Code of Conduct

Default Let's talk gourmands.

Any fans out there? I tried A*Men the other day, expecting to hate it, but was oddly captivated by it, especially after a few hours. The bottles are confusing though haha. Should I buy the rubber flask 3.4 oz version? Also what are some other gourmands that you enjoy?

Default Re: Let's talk gourmands.

I found that the gourmands that had something harsh in them eventually came to nauseate me (lavender is the worst for me). The tar in A*Men got to me after a while. A gentle gourmand (but strong) is Amour de Cacao. B*Men is a sort of hybrid, and I like it once in a while. I couldn't imagine wearing it every day, or even once a week !

One of my favorite gourmands is Armani Diamonds. Shame it has awful staying power though.

Most people here love Rochas Man.

Lolita Lempicka is hit or miss depending on your sense of adventure.

Also check out Kenzo Jungle l'Elephant. . . i'm smelling it on my watch this minute even though i wore it more than a month ago!

A*Men Pure Coffee is wonderful and can be enjoyed by both men and women.

New Haarlem by Bond is another great gourmand, also unisex.
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

Hillaire

OOH
    Please try Trussardi Inside Uomo.
    It's super good.

Chocolate gourmands:

Tried the much-discussed Dior Homme, or Guerlain's L'Instant PH each has a bit of chocolatey goodness in it.

I've only smelled SL's Borneo 1834 once, but damn that thing smells like chocolate even though they insist it's patchouli.

Start with a classic; Boucheron's Jaipur Homme. (edP)
    Last edited by neal; 30th May 2009 at 01:03 AM.

Histoires de Parfums 1725 - Casanova. Very nice masculine gourmand. Another vote for New Haarlem, Rochas Man, and L'Instant PH Extreme EDP
    Evenstar

Thanks guys, I've got some major sampling to do haha, even though I've never seen some of these frags in stores, they must be niche. I'm a smalltimer so I have no gouda for Bond brand frags, hopefully these others are cheaper. What's peoples stance on Givenchy Pi? Worthy of a purchase?

for non niche gourmands I second Rochas Man and LInstant de Guerlain. . Also the house Comptior Sud Pacifique (on most sites) has many low price vanilla gourmands. Givenchy Pi is ok, its more oriental than gourmand. The niche house Ava Luxe has many low priced gourmands ($30-40) such as Cafe Noir (coffee) and Loukhoum (candy almond). Let's see.... Dior Hypnotic Poison (bitter almond) is good and Dior Homme is a semi-gourmand that's one of the best scents around. Body Kouros and Lolita Lempicka are licorice/anise gourmands. I've seen Body Kouros cheap online.

A*Men itself is pretty good, just dont overapply! I've been getting into Angel and its flankers lately, the rose one is very good.

Are there any gourmands by Demeter worth checking out? Those are inexpensive.

The only Demeter I have is dirt, which I really like, oddly enough.
    Last edited by Mossant; 30th May 2009 at 02:34 AM. Reason: spelling

Some of my favorite gourmands:

Caron's Farnesiana - almond and mimosa goodness.
    Ayala Moriel's Immortelle L'Amour - vanilla, immortelle and cinnamon.
    Histoires de Parfums Marquis de Sade - fruit and immortelle

In general, gourmands are a sometime thing for me, but I quite like all of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
    Thanks guys, I've got some major sampling to do haha, even though I've never seen some of these frags in stores, they must be niche.
    Looking at your location, possibly any suggestion is problematic!

For niche, try small samples and decants. They are a great way to try and enjoy fragrances that are otherwise beyond your price range. I live in a small city with no niche outlets and have a student budget, so there's no need to limit yourself.

One gourmand I really like (and is in your price range) is Jacomo Silver (also called Jacomo for Men). The coffee and plum are prominent, but there's no sharp or jarring note in there, which I can't stand.

