Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Monday 1 June

Good morning!

I was about to spritz on some L'Artisan Jour de Fête but it seemed a teeny weeny bit too sweet for such a warm weather, so I picked another Giacobetti - EdPFM En Passant instead. Perfect for Lilac Time!

Wish you all a good start for the week, June and last but not least - summer!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 1st June 2009 at 05:59 AM. Reason: fatal error aka the sotd bug
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Monday 1 June

Olivier Durbano

JADE

I'm actually sitting here wondering what to spritz on, but my gaze just fell on a dear old friend and I thought 'Of course!'. Hang on a second...
    *sprrrz sprrrz*
    Jicky edt!

And from the way I had to shake the bottle to get those drops out, I think I need to add this one to the 'this year I finished' thread. I bought this bottle back in early summer 2006 and particularly remember wearing it that July on a holiday in the French Pyrenees with my husband's family, including his dear Mom, who died that October. So it's a very special scent for a lot of reasons.

And just in time to replenish it, I'll be passing through the Duty Free stores in Zurich airport next Sunday with my own dear Ma, as we're going back to Wales with her for ten days more convalescence. She and my hubby keep telling me Im doing too much. So I'm listening to them and doing more embroidery and knitting and less cooking and cleaning! (Not complaining too loudly, you'll notice! I am lazy by nature!)

Here we are enjoying a day off, to celebrate Pfings, which is Pentecost, I guess. It's lovely and sunny and we're out in the garden, potching contentedly.

Now, where did I put my cross-stitch?
    Have a good day, all
    xxx
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

A meeting of the niche expensive and the hardly known cheapie
    They seem to like each other......

Cannelle Orange by Clos d'Aguzon over Le Labo Fleur d'Oranger 27

A cool spicy and almost edible result. Perfect for this temperature

::I am sure the people from Le Labo will ban me from their shop for this act of barbarism::

Have a great Monday!
    Last edited by Riannon; 1st June 2009 at 10:11 AM.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

I'm with Tigrushka, wearing En Passant today. It's already too hot here.

Basenotes Plus

Caron Farnesiana

Have a lovely day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I'm wearing the last of a sample of L'Artisan's Fleur de Narcisse (thanks, Quarry!), which makes me house mates with Tigrushka and Alba. The L'Artisan fragrances are exquisite, but soooo short lived on my skin. The narcissus is reminding me of Je Reviens. I'd been craving Je Reviens lately so I ordered a 15 ml bottle of the parfum. Very much looking forward to that. Hopefully, it won't be unrecognizable.

Have a good day.

Jacques Fath -- Fath de Fath for me today -- juicy peach and patchouli -- layered with L'Occitane Fleur de Peche -- to increase the peachy effect.

Have a nice day and a nice start of summer.

Fragonard de Fragonard.

Have a good one!

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is ST Dupont Noir.

Top notes are lavender, mint and cardamom.
    Middle notes are nutmeg and cloves.
    Base notes are hazelnut, cashmere wood and vetiver.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Wordbird it sounds things are getting back to normal in your little Swiss corner of existence. I'm glad you've recovered so easily.

It was a busy stressful weekend at Stately Somerville Manor as the artist of the house (not me) was facing a submission deadline of yesterday. The huge piece she has been working on required some engineering and retrofitting that was unanticipated and made for a long weekend for my lovely artistic wife. My job was to run out to get supplies and lay low while the frustration level was rising and be supportive. Based on no new dents on my head and a completed submission I think the weekend was a success.

Today I am wearing the fruits of my labor from assisting Lt. Perez on the 3X3 Blind Testing thread:

Andy Tauer Orris

Andy Tauer is one of the nicest guys in all of artisanal perfumery. He is generous about sending out samples to the community, very forthcoming with information and clearly loves perfume. So why don't his scents send me the way they do others. Tauer has hit a solid 50% and even the ones I like are not my great loves. Until now. I had heard about Orris, the 2006 very limited release, and based on the note list it sounded like my kind of scent. Of course based on the note list L'Air du Desert Marocain is also my kind of scent and it leaves me cold and wanting more. Orris was first released as a series of samples to his faithful blog readers, see what I mean about nice. Then after much begging and pleading Tauer released a very limited edition of 200 bottles. The reason is that it is difficult to source the quality of materials needed to make this scent and that quality is evident at every stage of this one. I am a lover of iris and rose and the use of these with many of my other favorite accords might make Orris as close to a perfect scent for me as I'm likely to find. The top of Orris starts with the mix of iris, rose, pepper, cinnamon and grapefruit. The floral character is what hits my nose first followed by the tang of grapefruit and the zing of pepper and cinnamon artfully kept at a level that keeps the spices from overwhelming the florals. The iris, rose and cinnamon linger and are joined by what might be my favorite incense accord. This is is not the high mass incense or the head shop incense, this is incense from inside a Tibetan temple in which a fire is built as there is a smokiness in conjunction with the sweetness of the incense. Combine this with the now-dominant rose and cinnamon and the heart of this is incredible. Finally the woods make an appearance as a mix of sandalwood and agarwood (oud) show up and now turn this scent into a woody wonderland as the creaminess of the sandalwood complements the strength of the agarwood and brings this to a resounding crescendo at the close. Orris is a deceptively strong scent as it feels like a skin scent but based on the people around me it has some sillage and projection. I'm not in the habit of saying I'm looking for a "holy grail" or the "one scent I'd save in case of nuclear holocaust" but Orris is definitely on the short list of scents I'd consider for those positions.

