Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default June 2009 ~ Purchases

Looks like I'm first. I bought 15 ml of Je Reviens parfum on ebay, and also a bottle of the most recent version Ma Griffe edp - blind, which I'll probably regret as I've been reading the most recent formulation is way inferior to the vintage, although I think it's an improvement on the vintage reformulation. Anway...we'll see. I'm looking forward to the Je Reviens. I've had it on my mind lately, really craving the narcissus. I wore it so many years ago, when I was around 18 or 19. I was at an Oktoberfest celebration last fall and someone in the crowd was wearing Je Reviens, and it smelled so wonderful it's been on my mind ever since. Never did see who was wearing it.

Default Re: June 2009 ~ Purchases

I ordered the big honkin' bottle of Bois des Iles from the Chanel website. At least the shipping was free! Next month hoping to order 31RC.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

I bought a 15 ml. bottle of Anya's Garden Kaffir, after reading about it on the NowSmellThis blog. Just dabbed a bit on. It's interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    I bought a 15 ml. bottle of Anya's Garden Kaffir, after reading about it on the NowSmellThis blog. Just dabbed a bit on. It's interesting!
    What did you think?
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

Quote Originally Posted by kess View Post
    What did you think?
    I'm not quite sure yet! It does smell quite a bit like the culinary kaffir lime leaf.

I think it might be a fun casual scent for men or women on really hot days. I suppose it would be perfect to wear out for Thai food! :-)

I'm not quite sure yet! It does smell quite a bit like the culinary kaffir lime leaf.

I think it might be a fun casual scent for men or women on really hot days. I suppose it would be perfect to wear out for Thai food! :-)
    That sounds nice, Haunani! Armani Sensi has/had kaffir lime in it - I used to love that fragrance. I think it's discontinued now.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Although pinching pennies for self, simply MUST get some things for daughter's and her boyfriend's common birthday at the end of July. He loves Twizzlers, so I ordered Philosophy's Red Licorice shampoo & body wash.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I hope you got EdC because the other versions are pretty expensive!
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

Today I received a travel size bottle of Noir Epices. It was a blind purchase, but I am liking it very much.

Quarry, the Licorice body wash is delicious!
    Last edited by arwen_elf; 3rd June 2009 at 06:54 AM.
    Evenstar

Yay! Just received Ma Griffe edp and Je Reviens parfum in the mail. And I think I will love them both. Relieved.

Swapping is my new favorite hobby
    Today I got Hotel Costes
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

Received DK Gold EdP (to complement my EdT). Hmm, which means I did buy 2 bottles in May, but they are both 30 ml so hopefully I have a chance of using them up in my life time.

In the mail today:

Givenchy Gentleman
    Aramis
    Fendi Uomo

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    Quarry, the Licorice body wash is delicious!
    Oh, that's good to hear. You know how hard it can be to come up with birthday presents!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I've sworn off any perfume-buying until end-of-August at the earliest... And then today, walking back to work at lunch time (through Sephora, but I swear I was just window-shopping), I see tucked way back in the corner a 40 ml bottle of the now-nearly-impossible-to-find (at least near me) Mat Chocolat by Masaki Matsushima for $25. I caved.

Mat Chocolat notes: Top notes of black currant, grapefruit, watermelon and rose; middle notes - dark chocolate and cacao; base notes - sandalwood, coconut and musk.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Mmmmm...just received my Beautyhabit order. I had a personal coupon from a purchase I made a couple months ago, and with it I bought:

Reminiscence Patchouli Elixir and Pangea liquid hand soap in Geranium/Sage.

Incidentally, all the Pangea products are marked down at BH, and they are fabulous. I love the geranium scent (have it in bar and liquid hand soap now), and the pine body wash is a great post-workout liquid soap that doesn't dry the skin.
    Last edited by Asha; 4th June 2009 at 02:27 AM.

Blog Entries

Everyone smells great - Lessa clearly doesn't mess around, ordering all those huge Chanel bottles. There are two I'd buy in a heartbeat if they were available in 50 ml, but I just can't commit to the big jugs.

Today I fought my way out of the blahs with a completely unnecessary shopping trip to the city and I ended up buying MINI's!

First off, two old long-gone pre-basenotes favorites of mine that I'm dying to try again now that I know more and can figure out what they actually smelled like:

Bulgari Aqua Pour Homme & Dunhill Desire For A Man.