Guerlain L'Instant, the Extreme version (EDP) especially, is a delightful scent with a chocolate cake element. It's pretty much the only gourmand I like - manly, sophisticated and refined but not stuck up. Girls love it and the longevity is the greatest of all my scents, the only scent I've tried that lasts as long as Tauer's LDDM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mossant View Post
    Are there any gourmands by Demeter worth checking out? Those are inexpensive.

The only Demeter I have is dirt, which I really like, oddly enough.
    I dont have specific suggestions, but on Demeters website you can buy 15ml bottles of any scent for under $10. Good way to try them.

Omnia Madera is nice.

I love the anise/absinthe accord in Douce Amere, the milky green fig in Premier Figuier, and the cocoa in Dior Homme
    Last edited by runstile; 30th May 2009 at 06:54 AM.

Fresh - Cannabis Santal

Takes everything I hate about A*Men and replaces it with fruit and a rose note.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Quote Originally Posted by kess View Post
    New Haarlem by Bond is another great gourmand, also unisex.
    +1, the only one I enjoy.

Ultrared Man by Paco Rabanne is pure gourmand. Super sweet orange and praline with a vanilla and patchouli base. Smells good enough to eat. It's growing on me.

Spirituese Double Vanille. It changed the way I view vanilla.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

I love, nearly worship Gucci Envy, if this can be considered a gourmand.

Gourmands and foody scents undoubtedly have a place in my heart. (and stomache) Here's my little two (s)cents:

Chocolate and Vanilla:

The CSP range has lots of vanilla and a chocolate scent that can be found for prices between $25 to $30. Good value IMO. You should really check it out. Unlike vanilla, cocoa absolute isn't very expensive, so CSP's Amour de Cacao would be much better value than say, Guerlain's Gourmand Coquin, Montale's Chocolate Greedy, or PG's Musc Maori. (Yes, you should sample them too!) Use the money saved for the boozy vanilla pod-esque Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille or the pipe-like sexy Tobacco Vanille. (depending on your preference)

Designer Gourmands:

One GREAT designer frag that many look over or don't care to try is Dior's Hypnotic Poison, which doesn't have much to do with Poison at all apart from the name and bottle. Yes, it's marketed for women, but the blend of almond, vanilla, and woods is really delicious and definitely unisex. Please do try it next time you drop by at the department store. It's made by Annick Menardo, who brought us the very lovely LL au Masculin, Bois d'Argent, Bois d'Armenie, and the cult-favorite Bvlgari Black.

The "usual suspects" I recommend over A*Men, where the patchouli and chocolate gets tedious after a while: Lolita Lempicka au Masculin (anise, licorice) Rochas Man (mocha-lavender-vanilla) Yohji Homme (rich and sumptuos roasted coffee, liqourice, rum over cinnamon and leather)

Aoud Gourmands:

When thinking of aouds with a gourmand twist, only three comes to mind: Montale's Red Aoud and Micallef's Vanille Aoud / Aoud Gourmet. Red Aoud is undoubtedly one of my favorite scents from the Montale line. The blend of red papper, saffron, and oris together with aoud creates a chocolatey effect that is rich and satisfying -- ironically much more so than Montale's own Chocolate Greedy. HIGHLY recommended for sampling. It's different and unlike anything out there. I love it! On the other hand, Vanille Aoud is also worth sampling although it's on the sweet side with only a minimal amount of oud. It can be thought of as Serge Luten's Un Bois Vanille with more oomph, prunes, and more "bois."

Loukhoums:

AKA Turkish delight! It's a middle eastern confection made up of sugar and starch. Lots of niche scents try to recreate this. Try: Montale's Sweet Oriental Dream, Keiko Mecheri's Loukhoum, and Serge Luten's Rahat Loukhoum. Of the three, Montale's SOD is hands down the best as it loses the 'powderiness' and 'florals-sticking-out' which is usually common for this subgenre.

Happy sampling!
    Last edited by moltening; 30th May 2009 at 06:26 PM.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I probably should've mentioned I don't really care for a coffee scent, I prefer more of a vanilla and or chocolate type smell with other things in it.

