Code of Conduct

Default The Most Interesting Man in the World

I was at a Hookah Lounge with some friends and one of them asked me what the owner of the lounge was wearing. Then we talked about how familiar the scent was. He asked me to ask the owner and I felt awkward but so did he but we kept walking past the owner taking a sniff which was of course way more awkward. My friends girlfriend finally got frustrated and said she's just going to ask. The whole thing was funny in a pathetically ridiculous way.

ANYWAY, turns out it was Pasha. So my friend goes and buys a bottle the next day. It really is a fantastic scent. It has a "pimpish" smell to it. I can see "The Most Interesting Man in the World" wearing this fragrance. Distinguished, sexy without being scandalous, and it boasts brilliant sillage.

Anyone still wear this regularly? And for the haters, what do you say is the fragrance for "The Most Interesting Man in the World?"

Cheers,
    Al

Default Re: The Most Interesting Man in the World

Regardless who wears it, I think Pasha is truly a most accomplished scent, so no reason to be a pasha-hater as far as I am concerned.

I like it a lot, but it doesn't last on me. I only got less than 4 hours from it. Also, my wife hates it because somehow it smells like a smoker for her. I guess I have to wear it only for my personal times.

This one time I tried pasha in an airport duty free shop. I sprayed it once on my wrist, and I made the mistake of not washing it off. While we were in the middle of the flight, people tried to throw me out the airplane, but the difference in pressure between the inside of the plane and the outside atmosphere had effectively sealed the door making it impossible to open. Once again physics had saved my life.

I'd say that the most interesting person in the world uses idole or white oud.
    Last edited by irish; 1st June 2009 at 02:39 PM.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

I remember wrist testing Pasha once at Saks, I remember liking it, but then it faded too quickly.

The most interesting man in the world would probobly wear Bois du Portugal by Creed.

I used to have a regular at my bar who looked just like the guy in the "Most Interesting Man in the World" in the Dos Equis commercials/ads(minus the facial hair). This guy was my hero. He was like family to the bar staff and he pretty much lived in our hotel more nights per year than he was at home. He used to always drink Heineken out of a wine glass. He was from Long Island originally, but was a Texas transplant and would always wear the coolest boots. He would tell the best stories and he would entertain us with his interactions with other people at the bar. He was the best.

I remember one day he came in smelling like a million bucks. It had to be something niche. I had to ask him what he was wearing, but I was afraid-- because he could be very dry at times. I asked him anyway. To my surprise he was wearing "Stetson Black". No kidding, it smelled inordinately good.

The most interesting man in the world wouldn't need a scent.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    The most interesting man in the world wouldn't need a scent.
    He wouldn't need anything, as his own innate interestingness would compensate for everything. But come on, the most interesting man in the world would wear fragrance out of choice.

What cracks me up here is that the famous Anak was afraid to ask a man what scent he was wearing. Hehehe.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    What cracks me up here is that the famous Anak was afraid to ask a man what scent he was wearing. Hehehe.
    Now as a MODERATOR you should know not to post something unrelated to the topic or not having to do with fragrance!! :^). Tsk tsk (waving finger).

Cheers,
    Al

Cool Re: The Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    A girl did it for him
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Thanks for asking. I wear a lot of Selection Verte
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I actually got to try Pasha this weekend
    I really didnt like it
    for some reason I got the expression "confused" when I had it on
    who knows
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

There isn't a week that goes by where I do not use Pasha. It does seem to polarize opinion though, many find the mint seam to be very unpalatable. What's not to like, a great masculine fragrance, excellent longevity, and a respectable sillage.

I LUUUUUUUUUUV Pasha and wear it regularly. Once, while wearing Pasha, I was nearly attacked by a rather comely SA while buying my girlfriend a dress.

Not complaining.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

The Most Interesting Man in the World doesn't wear cologne. His blood smell like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9GYocBqGyA

He once had an awkward moment just to see what it felt like

He lives vicariously through him self

He doesn't wear a fragrance often, but when he does, it is BdP

i agree with bois du portugal. i feel like the baddest 31 year old man on the planet when i wear it.

eric b

Quote Originally Posted by levente View Post
    The Most Interesting Man in the World doesn't wear cologne. His blood smell like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9GYocBqGyA
    Whoaa whoaa whoaa wait just wait how does that work? On a date does he take a moment to gash open his wrist? At the doctor's does the nurse (male or female) wonder why the alcohol swab smells like the guy they went down on to get a promotion? In a brawl does the opponent pause and ask "what are you bleeding?." How exactly does that scent of one's blood get recognized?

- Al

I like Pasha, but I don't think The Most Interesting Man in the World would wear it

Yes.....I have this.....and I still wear this every once in a while.
    Gary

While I have Pasha, I bought it due to bottle (I cannot say I bought it only due to bottle, but the juice is less good).
    Come on, I bought it in 90-s when Iron Curtain just falled, and good perfumes means ANY French perfumes for me.

TMIM could wear anything from cologne department, but I prefer him to wear something narcisse-like - subdued fresh flowery with bitter indolic edge.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

The most interesting man in the world wears Hermes - Eau d'Orange Verte but three sprays on him lasts over 6 hours with excellent siliage. That's part of what makes him so interesting.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

A fragrance smells best (and most interesting) when:

1. smelled on someone else / from a sillage distance
    2. you don't know what fragrance it is
    3. you don't own that fragrance

Thanks for letting us in on your detective work.
    Last edited by Delmar; 2nd June 2009 at 06:30 AM.

Quorom?

I'm not sure but i just saw a dos equis commercial and i keep thinking about what that man would wear. He's clearly modeled after Hemingway so my other thread may apply. Something boozy, leathery, and refined without being dandy.

Quote Originally Posted by petritheturtle View Post
    I'm not sure but i just saw a dos equis commercial and i keep thinking about what that man would wear. He's clearly modeled after Hemingway so my other thread may apply. Something boozy, leathery, and refined without being dandy.
    What? Like gunpowder? Himalaya by Creed in that case. Or maybe they should rename it Kilimanjaro.

- Al

Am I an asshole? YES!

I think Burberry London and RL Safari would be candidates for his fragrance. It would also make sense for him to wear something like Old Spice or Brut in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by petritheturtle View Post
    I love his accent. He reminds me of my dad, and my dad wore Pasha
    Last edited by arwen_elf; 19th June 2009 at 05:59 AM.
    Evenstar

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    He wouldn't need anything, as his own innate interestingness would compensate for everything. But come on, the most interesting man in the world would wear fragrance out of choice.
    How can you not love the term " Innate interestingness" ???

Since the world has well over 6 billion people, the most interesting man in it would have breath that resembled Patou PH, farts like Opium Homme EDP and feet that smelled like Heritage on a cool day.

He would also be smart enough to make all three in his kitchen using only carrot juice and a 3 day old turnip.

Quote Originally Posted by Delmar View Post
    A fragrance smells best (and most interesting) when:

1. smelled on someone else / from a sillage distance
    2. you don't know what fragrance it is
    3. you don't own that fragrance

Thanks for letting us in on your detective work.
    This is soooo true! I had never thought about it that way.