Code of Conduct

Default Amen Pure Malt ROCKS!/Quicksilver/KC TShirt/True Religion

I walked into Nordstrom today and they had Pure Malt on display. I tried it and thought I think all the Amen spinoffs relatively smell the same I liked this version very much. The boozy quality vamped up the sweetness of the caramel/vanilla notes and toned down the more acrid tar flavor.

I also tried True Religion, Quicksilver, and KC Reaction TShirt.

True Religion wasn't "bad" it just wasn't "good." It has a soft citrus flash that softens into a more soapy clean odor.

Quicksilver was surprisingly nice. A strong grapefruit burst starts it off and the sandalwood drydown is the most unique (not the best just the most unusual) I can recall. It's a rustic sandalwood odor as opposed to a creamy one (Floris) or a bitter one (Caswell Massey).

KC Reaction Tshirt is something I may buy. I've always been a huge Kenneth Cole fan. But none of his fragrances even mildly impressed me. This one isn't lights out awesome but it is very wearable and comfortable. It's something I would love to wear in the warmer climates. It smells like fresh air at 5 am when I go running. That crisp, cool air with the light aroma of fresh dew underneath. I think I'm buying this tomorrow it is so comforting.

Cheers,
    Al

Default Re: Amen Pure Malt ROCKS!/Quicksilver/KC TShirt/True Religion

Thanks for the reviews, Al... I have been looking for something lately that is really comfortable and lighter than my normal fare (I live in extreme heat). I'm excited to give Tshirt a try. I like what you said about the dewy morning air. This sounds intriguing!