Im curious ...... anyone tried Aoud Gourmand from M Micallef ? If you will excuse the expression it sounds right up my alley

Sugar, marzipan, honey, spice, patchouli, cedar, cypriol, amber, sandalwood, cashmeran, musks

Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé: sweet amber, cinnamon, vanilla, a touch of wood... Very warm, cosy and comforting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Im curious ...... anyone tried Aoud Gourmand from M Micallef ? If you will excuse the expression it sounds right up my alley

Sugar, marzipan, honey, spice, patchouli, cedar, cypriol, amber, sandalwood, cashmeran, musks
    YES! Its actually 'aoud gourmet' (not gourmand), but regardless its my new obsession. It starts off with the fairly stronh oud note in many of the Micallefs but is underpinned with an almond/vanilla gourmand. As the oud fades the gourmand emerges, but the balance of the accords is where its at. Great structure, but you must like both oud and gourmands or you'll hate this. Theres a lot of sillage. I bought an 8ml decant but when thats gone I'll spring for a botle.

Basenotes Institution

I wear gourmands sparingly - here in S. Florida the warm weather makes it possible to only wear gourmands for a few months out of the year. Usually at the first sign of cool weather, I reach for:

Borneo 1834 by Serge Lutens
    L'Instant Pour Homme Extreme by Guerlain
    Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford
    Elixir des Merveilles by Hermes
    Hermessence Ambre Narguile by Hermes
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 30th May 2009 at 03:24 PM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Gourmands are a difficult category for me to warm up to because I don't like big sweet gourmands. But, spicy smokey gourmands are great. These are few that I think are most excellent. Some of these have already been mentioned but I will second.

Yohji Homme - licorice, coffee, rum etc. always a very warm and comforting fragrance. Did Turin give this one five stars? I think he liked it for its innovative use of ingredients.

Bell'Antoniono by Hilde Soliani is mostly warm pipe tobacco mixed with coffee. A very masculine coffee shop gourmand.

Eau des Iles by MPG (also Eau du Navigateur from LAP) is a smokey wood/leather but also has nice coffee notes.

Borneo 1834 is all dark chocolate and patchouli. Gourmand combos are great with patchouli because they bridge the bitterness of patchouli so nicely and it works well in this one.

Straight to Heaven by Killian is a sweet honey rum note to offset a dry patchouli at the end. Has a liquid gourmand flavor to it.

Ambre Narguille is another amber tobacco scent that also smells like a good quality Christmas fruit/nut cake. My favorite blended amber fragrance too.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 30th May 2009 at 06:14 PM.

A*Men is my absolute gourmand favourite!

Blog Entries

I'm surprised Moltening didn't mention Aomassai (avatar) is a mellow gourmand which is not at all cloying. One of the best.

I also have Il Profumo Chocolate Amere and Frapin 1270 for sweet, more traditional gourmands.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    I'm surprised Moltening didn't mention Aomassai (avatar) is a mellow gourmand which is not at all cloying. One of the best.

I also have Il Profumo Chocolate Amere and Frapin 1270 for sweet, more traditional gourmands.
    Oh, I agree with kumquat on the Aomassai and the Frapin 1270. Two of my favorites! I haven't tried the Profumo.

Borneo 1834 also intrigued me. I don't usually like chocolate in fragrances, but I liked it in that one!

Another that needs to go on this list, IMO, is L'Artisan Safran Troublant.

Ooh, gourmands! Some of my very favorites are gourmands, so I had to come post over here! I was actually thinking about Hypnotic Poison today, excited for October to roll around so I can wear it again. I lurve HP. It was my favorite for years before this lil hobby showed up, and now it shares the stage with a couple (few?) more.

Lolita Lempicka original is also reallyreally tasty, heady, green, and licorice-y, and I've seen some guys on here giving it more love than Au Masculin.

