Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Men's Cologne for Women

I bought a friend a bottle of Guerlain Vetiver for her birthday a few months ago. It works very well on her.

Quote Originally Posted by seasoldiermarine View Post
    I was in an elavator with a young Lady recently and I caught a very familiar Sexy scent from her, I smiled at her and she smiled back and said hello. I asked her what she was wearing and she winked at me and said ''Farenheit". We spoke for about 2 minutes and I had to get off and she said "see you around". We work in the same Building
    This must have been interesting. How coquettish!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta1 View Post
    Personally, I feel you are welcome to wear whatever fragrance you desire. However, just don't get near me nor even suppose anyone like me would ever ask you out. As a man, whenever I make love to a woman I want my lady to smell like a lady. I'll take care of the part of smelling like a man and giving her everything she wants -- including having her enjoy a sexy men's fragrance on her man -- as she returns the volley.
    I think if you look at history and explore scent more, you realise the "gender label" on a scent is really all a matter of marketing. Many perfumes were marketed to one gender, only to be taken up by the other.

The "genderising" of scent has existed for only a little more than 100 years. See the first quote in this post. A woman wearing a "men's" scent can be attractive and sexy.
    Last edited by Primrose; 26th February 2010 at 01:41 PM.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

I'm glad to see this thread as I love to wear 'men's' scents, and like Hillaire, also appreciate the daringness of men wearing 'women's' scents. The use of quotes is because I think of gender as a social construct.

I see the erotic appeal to have one's frag conjure images of one's desired partner, hence often the switch. I also think the trade can be intellectually / politically about breaking traditional gender boundaries and celebrating individuation from social constraint. And on a purely aromatic basis, I think fragrance preferences are volitional and personal, and often defy gender classification. I also think there may be distinctions between people using scents primarily to allure others, or to primarily please themselves, and these, too, may come into play.

I often wear men's scents with all of these ideas in mind, and as I personally adore leathery, dark, spicy, green, and woody scents that are typically marketed to men.

Some of my current faves are:
    Guerlain Habit Rouge
    Creed Original Santal
    Creed Original Vetiver
    and Burberry London for Men
    I'm very interested to test Silver Mountain Water as well as Rive Gauche as others have mentioned.

I say to each their own with pleasure and freedom in mind!

A woman can easily wear Dior Homme or Dior Homme Intense. I also think a man can wear Cuir de Russe. But everyone can't wear everything. Just because a woman may look good in your shirt doesn't mean your are going to look good in hers.
    "If you enjoy the fragrance of a rose, you must accept the thorns which it bears."
    -Isaac Hayes

I have seen women wear Body Kouros & Versace The Dreamer oh!! n yes JPG Le Male.......Do you c d similarities??