ho-hum bottle collector, when the Guerlain maniacs of the planet would sell a lung to own it!

"Guerlain Maniacs" lol.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

I`m green envious!!! as we don`t have those perfumed flea markets here in Siberia.
    Any time I travel in Europe - I do the massive attack on old perfumeries and flea markets.
    Last time it was 2 years ago.
    Rome - Nombre Noir Shiseido (OK, I could swap it onto Sous le Vent vintage), Mystere Rochas, Diorling and Dior-Dior, Mitsouko Guerlain.
    Paris - a lot of minis. Bottles on parisian flea markets are so expensive.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Now I've got my first vintage, I can't wait to hunt such vintage ones on fleamarkets!
    unico grande amore.