Have a Marvelous Monday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Adolfo Dominguez Agua Fresca today as rain looms yet again.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Verte Violette by L'artisan
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 1st June 2009 at 05:18 PM.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Monday 1 June

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Attrape-Coeur for me today. Guerlain can be the solution to so many of life's small annoyances. No matter what, I feel well put together, womanly, in guerlain.

Good everybody Today I'm joining Ubu in a violet scent. For me it's Midnight Violet.Hope you all have a great day!

Bluebell

Have a great day, everyone.
    It's June!
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Hermès
    Hermèssence

VETIVER TONKA

Fleur de Liane by L'Artisan
    Thanks to a very kind and generous basenoter, I wore a bit of Yatagan to bed last night. It is extremely strong, herbaceous and bitter. It reminds me of Chinese herbal medicine in liquid form. I will continue to explore just to understand how has it became one of the best masculine for female.

June 1st is the International Children's Day. I don't know if it is much celebrated outside Eastern Europe, but here I am am wishing all of you and your kids a very happy day!

I am not a kid anymore by any stadards, but every year, several people congratulate me on June 1st. I am always happy about it!

For now I am wearing Caron's Fleur de Rocaille.

First day of Winter here in Oz...and a miserable cold one it was for me in our little Victorian country town.

Sampling Caron Narcisse Noir ( just rec'd an order from TPC )...I likey !! Not the usually heavy hitter I like in the cooler weather, but I see a place for it in my 'robe !

Hi, all! STILL running. Hope everyone is wonderful...

SoTD is Annette Neuffer's Opulental Avicenna

Avicenna notes:
    Head: Saffron Absolute, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Ginger, Cinnamon Bark, Mandarin, Bergamot, Petitgrain, Tunisian Neroli. Heart: Turkish and Bulgarian Rose Otto and absolute, Moroccan Rose Absolute, Tunisian Orange Blossom absolute, Jasminum Grandiflorum Egypt, Acacia Farnesiana, Indian Tuberose, Broom Absolute, Somalian Frankincense. Base: Beeswax Absolute Supérieur, Opoponax, Elemi, Labdanum, Bourbon Vanilla Absolute, Mysore Sandalwood, Siam Benzoin, Hibiscus Abelmoschus.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Basenotes Institution

Wake up fragrance Vanille Absolu Montale. Pinch punch ,first day of the month !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

COM DIVA- YAY !
    Don't you smell divine, in dear Annette's beauty.
    Rhiannon- I love such heresies, LOL.
    Therese, Guerlain makes all aches and pains better, baby.

Wordie- I LOVE your voice; Jacob heard you, and thought you sound LOVELY !
    [Ah, a new suitor...LOL !]

Prom night; I'm still in my "nachthemt ?", after making uncharacteristic phone calls to Der Schweiz and Holland, LOL.
    Sometimes, you just need The Voice, you know ?

I want to wear Visa, but I think I'm going to try to go scentless until I pick up my bottle of Azzaro Couture refill they're holding for me; all that citrus amber appeals.

Be loved and well, mes amis.

Brielle, baby- sois sage.

sotd:
    Gucci
    Pour Homme

Eau des Merveilles for a warm, sweaty, lazy "second Pentecost day" - I do so love the Dutch habit of extending holidays into Monday.
    EdM works much, MUCH better for me in the heat. In cold weather, it has a "poopy" quality that I can't quite get over. In the heat, its salty oranginess reads as a sort of abstract interpretation of human skin and fresh sweat that's quite attractive. I like.

Have a great one, all.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Good morning everyone!

