Code of Conduct

Default Spicy replacement for Ralph Lauren Blue

Hi -

My wife has worn Ralph Lauren Blue for a couple of years - and as it's discontinued we were looking around for a replacement.

Her tastes have moved away from sweeter perfumes - she no longer can wear White Tea or Hot Coutier - and whilst she has tried a number of flowery smelling perfumes, I think something spicier would suit her better - a couple of times she's tried male perfumes and thought they were 'interesting' though not necessarily for her.

She liked the new Prada - whilst I liked the top notes but didn't care much for the drydown - which had that generic linen like smell that seems to be quite popular these days.

I'd like to help out but don't really know where to start - so am looking for ideas; something preferably cool, slightly flowery and spicey, and classic without smelling too 'old' or too strongly of patchouli. She likes Guerlain Vetiver and YSL Rive Gauche on me - no idea if the theories about complementary scents have any grounds in reality - I suspect the female equivalents would actually smell 'old'.

Thanks,

Default Re: Spicy replacement for Ralph Lauren Blue

How about Estee Lauder Sensuous? This is a new fragrance so it should be easy to sample at any Estee Lauder counter. Another spicy favorite is Donna Karan Black Cashmere (although it has also incense/smoky notes). Donna Karan also recently reissued Chaos -- I've not tried but read great reviews. I believe it's being sold in high-end stores.

Estee Lauder Sensuous would be a great starting point -- easy to find, and reasonably priced.

Disclaimer: I've not tried RL Blue, so my recommendations are based on your request for "spicy" scents.
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

Default Re: Spicy replacement for Ralph Lauren Blue

Quote Originally Posted by kess View Post
    How about Estee Lauder Sensuous? This is a new fragrance so it should be easy to sample at any Estee Lauder counter. Another spicy favorite is Donna Karan Black Cashmere (although it has also incense/smoky notes). Donna Karan also recently reissued Chaos -- I've not tried but read great reviews. I believe it's being sold in high-end stores.

Estee Lauder Sensuous would be a great starting point -- easy to find, and reasonably priced.

Disclaimer: I've not tried RL Blue, so my recommendations are based on your request for "spicy" scents.
    Thanks - I'm looking for spicy suggestions rather than anything similar to Blue (which the various comparison sites compare to white tea). I'll try Sensuous and whatever the fragrance directory site things are similiar perfumes

I suspect the DK might not be in the frame, as we both dislike incense - though it should be a useful data point