Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Sunday 31 May

Shalimar
    extrait

The Kashmiri Song...."Pale hands I loved beside the Shalimar....."
    A fragrance made for dreams, timeless beauty.

Wordie, great to have a caring mother around you.
    Jasper, enjoy your trip back home!

Have a wonderful Sunday all

Last edited by Riannon; 31st May 2009 at 06:37 AM.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Default Re: SotD Sunday 31 May

Good morning Riannon! How good you must smell today.

I'm unscented today because I proparbly will be in the sun.
    Last edited by Novis2007; 31st May 2009 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Bad spelling.

This is such a good-looking thread already! I love the photos and the Shalimar looks stunning. Have a good day in the sun, Novis!

I have started out sampling Delrae Eau Illuminee but sadly abandonned it when the opening notes became more than my pre-tea head could take. Next to try is PdR Diabolo Rose. It's going to be a gorgeous day today, but lots of housework to get through before I can enjoy it! Have a lovely Sunday, all.
    Last edited by Hebe; 31st May 2009 at 07:40 AM.

Good morning, ladies! Have you noticed Ms Q's new "Pooped Out" avatar with a cocktail on the tummy? Sounds like she is a very deserving candidate after all the work she and hubby did in the garden. Also, RHM, please post some of the pictures of your roses if you would please? (We need to open up a new and ongoing thread in the OT, perhaps, something like "Green Thumb Corner" -- to brag about our achievements as far as flowers, herbs, fruit, veggies and whatever else we might grow, with either plain texts or photos, how's this for an idea?)

Going to work in a couple of hours. Most probably in 10 Corso Como. Have a nice and sunny Sunday, the last day of calendar spring!

citron citron - miller harris
    Wishlist is pointless.

Ava Luxe No 23 - I want to see how this works in warmer weather.

Have a great day
    xxx
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Amorito this morning, this evening I gave into curiosity inspired by the trailer park hooker thread. Bandit + Bvlgari Black + Jillsy's skin = warm leather + rubber + smooth skin kinda musk + tiny bit of vanilla. Interesting, the Black softens the harsh Bandit. Methinks me likey!

Purity and refreshment: Caldey Island Lavender Water
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Dolce & Gabbana Feminine, from a huge decant sent to me ages ago by Musse, my fairy scent-godmother. It's a floral/white musk that I can actually wear.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Basenotes Plus

Chanel Coromandel

Have a lovely Sunday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Mandarine Basilic for groceries shopping early in the morning
    Tuberose Gardenia for high tea

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Cool Water this AM.

Symbolically girding my loins for the long awaited and somewhat daunting late Spring Cleaning.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, layered with a bit of vanilla body oil to mellow the first few hours out of respect to my overactive allergies.

Dmitri...I can't wait until my sample of Amethyst arrives! I have a feel it's really going to get along well with the hot, hot weather we're having here.
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

Big conference week for me this week. Both near home.
    I'm the "official conference blogger" at one of them.

If you all are curious about what I am up to - here is the link to my "professional" blog.

Oh - and I'm starting a CrossFit class too! Combination of bar gymnastics, olympic weightlifting, bootcamp and torture. Had to do SOMETHING to get motivated to work out again.

Aieeeeeeee!!!!!

It all starts today. So I may be quiet on the boards this week.

Wordbird - Glad the surgery went well. Remember to take it easy!

Satellite Padapra.....whatever... still a beautiful woody scent.

Have a great week y'all!
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Finally getting a chance to post! It's been crazy at our house....lots of company for Daughter No.1's High School Graduation last weekend and company that stayed on to visit longer!

Wearing Private Collection Tuberose and Gardenia from a sample today.

:wave:sakecat22! Hooray for crossfit! I started with a class like this in January of 2008, and now I'm dedicated to good health and fitness! My first class, the instructor said 'okay team, let's start out with 150 squats'. I started laughing, thinking it was a joke... it was no joke! My body felt paralyzed with siezed up muscles for the first 2 weeks, but after that it's just the good sore - when you've worked your body well. So, no matter what happens, try to give it at least a month, you won't regret it! My dad always says "It's better to wear away than rust away"! True.

kbe - you'll be glad when it's done!

At noon is my sons U10 soccer tournament game, I'll be wearing a bit of sunscreen & some Myrrhe-Made Blossom (my own creation!) Happy day everyone!

O de Lancome.

This weather just demands it!
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Oh, I just can't decide. MKK or Vamp? I think I will go with MKK...

Hey, wild things...

I'm in between BATHS, LOL.
    Wearing Givenchy III- a glorious green, but only EDT.
    [I would love the extrait, I'm sure...if I could find it.]

Kisses to all-
    Wordie, Brielle, all you angels out there.