Another hot day here in Wichita. Off-topic reminder: keep those furnace filters changed/cleaned OFTEN (monthly) and wash out the outdoor AC units (from the inside out)! Good idea to check units BEFORE you need them. Dirt/grass clippings/cottonwood are not your friend. You'd be surprised at how many people procrastinate, wait til it's 90 degrees, and then wonder why it's 3 days before we can get a service tech out.

Okay, off my soapbox!

Yesterday's SOTD: tested Aveda's Yatra. Very earthy top note that I'm not sure if I like, but the drydown was pretty nice, a rose patchouli.
    Lastnight's SOTE: the nice cool and crisp CDG 3. For some reason, I always associate this with a citrus, although I don't believe there are citrus notes in this?

This AM I am in: Jil Sanders Scent 79. Lovely.

Have a great and cool Monday, everybody!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

L'Air du Desert Marocain for this unbearably warm morning.

I don't know why so many people like the heat. To me it is like living inside a laundromat. Oh well. Summer is bigger than I am so I might as well shut up and let everyone else enjoy the party. Have a great day, all!

Cool Re: SotD Monday 1 June

Quote Originally Posted by Leesee View Post
    L'Air du Desert Marocain for this unbearably warm morning.

I don't know why so many people like the heat. To me it is like living inside a laundromat. Oh well. Summer is bigger than I am so I might as well shut up and let everyone else enjoy the party. Have a great day, all!
    Bless you, girl !
    I, too- am not wired for the swelter-
    Especially, in our non-tropical society, which INSISTS on rushing about , like decapitated chickens, LOL.
    INSTEAD of slowing the pace a bit, sensibly.

[Probably, also a touch of sour grapes-
    in that summer has never signalled 'vacation' for me.
    Only working harder than ever.]

End of rant.

In a bit of a rush today in ORGANZA INDECENCE.

Have a good one!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Loukhoum, Keiko M

wanted something soothing to stop me from getting too angry at work issues.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Blog Entries

L'A Fleur d'Oranger today-- mmm...

Ava Luxe opoponax intense

i will try to make this week an Ava Luxe week
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

Blog Entries

Begging/pleading/possibly crying with the loan people today. Need to delay those payments till a job prospect comes through. Wishing hope and encouragement to everyone else who knows the feeling.

Dior Homme today. It has comforting associations, like wearing a hug all day long. Thank you Daniel.
    <3 ... I'm blind crazy in love... <3

Fleurs de Citronnier

Fleur de Narcisse wore off in a nano second, as expected. Now, I'm wearing Ann Taylor Orange Nectar & Honeysuckle body spray on one arm, and Bath & Body Works Wild Honeysuckle edt on the other, and I smell like the most delicious cocktail. Alize punch with a flower on top.

Exquisitely me, honey, I'll be thinking of you and remembering you in my prayers. (((hugs))) There are a lot of people going through exactly what you are. I hope the loan people will be willing to work with you until you get back on your feet.

It's Dzongkha for me today.
    SMM, loved the Orris review. It sounds very special!
    Exquisitely me, I wish you good luck with your job hunt.

Still don't have my supporter status back, or my larger PM capacity.
    Last edited by Haunani; 2nd June 2009 at 12:19 AM.

Today I'm not wearing anything just yet (maybe this evening; I'll update later).

Yesterday, though, I wore Gucci's Envy for Men from my boyfriend's Sephora sample to see if, given a full application, it would work its magic on me too. Well, it did...mostly. It was really nice on me in the end, but too masculine for the first little while, and the drydown was just not quite as magnificent on me as on him. I think it'll be his next present... but I may steal a few squirts from time to time!

Also yesterday, he wore Dior Homme, also from a Sephora sample. I'm mentioning this here because I see that exquisitely me is wearing it today and I thought a few of you might also be familiar with it. Do any of you think it smells very similar to the original Burberry for Women? I've worn the Burberry for a year or so now, and all yesterday when I sniffed my boyfriend, all I could think was "you smell like my Burberry!" So naturally, I stole his sample and I will be conducting a side-by-side test in the near future!

Have a great day everyone!

Exquisitely me, you are definitely not alone. Hang in there--most banks these days are more likely than ever to work with homeowners towards a solution.

Leesee and Chaya, good to know I'm not the only one who doesn't love swummer (typo, but it stays). Fall and winter are my favorite seasons. Remind me again why I live in San Diego?

Wordbird, keep taking it easy. Enjoy the needlepoint, cross-stitch, some good books, and sitting on the couch, drinking wine, eating chocolate and watching A&E's Pride and Prejudice for the umpteenth time. . . . Wait, who were we talking about here? Anyhow, from one lazy girl to another, make the most of your convalescence!

SMM, you are a good man.

