Code of Conduct

Default Hugo Energise vs Joop Jump vs Versace Pour Homme

Which one would you go for and why.Is these any similar between the three perfumes?

Which one is more sexy
    Last edited by perfume4life; 28th May 2009 at 08:28 PM.

Default Re: Hugo Energise vs Joop Jump vs Versace Pour Homme

VPH....all LIFE long...

Joop Jump to me, is "lighter version" of Chanel Allure pour homme, which is so young, gentle, interesting, and last forever And of course, so sexy.

two good replies make me want have joop jump and vph

I've only tried Versace Pour Homme, but I consider it one of the few five star scents I've tried. Wear a spritz on the back of each forearm - this is the only way to fully appreciate the evolution as certain subtleties are blurred/lost when you only spray on the chest. The cedar/oud/amber combo that comes out at around the 2 hour mark is just lovely. Lots of evolution in this scent.

While I wouldn't call this scent 'sexy' by any means, it does draw quite a few compliments from women.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 29th May 2009 at 12:44 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Sur la Plage

I would go for a different fragrance than the 3 you have listed.

But if I had to pick one, I would go with Versace pour Homme.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 29th May 2009 at 01:08 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

None of those are sexy. In fact a fragrance doesn't make you sexy, your personality does.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I would go for a different fragrance than the 3 you have listed.
    What value does this add to the thread?

I'm only calling this out because I see you come into a lot of threads about designer or other non-snob-approved scents and make similar unhelpful or even negative comments that don't contritbute to the thread in any way.

Those kind of comments make BN feel like a less (noob) friendly place. I just don't understand why people feel compelled to post in a thread they obviously have no real interest in.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 29th May 2009 at 12:53 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    What value does this add to the thread?

I'm only calling this out because I see you come into a lot of threads about designer or other non-snob-approved scents and make similar unhelpful or even negative comments that don't contritbute to the thread in any way.

Those kind of comments make BN feel like a less (noob) friendly place. I just don't understand why people feel compelled to post in a thread they obviously have no real interest in.
    Sorry SoS. I did not mean to come across that way now, or ever. I apologize if I did.

I certainly don't consider myself a snob by any means. A majority of my collection is composed of "designer" scents - and I certainly don't believe in spending an arm and a leg for any fragrance. I also feel I have tried my best to help a majority of new members on the board.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

It's all good. I am sure I have done the same thing in other threads but am trying to be vigilant in catching myself before I do so again.

I shouldn't have called you out specifically as really it's just the phenomenon in general that bothers me. I know you are a cool guy Joe and have helped many newcomers since you've joined. I guess I was just a bit moody and needed to vent. Thanks for listening and being understanding.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    None of those are sexy. In fact a fragrance doesn't make you sexy, your personality does.
    Ditto.

It's all good. I am sure I have done the same thing in other threads but am trying to be vigilant in catching myself before I do so again.

I shouldn't have called you out specifically as really it's just the phenomenon in general that bothers me. I know you are a cool guy Joe and have helped many newcomers since you've joined. I guess I was just a bit moody and needed to vent. Thanks for listening and being understanding.
    SoS and Joe,

You guys are two of the calmer voices on the forum and temper the crazy people like me.
    You two have caused me to sample more designer stuff lately and now my huge drobe is equally divided between niche and designer. Cheers.

Good to hear it JWS.

But.. BUT!.. Allure Homme Sport over Versace Pour Homme? I can't talk to you anymore! (you used to own VPH, right? What do you like better about the AHS if you don't mind answering - this might actually be helpful to Perfume4Life and sort of on topic too, given the similarities between AHS and VPH)
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Good to hear it JWS.

But.. BUT!.. Allure Homme Sport over Versace Pour Homme? I can't talk to you anymore! (you used to own VPH, right? What do you like better about the AHS if you don't mind answering - this might actually be helpful to Perfume4Life and sort of on topic too, given the similarities between AHS and VPH)
    Good question. I like them both! I was almost done with my Versace Pour Homme (1.7 oz), but gave it to my nephew after he went 'gaga' over it during a visit...I was gifted, two weeks ago, the Chanel Allure Sport Homme (3.4 oz tester never sprayed) by a Dillards SA that likes me very much. I have to say the bottle rocks. Just yesterday, I was gifted a brand new tester of Bulgari Pour Homme Soir (never sprayed) by my favorite Macys SA. I am so appreciative of these two gifts and like them both.

As for VPH vs AHS...hmmm. I just like them both. AHS tends to be a tad sweeter, and VHS has a more aromatic feel to it IMO. I can't think of two other mainstream frags that fit my personality better and just have a warm and vibrant aura to them that I never seem to tire of. I get energy from them for sure. So for now, AHS wins because it was a free gift.

Hugo Energise would be my favourite of those three. It is fruity sweet (not overly sweet) on first application, then it has a light, smooth, sexy wood base with amazing longevity and sillage. It lasts a long time! I have, by far, had the most compliments when wearing Energise than any other fragrance. It's great! And it is VERY underrated on here I have found.

Joop! Jump is a very nice scent too. It's more fresh and is sweet, with similarities to the latest Joop! fragrance, Thrill, toward the end. It's a great summer scent too. I really like it.

Versace Pour Homme is again, a very nice, clean, fresh scent. Not the best longevity or sillage on offer here. Out of these three, it would be my least favourite, but it is tough to call as all three are great and completely different. They are not similar at all.

