Code of Conduct

Default Mugler Cologne was reformulated?

Well, it was, according to this article on Alberto Morillas..
    http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...llas_scen.html

taken from his list of creations in the article:
    Thierry Mugler Cologne (2001),
    Thierry Mugler Cologne (2006 reformulation)

Did anyone notice a difference in the more recent bottles? I'm not familiar enough with it to say I've noticed a difference, and besides, I've probably always smelled the newer formulation as I am quite sure I first tested it after 2006. Either way the stuff is amazing, but this was the first I've heard of this, and I couldn't find anything here with a search.

Btw, other sites have listed Jacques Cavallier as the creator of Acqua Di Gio PH, while Fragrantica, The Scented Salamander and others list Alberto Morillas. Does anyone know who actually created it?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Default Re: Mugler Cologne was reformulated?

How bizarre SOS, I was not aware that MC was reformulated. I did noticed that I smelled something different my second sampling of it last year than the first time ( 7 years ago ?). But I assumed that it was just the experience I had accumulated that changed my perceptions. Maybe it is just a slight reformulation, hope someone can shed some light on this.

As far as the perfumers for AdG, was it not both of them along with Menardo and Buzantian all working as a team ?

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    . . . . Btw, other sites have listed Jacques Cavallier as the creator of Acqua Di Gio PH, while Fragrantica, The Scented Salamander and others list Alberto Morillas. Does anyone know who actually created it?
    Typically, most websites can't or won't discriminate between the men's version and the women's version, or, even worse, confuse one for the other as they seem to have done in ascribing the perfumer of the women's fragrance as the perfumer of the men's or vice versa. However, there should be no doubt. Check out this interview in which Cavallier himself confirms that he is, indeed, the creator of Acqua di Giņ Pour Homme (1996):

Cavallier interview

I believe it was the women's Acqua di
    Giņ (1995) that was created as a collaboration between Alberto Morillas, Annick Menardo, and Annie Buzantian.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 30th May 2009 at 05:45 AM.

I've never noticed any difference between the Cologne that was originally released and the bottles on the shelf now? I know there are always slight variations to keep up with the latest regulations, but if there was a change, it must have been very subtle.

Was it more lemony in the past? I kind of remember my original sample being more lemony than the latest sample I have. Of course, it was like early 2007 that I last sampled it.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

This information rings true to me actually. I worked for Mugler when Cologne was launched in Australia and wore it solidly for months on end.
    Then when my wife and I moved to Denmark, we repurchased it, and neither of us felt we got the same from it as we had previously. We put it down to a huge change in climate. Perhaps it was a reformulation that had shifted our perspectives on it a little. We do still wear it, but I tend to remember it being with a little more pizzazz. Its kind of like the Gucci Envy reformulation... 98% there, but that 2% just leaves me wanting...