Count me in as an Ambre Narguile and Borneo 1834 fan, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post

Haha.. It must have slipped off my mind despite being my avatar! Yes, I really enjoy Aomassai for its roasted nuts and caramel goodness that dries down to an uncloying vanilla.

I'd also second Il Profumo's Chocolate Amere.

Quote Originally Posted by moltening View Post
    Gourmands and foody scents undoubtedly have a place in my heart. (and stomache) Here's my little two (s)cents:

Chocolate and Vanilla:

The CSP range has lots of vanilla and a chocolate scent that can be found for prices between $25 to $30. Good value IMO. You should really check it out. Unlike vanilla, cocoa absolute isn't very expensive, so CSP's Amour de Cacao would be much better value than say, Guerlain's Gourmand Coquin, Montale's Chocolate Greedy, or PG's Musc Maori. (Yes, you should sample them too!) Use the money saved for the boozy vanilla pod-esque Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille or the pipe-like sexy Tobacco Vanille. (depending on your preference)

Designer Gourmands:

One GREAT designer frag that many look over or don't care to try is Dior's Hypnotic Poison, which doesn't have much to do with Poison at all apart from the name and bottle. Yes, it's marketed for women, but the blend of almond, vanilla, and woods is really delicious and definitely unisex. Please do try it next time you drop by at the department store. It's made by Annick Menardo, who brought us the very lovely LL au Masculin, Bois d'Argent, Bois d'Armenie, and the cult-favorite Bvlgari Black.

The "usual suspects" I recommend over A*Men, where the patchouli and chocolate gets tedious after a while: Lolita Lempicka au Masculin (anise, licorice) Rochas Man (mocha-lavender-vanilla) Yohji Homme (rich and sumptuos roasted coffee, liqourice, rum over cinnamon and leather)

Aoud Gourmands:

When thinking of aouds with a gourmand twist, only three comes to mind: Montale's Red Aoud and Micallef's Vanille Aoud / Aoud Gourmet. Red Aoud is undoubtedly one of my favorite scents from the Montale line. The blend of red papper, saffron, and oris together with aoud creates a chocolatey effect that is rich and satisfying -- ironically much more so than Montale's own Chocolate Greedy. HIGHLY recommended for sampling. It's different and unlike anything out there. I love it! On the other hand, Vanille Aoud is also worth sampling although it's on the sweet side with only a minimal amount of oud. It can be thought of as Serge Luten's Un Bois Vanille with more oomph, prunes, and more "bois."

Loukhoums:

AKA Turkish delight! It's a middle eastern confection made up of sugar and starch. Lots of niche scents try to recreate this. Try: Montale's Sweet Oriental Dream, Keiko Mecheri's Loukhoum, and Serge Luten's Rahat Loukhoum. Of the three, Montale's SOD is hands down the best as it loses the 'powderiness' and 'florals-sticking-out' which is usually common for this subgenre.

Happy sampling!
    A very good summary!

Another recommendation would be Profumum's Vanitas. There are other gourmands from this house but this is the only one I found to be worth the money (but that's subjective).

This thread is very helpful. Gourmands are by far my least favorite genre, I have been eternally scared off of trying many a gourmand scent because of horrible experiences with A*men and Pi. My experiences with gourmands often can be described as sticky and cloying, and sticky is one of my major no nos. Because of this trepidation I have been tepid to touch the Parfumerie Generale line despite the loads of love heaped on it around these parts. This thread has sort of woken me up to a world of fragrance that I have turned my back upon years ago. I'm going to close my eyes and jump in, thanks for this thread guys!

And sorry for hijacking your thread Big Pun! Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 30th May 2009 at 08:06 PM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I agree with mtgprox05, this thread is very helpful.

Vanilla and Tonka Bean play an important role in the structure of many fragrances, including a large number of classics.

Perhaps I am alone in thinking this way, but they have been around for such a long time that I have never considered classifying vanilla-prominent scents as gourmands.