[OK now...TURN OVER !]

Hebe, I tried Diabolo rose yesterday. Loved it. Very light and pretty. The mint is used effectively. Very nice. FBW I think. I was also surprised to enjoy Praline Rose so much as I'm rebelling against the trend that all perfume must smell like candy. I couldn't help it though, I liked it.

I think I'm wearing Lush Karma today, but I may change my mind by the time the spraying starts.

Or Oh!!!! Chanel 19. That sounds cool and wonderful.
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Oh yes debbborra, I am still considering buying Diabolo Rose. Of all the Rosines that one was my favorite. I find it whimsical.

Today I'm wearing Coty Muguet des Bois parfum. The remnants of a small, older bottle.

LezNez Manoumalia, which doesnt really match what is a sunny, fresh, windy early summer day here in Montreal, but which I am enjoying all the same.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Good morning!

I'm in KAI OIL this morning. I seem to be reaching for this one a lot in this warm weather.

Glad to hear your on the mend WORDBIRD.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

I was just coming on to update! I tried Diabolo Rose on one wrist and Angeliques sous la Pluie on the other. I could't get on with the Angeliques, but I loved the Diabolo Rose. So fresh and pretty and such a gorgeous rose. I adored it. It's going back on as soon as the sunblock comes off.

Piguet Musk Blanc Femme

I am Riannon's scent twin in pure,raw Shalimar . . . uncut and uncensored! ;-) Working this afternoon, then off to interview a lounge/bohemian/jazz/alt concept band afterward.
    Ethereal Delights: Alien, Black Orchid, Magical Moon, Noa, Anisia Bella, Hypnotic Poison
    Sporty Fruity Florals/Sweet Playful Goodness: Creed Spring Flower, Be Delicious, Nina

A little bit late, but happy Sunday to all of you. :wave:

I'm in L'Artisan Parfumeur Mure et Musc for the last day of a discovery week of this house.
    Quite far from what I normally enjoy, but a pleasant, uncomplicated fragrance by all means. And it has a little bit more staying power than most L'Artisans.
    Last edited by Lady_in_Black; 31st May 2009 at 05:21 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    Piguet Musk Blanc Femme
    Now, this sounds VERY alluring! Is it new, Z?
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Hello everybody Today the weather is awful! Rainy and very windy!! It was hard to get up getting ready for work.Really grateful that my dad gave me a lift! Then I could sleep another hour or so Sotd was Habit Rouge.SotE is Musc Ravageur.

Basenotes Institution

Happy Sunday everyone.Wordrbird - I hope you will be right as rain in no time !

It's Bluebell by Penhaligon's for me - I love this so much . It's the one scent that is an olfactory memory of the bluebell woods in Dorset ,for me when I spent time there in Spring about 5 years ago and of course London .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 31st May 2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: usual spelling dilemmas
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Prada
    Last edited by Agent Provocateur; 31st May 2009 at 10:18 PM.
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

I've spent a rare day in Chanel:

Allure

It is horrible and hurts my nose. It's coming off any minute now.

The little black dress of perfume

[COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

Blog Entries

Hooray for fitness! I joined the local gym when my physical therapy visits ran out. I'm hooked and I love working out again!

I'm off to the Andy Warhol exhibit at the SJ museum with DH (as soon as he seriously get moving. I should go make coffee for him). Wearing Gucci Envy on this beautiful day!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

AL China Pearl for an afternoon of watching the closing performance of the play I directed (The Clean House -- if it is in production anywhere you are, see it, because it is a wonderful play) and striking the set afterward. Have a lovely Sunday everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by an_oud_girl View Post
    Hooray for fitness! I joined the local gym when my physical therapy visits ran out. I'm hooked and I love working out again!

I'm off to the Andy Warhol exhibit at the SJ museum with DH (as soon as he seriously get moving. I should go make coffee for him). Wearing Gucci Envy on this beautiful day!
    Good for you Oudie! We need to start a gym-rats club or something! Hope the exhibit is everything you're wishing it to be

Gloomy day, feeling good.

Green Irish Tweed
    Last edited by supracuhz; 31st May 2009 at 08:38 PM.
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

Blog Entries

Hi all!

I started the day in my first test of the infamous Aoud Lime by Montale.

I've enjoyed Black Aoud with its oud/rose combo. The oud keeps the rose from getting too feminine while the rose keeps the oud from getting too gross.

There's no such balance in Aoud Lime. There's a pinch of rose, but I can't find any lime. If it's there, all it's doing is making the oud more sour. So it's pretty much just a sour, medicinal, dark, gooey blob of weirdness...

And I'm going to a couple of parties this afternoon, so I scrubbed it.

But it didn't come off, so I threw some Le Labo Rose 31 over the remnants.

