Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which Tea Scent to Choose?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tea for Two

24 77.42%
  • Scent Intense

6 19.35%
  • L'eau Rare Matale

1 3.23%

Smile Tea Scent - Help Me Choose

On an earlier post, I asked your thoughts on some good tea scents from which to choose. The closest tea scent that I have currently in my wardrobe is Bulgari Pour Homme - which I love.

There were some great suggestions - many of which I have since sampled. I think I have narrowed it down to three: L'Artisan Tea for Two, Costume National Scent Intense and Parfumerie Generale L'eau Rare Matale.

I really like all three, but for now am committed to buying one (trying to maintain some sort of discipline).
    T42 seems to be a bit heavier, maybe even a bit smoky (I also own three other L'Artisans). Scent Intense is smoothe, and somehow reminds me of the booziness of Idole (which I own). Sampling the PG today, and it too is really growing on me.

Economics not really a factor - I think the PG is most expensive, followed by L'Artisan and Costume Nationale.

So which one of these three would you vote for and why?

Thanks.

Default Re: Tea Scent - Help Me Choose

Of the three, I'd recommend Tea for Two -- but you really HAVE to be okay with smokiness to enjoy it. It's really smoky. Think a warm glass of Lapsang Souchong tea with honey! (or for those with less imagination -- balms, birch tar, some spices, and phenol notes)

L'eau Rare Matale is an earthy EDT with a touch of vetiver but the big problem with the scent is its longevity. *poof* and it's gone. Hyperessence Matale, which is an EDP, aimed to fix this -- but didn't really succeed. PG's 'other' tea scent is Harmatan Noir, which IMO, is much more interesting. Note that it is different with a unique aromatic airy quality. (it may be a turn-off, so try it first) PG is similarly priced to L'artisan actually. You can get 100ml bottles for about $140 at The Perfume Shoppe.

The tea scent that everyone SHOULD try is Stephanie de Saint-Aignan's Un the Au Sahara. (http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=41909) It is quite easy to see that I am a fan of PG, but I'd choose this over any of the three PG tea scents any day!
    Last edited by moltening; 31st May 2009 at 08:21 PM.

You left out Hyperessence Matale. Unlike moltening, I find that Hyperessence Matale lasts about 4-5 hours and worth the few extra bucks over L'eau Rare Matale.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    You left out Hyperessence Matale. Unlike moltening, I find that Hyperessence Matale lasts about 4-5 hours and worth the few extra bucks over L'eau Rare Matale.
    Really wish my skin was less dry. -- But yes, I agree that Hyperessence Matale is better value. It lasts longer than L'eau Rare even though the vetiver was replaced with citrus.
    Last edited by moltening; 31st May 2009 at 08:32 PM.

I'll mention PG's Harmatan Noir. Ever so slightly mentholated tea with honeyed touches -- and Incredibly refreshing, I've dabbed a little of it on my arm as we speak.

Edit: I see that Moltening's already mentioned it
    Last edited by Amit; 31st May 2009 at 08:35 PM.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I voted Tea for Two, the smokey nature does it for me. I also receive a few compliments and I think you can wear this summer and winter ( because of the smoke factor). It's just different compared to other tea scents I tried.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Sur la Plage

Tea for Two
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Bulgari PH used to be my 'common daily wear' scent. The 100ml bottle is now empty. I replaced it with a bottle of L'Occitane Thé Vert au Jasmin for the same purpose.

You may love Bulgari PH, but T42 is a whole other scent. The Thé Vert series of L'Occitant at least have the same subdued, but aromatic vibe.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

I voted for Tea for Two but the Costume National is awfully good too.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Hey all - thanks for your responses!

Moltening, I really, really didn't want any more recommendations. My sample order has just been placed with Luckyscent - thank you. (you should get a commission : )

Stereotomy, if I am not mistaken, there is another one expected out tomorrow in the L'Occitane line called Bergamote The - I think. I'll check these out.

Ya know, after having "spent the day" with L'eau Rare Matale - here is what I come up with. It seems to have the predominent tea accord like Tea for Two - but combined with L'Artisan's Navegar - which is kinda peppery. It's an interesting combo that I like. And until I sniff the new samples, I would say it may be a frontrunner.

Thanks again, and keep any thoughts, opinions, etc. coming.

There's so much going on with Scent Intense that I've never thought of it as a strictly "tea scent."

I voted Tea for Two, but I think you might also like to try Five o'Clock au Gingembre from Serge Lutens. Both are really fabulous tea scents.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

jrd4t -

Thanks. You are not the first to recommend SL's Five O'clock along the lines of a tea scent. I am almost afraid to say this around here, but I just don't like anything by SL - and I've tried them all, and have owned Daim Blond and Chene.

However, have not tried Five O'Clock - so that I will do. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by funraiser18 View Post
    jrd4t -

Thanks. You are not the first to recommend SL's Five O'clock along the lines of a tea scent. I am almost afraid to say this around here, but I just don't like anything by SL - and I've tried them all, and have owned Daim Blond and Chene.

However, have not tried Five O'Clock - so that I will do. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
    Don't be afraid - it's not the normal SL base that it sounds like you don't like. There's no honeyed, thick base in this one. It's a great, crisp scent that lacks the signature syrup SL undertones.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

jrd4t - you nailed that on the head!

btw, I took the liberty to peek at your 'drobe - awesome!! And great picture!

you wardrobe is cryin out loud for the Cotume National Scent Intense ! every drobe needs least one "Sexy" scent.

Jenson -

You are absolutely right - and I know what you mean. But how does one define a "sexy" scent?

Should be a separate thread I guess......

I voted for the Costume National. It's just a pleasure to wear and is probably gonna be one of my next purchases.

Tea for Two smells nice, but I didn't really find it to be wearable. I'm not sure I want to walk around all day smelling like smoky tea. I haven't smelled the L'eau Rare before so I cant comment on that one.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

CN is avaialble at fragrancenet.com for a much cheaper rate than Luckyscent (Thanks to Irrbloss for this Info....)