I also picked up, based entirely on cheapness and basenotes chatter, Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte & Caron Pour Un Homme.

I also got a couple of mini-candles: Les Parfums de Rosine Rose d'Ete de Rosine & L'Artisan Parfumeur Invitation Creole. Seriously, mini-candles have to be the biggest waste of money ever, but I really liked the Rosine line but couldn't imagine actually wearing any of them. Rode d'Ete spoke to me (rose + honey? I'm there!), so I bought the silly little candle. And I'm a well-documented L'Artisan junkie, so the Invitation Creole should go without saying (pineapple + mandarin zest + a woody base = yum).

Plus they threw in samples of L'Artisan Parfumuer L'Ete En Douce & Fleur de Liane, as well as Frederic Malle Geranium Pour Monsieur.

Not bad for a bleak Wednesday...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

IUNX Eau Frappe - the scent of yellow roses and lemon sorbet. Evanescent, but they give you a bottle the size of an LAPD truncheon in a spacey neoprene case.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Two vintage minis: Shocking! extrait and Je Reviens. From an especially obnoxious Ebay vendor.
    Last edited by soirdelune; 4th June 2009 at 12:16 PM.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Received Chinatown today.

15ml of Hermes Orange Verte and a 75ml bottle of L'Instant pour Homme by Guerlain (both from Ebay). The juice of the L'Instant is darker than I was expecting and the topnotes a little strange smelling, so am currently inquiring as to its age!

Basenotes Plus

VMihc, L'Instant hasn't been on the market all that long. I'd be more concerned that it is a fake.

Bought EL, Youth Dew edp in the blue bottle due to the chatter about it on Sniffapalooza board. (They were pretty specifc; it had to be the one in the blue bottle.)

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    VMihc, L'Instant hasn't been on the market all that long. I'd be more concerned that it is a fake.
    That didn't occur to me, I must say - thought that was more of an issue with Creeds - but it is a thought! This is a "brand new" tester in a white box. Maybe it has been in a sunny display somewhere - I'll see what the guy says.

Basenotes Plus

That could be. Sun certainly causes perfume to break down very quickly & the topnotes would be the first to "go".

Basenotes Institution

Ordered sample pack from Ajne in Carmel , CA Fleur Blanche, Bloom de Nuit and Passion. Really wanted to try Fleur Blanche after reading Scenthive's review.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 5th June 2009 at 04:02 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Got a 1.7 of Deseo. I really like this for summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ChantillyLace View Post
    Got a 1.7 of Deseo. I really like this for summer.
    Ooh! I wore that one alot last summer ~ LOVED IT!
    Just won a bottle of Trish McEvoy's Sexy #9...ebay.:bounce:Oh yeah, and a mini of Chanel's Bel Respiro!
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 6th June 2009 at 01:43 AM.

Matthew Williamson Sheer.

top - ginger, linden, green tea and bergamot
    middle - magnolia, lily, jasmine and lily-of-the-valley
    base - sandalwood, amber, musk and benzoin.

That sounds lovely - and sadly is not one of the 3-4 Matthew Williamsons that routinely turn up in my local T K Maxx!
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 6th June 2009 at 01:08 PM.

I bought my mother Juicy Couture EDP for her birthday today.
    Last edited by Ronin; 7th June 2009 at 02:40 AM.

I got Caron Farnesiana extrait during my NYC trip. I spent way too much time at the Bendels Memoire Liquide counter (@100 different fragrances in extrait meant for layering/combining) but didn't end up buying anything.

went to l'occitane with plans to only buy the hair mask (love the aromachologie scent)

came out with the myrte/myrtle kit. i never thought i'd buy any fragrances from l'occitane because i was always under the impression that they weren't lasting enough but i really liked the myrtle scent when it was tried on my skin. i don't have anything that smells like this. Initially went for a bee-line for the neroli but it was too warm and didn't stand out.

I like it but i'm not getting it the way the description on the website describes it.

"The wind rose guides sailors through the Mediterranean, where the lands announce their presence through a unique aromatic signature. L'OCCITANE pays homage to the beautiful natural treasures of the Mediterranean and invites you on a journey with the Notre Flore purse accessory."

not impressed by the round case though. it's plastic and looks quite tacky because of that.
    oh also saw a new fragrance on the website. The Bergamot! i like tea and i love the scent of bergamot.
    Last edited by wannabelyn; 7th June 2009 at 08:48 AM.