It's odd, but it'll have to do...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

No scent for a day spent enjoying the sun but I did try Flowerbomb again this evening to see how it would wear in summer. I have to accept that it's just not 'me'.

Got company.

Miss all you divine BNers.

Walked through HOT HOT HOT public gardens in

Sensibly came home and collapsed to watch stoopid telly all night!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Felt glamorous all day in Chanel Eau Premier
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Infusion d' Iris ..around half a mil. i decided to give it a proper wearing to see if I wanted to purchase it, and the answer is no. SO liked it on me, but I wasn't that keen.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

In Cabotine de Gres. Beautiful floral chypre!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

a.m. LesNez L'Antimatiere
    p.m. Vol de Nuit parfum

Jean Patou
    PATOU POUR HOMME PRIVÉ

Quote Originally Posted by sakecat22 View Post
    Oh - and I'm starting a CrossFit class too! Combination of bar gymnastics, olympic weightlifting, bootcamp and torture. Had to do SOMETHING to get motivated to work out again.
    Quote Originally Posted by an_oud_girl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Good for you Oudie! We need to start a gym-rats club or something!
    Count me in! :wave: DH and I have been doing this home workout program called P90X, and a couple weekends ago I bought myself a miniskirt to help keep me motivated. I've never been in bad shape, but my legs have never been my favorite part. This morning I did the legs&back routine, donned that lil skirt, and went out Sundaying around with DH. I've never worn a mini before, much less in public! So I am pretty stoked. DH was appropriately appreciative and complimentary.

I wore it all with Tabac Blond.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, everyone!

I tested today, from two samples I got while at scentbar last week.

Nasomatto Absinthe--this is not blowing me away as much as it did when I sprayed it from the tester last week. However, it is a really compelling green and leather scent. I quite like it, just not sure it can compare to other green leathers I have tried. Still, I find it to be very wearable and not too over-the-top, despite some reviews which state the opposite.

Sinfonia di Note Saveur d'Artichaut--if I did not know this was a Sinfonia scent, I would swear it is a l'Artisan. It is solidly made--anise, basil and some light citrus on top of wormwood and and soapy-sweet musk. It doesn't last long, and the drydown is rather boring. That also sums up most l'Artisan scents I have tried.

Hi all! Gorgeous day here. SotD is CdG Kyoto. All the talk on the CdG Incense thread has me interested in trying some Japanese incense for home fragrance. I'm just not sure, though...

Also, I changed my e-mail address with Basenotes, and I seem to have temporarily lost my Supporter status. I sent for help. Funny how a little thing like that can affect your day.

Tonight's entertainment will be Lexington Avenue by Bond No 9 to bad I don't have anywhere to wear it to
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

Riannon, that bottle is so gorgeous! Made me realize I don't have any fragrances in black glass bottles. Might have to rectify that.

Nice ICE blog, Sakecat!

SotD: Lovely Liquid Satin before a massage. Yum to both!

Have a great rest of the weekend.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Rain, wind, sun. An interesting day. Finishing it in Michael for Men. Smells like I imagine an old time Virginia wooden sided tobacco aging barn would smell like just before the fragrent leaves were sold.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I decided to try some aged patchouli essential oil that I have in my collection. Oh. My. God. So complex--peppery, smoky, rooty, dirty. It smells so incredibly vegetal and earthy--no wonder it is such a favorite. In comparison, the Reminiscence Patchouli Elixir I am wearing on my other hand is so...civilized. It also shows how something like PE, which is supposed to be a "hippie" scent, is actually more of a patch-amber fragrance.

Hope everyone had a great day.

I wore Charles Jourdan today

Hope the week will be a happy one for all.

Love and hugs to everyone
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Mugler Cologne.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Spending the rest of the evening in D'Orsay Tilleul as inspired by another thread.

Rather late in the day (and running into tomorrow) is La Maison de la Vanille Sauvage de Madagascar. How fantastic this smells! I have had this for years and have worn it probably twice. Tonight, I forgot what I had put on, and I kept getting wafts of wooded and spiced vanilla that were just delightful. Had to remember what it was.

I bought three from this line in the Sephora clearance (this, Noire de Mexique, and Givree des Antilles). I remember strongly dismissing the Givree when it sold out as Jessica Simpson's favorite. Now, however, and in light of the cheapening of CSP, the Maison scents hold up very well.

Wall Street by Bond No.9
    Gary

SotD was YSL ~ Baby Doll Paris.
    Last edited by ChantillyLace; 1st June 2009 at 03:11 AM.

Bonsoir,

My SotE is vintage Aviance extrait by Prince Matchabelli. Who says you can not smell fabulous for around $4.00 in a consignment shop.

Goodnight all
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source