[For clarity, I do not think vanilla-prominent scents belong in the gourmand category.]
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 31st May 2009 at 02:34 AM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

surprised no one mentioned Animale Animale for Men

to me it's better than A men

Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    surprised no one mentioned Animale Animale for Men

to me it's better than A men
    How is the longevity of this fragrance ? Is it a projection bomb like A*Men ? I am interested in it. What do you smell ? Can anyone expand on this one. Thanks

Dependent

edited
    Last edited by MFJ; 10th June 2009 at 05:12 PM.

Carlos Santana is a pretty good one that no one has mentioned...

i second Fresh's Cannabis Santal, and i will admit that my guilty pleasure is Aquolina's Blue Sugar... i don't want to like it, but I can't help it!!

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    This thread has sort of woken me up to a world of fragrance that I have turned my back upon years ago. I'm going to close my eyes and jump in, thanks for this thread guys!

And sorry for hijacking your thread Big Pun! Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
    Glad to respark your interest, mtgprox05. Does the cannibis santal smell kinda like... ya know... cannabis?

Quote Originally Posted by moltening View Post
    Loukhoums:

I'd add Ava Luxe Loukhoum to the list, although it adds certain creaminess/milkiness to the theme.

I agree, Montale Sweet Oriental Dream is the king of Loukhoums -- sillage and projection are incredible. Definitely worth a sample.
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

Quote Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
    Glad to respark your interest, mtgprox05. Does the cannibis santal smell kinda like... ya know... cannabis?
    The cannabis note in Cannabis Santal is really green; it's nice. I was in sephora last year and heard a girl say "that's not what cannabis smells like!!" . That in itself isn't funny, what was funny was how her mother gave her the riot act for smoking pot, right there in the store! So yeah... it's not the smokey cannabis, instead it's the green/musky scent of a living cannabis plant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewal View Post
    The cannabis note in Cannabis Santal is really green; it's nice. I was in sephora last year and heard a girl say "that's not what cannabis smells like!!" . That in itself isn't funny, what was funny was how her mother gave her the riot act for smoking pot, right there in the store! So yeah... it's not the smokey cannabis, instead it's the green/musky scent of a living cannabis plant.

Funny!

I think I have a sample -- need to try it asap.

Ayala posted this great definition of gourmand scents in the old Gourmand fragrances anyone? thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Ayala View Post
    Goddess Dream,
    That's a very good question!

Moondeva,
    I like your explanation and examples (Ananas Fizz is not foody while CSP Vanille Pineapple is).

The way I see it, there is a difference between gourmand notes and gourmand perfumes: there are perfumes that may include a chocolate note, but won't have the overall gourmand feel to them. Just like there are some perfumes that include oakmoss but that are not chypre (i.e.: Obsession has oakmoss, but it's an oriental, not a chypre at all). Citrus is another example - it appears in too many perfumes to even start counting, yet not all perfumes that have citrus notes are citrusy.

I consider gourmand notes to be edible notes - but not fruit notes.
    Notes such as cocoa, vanilla, tea, caramel, nuts, coconuts, etc. are gourmand.

Fruit notes I consider "fruity". And spice notes are "spicy", not gourmand, even though they are used in food (so anise woulnd't be on my gourmand notes list; however, if the perfume has anise and smells predominantly of licorice candy, than I would categorize it as a groumand perfume).

I would define a gourmand perfume as a perfume that is intentionally designed to conjure association of food. For instance:

Angel
    Lolita Lempika
    Amour de Cacao (and most if not all of the CSP Vanille line)
    SL Loukum
    Ormonde Jayne's Champaca
    Yohji (After the initial greens wear off this is pure caramel and berries)
    Eau de Charlotte

On the other hand, perfumes that have a strong presence of gourmand notes but that I would not consider gorumand are:
    Obsession (has lots of vanilla)
    Popi Moreni (has a coffee note but it's most definitley a floral)
    Borneo 1834 (despite the chocolate note this does not smell gourmand to me)
    New Haarlem (there is a coffee note, but this is a refreshing cologne, not a gourmand scent)

