Code of Conduct

Thread: Yves Rocher

Default Yves Rocher

I hardly ever see anyone writing about Yves Rocher's fragrances. Am I the only one here that likes them? I think Eryo is a fantasic woody oriental, their Nature Millenaire was great, and their Iris Noir is superb as well.

Wondering if any of the guys wear either Iris Noir or Voile d'Ambre, which are both marketed towards women, but which I think are good as masculine frags as well.

Default Re: Yves Rocher

Tried Iris Noir. There is absolutely no iris in it whatsoever. I cannot wear Iris Noir without thinking of the color purple. Don't know why...

I have a bottle of Iris Noir (on my swap list now). I'd call it an abstract vision of blueberries. It's very well done but the idea of smelling this for hours is just not that appealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    I hardly ever see anyone writing about Yves Rocher's fragrances. Am I the only one here that likes them? I think Eryo is a fantasic woody oriental, their Nature Millenaire was great, and their Iris Noir is superb as well.

Wondering if any of the guys wear either Iris Noir or Voile d'Ambre, which are both marketed towards women, but which I think are good as masculine frags as well.
    I wear Voile d'Ambre. Nice accord, but it doesn't last very long. I prefer Yves Rocher bath products. I love the neutral PH shower gel for children that is made with witch hazel.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 28th May 2009 at 04:02 AM.

I think their fragrances, especially the three newer ones, you mentioned the Iris and Voile, are superb. They make a very fine fragrance, for a fraction of the cost of many others that smell half as lovely.
    Iris smells wonderful on a man, well at least on dear hubby. Voile I could also imagine would smell divine. The rose might even work also, since it is a heavier rose and not a light vapid one.
    Yves Rocher is tops in my book.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post
    I think their fragrances, especially the three newer ones, you mentioned the Iris and Voile, are superb. They make a very fine fragrance, for a fraction of the cost of many others that smell half as lovely.
    Iris smells wonderful on a man, well at least on dear hubby. Voile I could also imagine would smell divine. The rose might even work also, since it is a heavier rose and not a light vapid one.
    Yves Rocher is tops in my book.
    Does your husband have his own bottle of Iris, or does he raid your perfume collection? My wife has a tiny bottle of Iris Noir, and I've been dipping into it a lot recently. Haven't had the guts yet to wear it to the office, however.

I tried some a few years ago, all I remember is that their longevity was disappointing (sigh). What about the newer ones? Any improvement in this department?

Quote Originally Posted by fjord View Post
    I tried some a few years ago, all I remember is that their longevity was disappointing (sigh). What about the newer ones? Any improvement in this department?
    I can say that Eryo holds up pretty well - about 8 to 10 hours on my skin. It's a spicy, woody oriental, so it's not surprising. Their Nature Millenaire Autumn, now discontinued unfortunately, had about the same staying power. Iris Noir isn't has strong, but lasts a good 6 to 8 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    Does your husband have his own bottle of Iris, or does he raid your perfume collection? My wife has a tiny bottle of Iris Noir, and I've been dipping into it a lot recently. Haven't had the guts yet to wear it to the office, however.
    Oh, goodness no, my hubby never even thinks of fragrance, I am the one who will just spray him with something. His own bottles are; Fahrenheit, Yatagan, Habit Rouge, all of which I gave him. He will occasionally put them on of his own accord, but other scents I will be the one to put on him.
    You should wear IN to the office, some scent marketed towards men smell more feminine than many of mine.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

I wouldn't doubt that Iris Noir smells good to others when one wears it (as it is interesting at first and clearly well made), but I am mostly interested in whether it bores me over a period of a few hours.

Someone pointed out berries in Iris Noir - yes - that's why I think "purple!" I actually detect Indian spices as the base (cumin I think) too and that's what decided me against it. I gave a 4 ml sample away and kept 1 ml in the mini bottle only as reference.

My favorite Rocher, especially in cooler weather, is Néonatura Cocoon, a dry cocoa-patchouli-vanilla gourmand. I've seen some male Basenoters post about wearing it, and I would consider it unisex.
    Sniff and let sniff.

At this time of year my wife likes to wear her Tendre Jasmin. I have not yet found an YR scent for myself though.

Timaran and Aztec are fine scents.

I think YR is mentioned more over on the Female Fragrance forum, for some reason.
    While I recognize the quality in some of their scents, I really don't want to smell of any of them. Bought Voile d'Ambre mainly off reviews here, and it's nice alright, but not soemthing I use. So yah. Any takers?
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

I have several on my test list. Preliminary sniffing made Eryo to be the most intriguing.

Also, if you order anything from Yves Rocher, you get free stuff like gels, moisturizers and other body care stuff.

Sur la Plage

I never found a male YR fragrance that I thought was worth buying. But my sister, mother and aunt were fond of several of the female fragrances (Ispahan, Venice).
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I agree their stuff, especially the Secret d'Essence series is better quality than most designer perfumes and a whole lot of niche that is ten times the price. Shows you how image generates value. I have Iris Noir and the rose scent -the former hasn't clicked for me, the latter is a good if slightly conventional rose - I personally prefer Rose Poivrée as being a bit more interesting (and I admittedly mostly wear Black Tie, Caraceni or 88 when it comes to rose), but that's a stylistic, not a "prestige" choice.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I love their Fraicheur Vegetale range, some of the scents belonging to it having an unisex, almost masculine wearability.