Good to hear it JWS.

I have Allure Homme Sport, i would be happy if it similar like VPH i mean allure homme sport is experence and VPH seem cheap

Quote Originally Posted by somnambulist07 View Post
    Hugo Energise would be my favourite of those three. It is fruity sweet (not overly sweet) on first application, then it has a light, smooth, sexy wood base with amazing longevity and sillage. It lasts a long time! I have, by far, had the most compliments when wearing Energise than any other fragrance. It's great! And it is VERY underrated on here I have found.

Joop! Jump is a very nice scent too. It's more fresh and is sweet, with similarities to the latest Joop! fragrance, Thrill, toward the end. It's a great summer scent too. I really like it.

Versace Pour Homme is again, a very nice, clean, fresh scent. Not the best longevity or sillage on offer here. Out of these three, it would be my least favourite, but it is tough to call as all three are great and completely different. They are not similar at all.
    Great you have been helpful here, i like Hugo Energise is last long, also it has very sweet fruit and that's perfect,joop jump is like refresh of La Male verison people said.

Versace Pour Homme is twin brother of Allure Homme Sport

Energise is awesome IMHO. My personal favourite in fact.
    My Current 5 stars..... Brut, Lynx Java, Lynx Oriental, Lynx Musk, Lynx Inca, Lynx Fever, Addiction Spice Fire, Hugo Energise, Sean Jean Unforgivable, Burberry Touch, Jean Paul Gaultier Le MÔle, cKBe & cK1

I like what I like, so sue me!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo1979 View Post
    Energise is awesome IMHO. My personal favourite in fact.
    great im going to tried Energise again and give it a time to see if i really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by perfume4life View Post
    Versace Pour Homme is twin brother of Allure Homme Sport
    More like the annoying brother you have to deal with when one of your parents re-marry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    More like the annoying brother you have to deal with when one of your parents re-marry.
    same gone for you

Out of these 3 the loudest is Joop Jump and the most tempered one is Versace pour Homme. To me, the one that stands out is Hugo Energise. I remember I got a whiff of it from an Indian and thought it was quite nice. He was about 10 -12 meters in front of me and still I could catch its projection. It's sweet, woody and screams 'modernity'. I find Hugo Boss scents long lasting and appeal to ladies.

Anyway, since you've asked about these 3 you must be interested in them and I think you'd eventually buy them all
    Last edited by KiatBkk; 30th May 2009 at 01:03 PM.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I like Hugo Energize it is fresh yet rich and last a long time - sillage is a plus also.

With Energize I always receive a complement.

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    Out of these 3 the loudest is Joop Jump and the most tempered one is Versace pour Homme. To me, the one that stands out is Hugo Energise. I remember I got a whiff of it from an Indian and thought it was quite nice. He was about 10 -12 meters in front of me and still I could catch its projection. It's sweet, woody and screams 'modernity'. I find Hugo Boss scents long lasting and appeal to ladies.

Anyway, since you've asked about these 3 you must be interested in them and I think you'd eventually buy them all
    I like all them three so i think i might go for Joop Jump and VPH give Energise a break

Hugo Energize is on sale here

$19.79 for a gift set with a 2.5 oz EDT and Aftershave
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Hugo Energize is on sale here

$19.79 for a gift set with a 2.5 oz EDT and Aftershave
    so how much is that for british pound?

Energise is quite cheap on cheapsmells.com too. Certainly a good price for such a wonderful scent.
    My Current 5 stars..... Brut, Lynx Java, Lynx Oriental, Lynx Musk, Lynx Inca, Lynx Fever, Addiction Spice Fire, Hugo Energise, Sean Jean Unforgivable, Burberry Touch, Jean Paul Gaultier Le MÔle, cKBe & cK1

I like what I like, so sue me!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo1979 View Post
    Energise is quite cheap on cheapsmells.com too. Certainly a good price for such a wonderful scent.
    Yeap that true and also Fragrance x site had cheap frags there i end up buying Energise at my local store

Basenotes Plus

SirSlarty is correct in saying that none are particularly sexy. But as a good all rounder in terms of smell, projection and longevity Joop Jump would be my choice.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 2nd June 2009 at 05:53 PM.

Versace Pour Homme, hands down. Seriously.

perfume4life , I hope you do not mind me doing so, but I am gonna recommend you try these other fragrances by the labels

Hugo Boss : Give Dark Blue a chance. Just keep in mind that generally Hugo Boss are always at high prices and rarely discounted.

Versace : Baby Blue Jeans . Great for warm weather and very pleasant. Nice bottle too !

Joop! : Jump is a good choice and seems to have goo reviews, although I have not tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    perfume4life , I hope you do not mind me doing so, but I am gonna recommend you try these other fragrances by the labels

Hugo Boss : Give Dark Blue a chance. Just keep in mind that generally Hugo Boss are always at high prices and rarely discounted.

Versace : Baby Blue Jeans . Great for warm weather and very pleasant. Nice bottle too !

Joop! : Jump is a good choice and seems to have goo reviews, although I have not tried it.
    Yeah thank for your feedback, I have not try Versace Baby Blue Jeans and Hugo Boss Dark Blue will give it a try i like bottle of Hugo boss Dark blue it look beautiful also Versace blue jean.