Another thing to remember is that originally, gourmands were a sub category of the oriental family. There aren't really "floral gourmands" for instance; but there seems to be a trend towards more and more strange gourmand referneces in niche perfumes (i.e. the peppers in Piment Broulant and the flour in Bois Farine, or the sesame note in Ambre Narguile).
    There are many good comments in that thread but I was taken by Ayala's concept of gourmand notes versus gourmand fragrances, i.e. that a gourmand perfume is "a perfume that is intentionally designed to conjure association of food" not just any fragrance that happens to have detectable gourmand notes in its structure.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 31st May 2009 at 11:46 AM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I agree with mtgprox05, this thread is very helpful.

Vanilla and Tonka Bean play an important role in the structure of many fragrances, including a large number of classics.

Perhaps I am alone in thinking this way, but they have been around for such a long time that I have never considered classifying vanilla-prominent scents as gourmands.

[For clarity, I do not think vanilla-prominent scents belong in the gourmand category.]
    Tonka Bean! the forgotten gourmand note!
    The main gourmand notes (coffee, vanilla chocolate) are warm, sexy and snuggable. And yet, tonka bean is the gourmand note that has presence and elegance. Two Roads is right to indicate that it has been there on many fragrances before, but I also think it is being used in much more different ways nowadays. The way Tonka Bean is used in Heritage, Caron PH or Bogart PH is not the same as the way it is used in Harlem, Envy, Antidote, Musc Ravageur, Varvatos Vintage, The Allures, Versace PH.

The note itself is very linear, and yet, it is much more versatile than the other Gourmand notes. Needless to say, it is my favorite for its suave confidence and gallantry.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

Although we're getting technical, I'd agree wit TwoRoads that containing gourmand notes does nnot mean a scent is gourmand. For example I dont think of Borneo 1834 as a gourmand, even with the cocoa notes, but Un Bois de Vanille is gourmand because the entire scent conjures food. I tend to think of most vanillics like Pi as orientals, but really it's just discussion and not relevant to enjoying the scents.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Carlos Santana is a pretty good one that no one has mentioned...
    ive nvr came across this and was quite surprised to see all the pos feedback on it. as someone who tends to stereotype , i didnt think a celeb scent would be that well recieved, thanks for bringing that up, im sure to sample it at a mall if i can find it

Dependent

edited
    Last edited by MFJ; 10th June 2009 at 05:11 PM.

I wish Casual Friday by Escada was better known and surely not discontinued.Altough I rarely pay more than 50 USD for a single bottle,I could also state that it deserves the very high price asked for the few bottles floating online.
    Cappuccino and vanilla,with insane lasting power...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

I'll echo others recommendations for Guerlain's L'instant pour homme on this one. I actually cannot wear gourmands because I find them too foody, but L'instant pour homme is perfectly sensual and gourmand without feeling like I rubbed myself with chocolate. It has a beautiful evolution from first spray to drydown, starting with lemonade, then turning into crisp cocoa powder and jasmine tempered by herbal anise and then drying down to guerlinade. Incredibly enjoyable, and currently my favorite gourmand by far.
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 31st May 2009 at 05:39 PM.

Dependent

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme is in my rotations. i find it brings the best of all worlds toether and blended well.

Thanks for the input everyone. I kopped the A*Men, didn't want any imitators. Some others i tried:

Lolita Lempicka, it was pure licorice, I didn't like it.
    Rochas Man, not sure why it's recommended here as an alt. to A*Men, it just sickly sweet powdery dough.
    Joop Homme, not mentioned here and seems to be hated for some reason, smelled like Rochas but better.
    Le Male, seemed kinda like the above in sweetness, too expensive thopugh.
    Last edited by Big Punisher; 4th June 2009 at 11:40 PM.

The first scent to come to my mind when someone says "gourmand" is L'Artisan's Mechant Loup - hazelnuts and honey.
    - E.J.