SotD: White Jasmine & Mint for teaching today. Hopefully it will ward off whining (I give a midterm today).
    Last edited by BlackCat; 1st June 2009 at 06:32 PM.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Warm (for North Scotland) today, driving about to a meeting and the scenery is lovely, all blue sky and sea, green new leaves with the odd patch of yellow here and there. Jicky for the main part of the day. Then home to a cooler late afternoon because there is a little mist coming in from the sea and a little more breeze wearing a little spray of Mahora for the evening.

Blog Entries

SotA (I only used 2 small sprays of this morning's scent and it's already gone) is a sample of SL Un Lys. It's a warm scent, very different from AG Des Lys which is cooler and greener. I have to think about how I feel about this scent. Usually I avoid musk and vanilla as they make me feel ill; Un Lys isn't having that effect. But even so, I'm not sure I could wear this. One tiny dab on my wrist and it is getting my attention insistently.

Seve Exquise for me today.

Chanel no 19 on this most perfect of days. Clear skies, low humidity, moderate temps- wish every day was like today.

I hope you can work something out, Exquisitely Me.

I wore my sample of Diabolo Rose again today, it wafts up so prettily. This evening is Malle's Cologne Bigarade.

WoW, it just hit 90, its Hot! Crazy hot for this time of year. SotD is Estee Lauder ~ Beautiful.

Hugs to exquisitely me from me, too. Hope the day (and week...and month) gets much better...

SOTD is AdP Colonia

Seems almost perfect this morning...

Hope you all have a great week.

Very cool here these days,
    but ohh so perfect for
    Lalique Le Parfum

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Good day all, hope monday is treating you well. For all the folks in Europe, where I wish I was still, you are enjoying a tranquil work-free monday, I do hope.

((Wordie)) Pace yourself love, even though you may feel as if you can jump back into it all, make sure you keep to the knitting and other stress free activities.

((Chaya)) (((Hugs))) xoxoxo

((Exquisitely Me)) I hope all things coming your way will bring good fortune, luck, and peace of mind.

((SMM)), now just exhale and go with the flow of the week. Your wife has the perfect champion in you.

For some reason I woke up, quite late, and immediately reached for vintage Blue Grass

I had just received another back up bottle of the vintage and just felt it was a perfect scent for the day.

Hoping all feel as tranquil as I do today; Orthodontist and I decided to do the braces come autumn, which will make for a more peaceful summer.

Love and hugs for all of you, the beautiful aroma here is intoxicating.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Am feeling uncharacteristically down-in-the-dumps, weepy and terribly hormonal, not to mention having a head cold. Vetiver Tonka is helping though :-)
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Quote Originally Posted by lovethescents View Post
    Am feeling uncharacteristically down-in-the-dumps, weepy and terribly hormonal, not to mention having a head cold. Vetiver Tonka is helping though :-)
    Do feel better sweety. Have a nice cup of hot chocolat, it makes troubles fade away and chocolat is good for you, especially during "hormonal" times.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Basenotes Institution

Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford (from a sample)

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Maison de la Vanille Givree des Antilles (I am glad no one in the market asked me what I was wearing). This frag reminds me very much of EL Pleasures Delight.

It is 96 degrees here and the lightness of the MdlV line wears pretty well.

Returned from Lisbon with a bottle of Mugler Cologne ('twas so hot there that I craved something cooling and refreshing). I had a great time there, meeting aquaintances and friends and making new ones at the conference.
    Sigh, now it's back to work tomorrow.

Hope you're having a good week everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post
    Do feel better sweety. Have a nice cup of hot chocolat, it makes troubles fade away and chocolat is good for you, especially during "hormonal" times.
    Thank you, Brielle87, for your kind words! I don't really have troubles, per se, I'm just so weeeeeeeeepy! You are so right, though, chocolate is a wonderful idea. Good thing I've got a few Belgians in the pantry (chocolate, I mean )!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Basenotes Institution

Hello all you gorgeous perfume people ! Hope your day is going well !
    I'm back from the gym and it's Jicky EDP for me now.
    Really needed that workout - the derriere got bigger after eating in London !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Actually forgot (!) to put perfume on during the day (got too absorbed into work; not a bad thing as such, but the irony is that it was perfume-related writing). Anyway, went for a spray of Citron Citron for the evening, just to revive and clear my head.

Scentless for daytime, suntan lotion for after work and now a spritz of OJ Frangipani. Temps in mid 80's here today - love it!

Quote Originally Posted by lovethescents View Post
    Chocolate, good music, not answering the phone, more chocolate. Chocolate pudding.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Femme EDP

Etat Libre d'Orange
    DIVIN' ENFANT