Donna Karan Essences : Jasmine

Basenotes Institution

Well I am floored and I am humbled because my DH took it upon himself to order me Jicky extrait from Bergdorf that I have been wanting so much.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 7th June 2009 at 04:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: June 2009 ~ Purchases

Mitsouko edp.

Basenotes Plus

30 ml Mitsouko PDT 50% full from eBay

The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Lucky Lessa! I constantly visit the Chanel site and keep hoping for smaller bottles of the new line. I purchased Paloma Picasso at TJ Maxx, so now I can give it a good try to see if I like it as much as I think I do! And for the first time, I purchased Habanita. I hope that I like it as much as almost everyone on this web site does. I am won over by the fact that it comes in lotion & shower gel.

Just placed an order for some Possets scents, including Scented Gloves and Goodness. Looking forward to trying them.

A few days ago I purchased some "make your own perfume" samples from Parfums Raffy. I am sure my efforts will be clumsy, but the experiment will be fun and not too costly.

I bought Cristalle edt yesterday. It's like being reaquainted with an old friend. I owned this once before, about twenty years ago.

Blog Entries

Hi all!

Gump's in SF got in a new line a little while back and I was sniffing my way through it. It's called Oritigia.

It's very Sicilian. I fell for the over-the-top bottles with the cute cheetah things and ended up buying the Lime Di Sicilia because it had better depth and longetivity than the Trumper Lime I was originally going to pick up.

It's quite bright and has some neroli to keep the brightness going. I also got some grass and mint. Full report later...

I also got samples of the new Dr. Vranjes Extrait line. Their house note seems to be mint, so all their scents, for better or worse had a bright summery minty blast on the top, whether called-for or not. And none of them smelled at all like what they're called either. Blind buying definitely discouraged - I got samples of Vetiver Poivre, Gigember Estragone, and Bergamotto Mirto.

Happy shopping, everyone!
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Bought a fb of Highland Lilac of Rochester. (Then I went and posted it by mistake on the men's discussion board!)

Just bought Ava Luxe Moroccan Mint Tea...yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! Finally! I've been itching for it for ages....

Am seriously thinking of a blind buy: Molinard Muguet....
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Mure et Musc Extreme in the limited ed. bottle since L'Artisan currently has free shipping. I love the bottle. It looks like the harvest bottles. It is so pretty.

Emma
    Last edited by EmmaGrace; 14th June 2009 at 12:52 AM.

Just won a sealed bottle of the original (1950's) L'Interdit parfum, by Givenchy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Just won a sealed bottle of the original (1950's) L'Interdit parfum, by Givenchy!!!
    Wow! Enjoy! Report back please.

I went to Bath & Body Works today. They had a 75% off sale, so I bought some Pink Grapefruit stuff, which is why I went there, as well as some Coconut Lime Verbena stuff, and a bottle of Bigelow's Rose Water, which I think I'll keep in the fridge for those hot, hot days (like today!).

I ordered last week Silk (Soie) and Milk from Ava Luxe. Blind buys.
    I'm waiting impatiently for the package
    ~ Anais ~

Basenotes Institution

I received my Jicky extrait from Bergdorf yesterday afternoon .

I decided to fill in some blank spots in my collection with some cheapies:
    Shalimar light (1.7oz), DKNY Woman, CK Truth (really like this), SJP Lovely, and Youth Dew.

Still on backorder: Montale Black oud, Annick Goutal La Violette, Tauer Rose Chypre
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

I bought a part bottle of Chanel Egoiste EDT, I saw it mentioned as being quite sweet and spicy with wood and vanilla in the dry down so I thought I'd give it a try.

Splurge at Ava-Luxe!
    Moksha
    LTBL
    White Lilac
    Waterlily.

NU edp YSL
    ~ Anais ~

Chanel Cristalle EdT
    Gucci Flora (yes, that new sneakily gourmand one--has passed multiple tests without souring, funking, sweating, stinking--therefore, a winner)
    --not a frag, but I have to mention Clarins Delicious Self-Tanner, so easily added to the Saks Bag. This is the best self-tanner I have used.

Basenotes Institution

Received the Ajne samples of Fleur Blanche, Bloom de Nuit and Passion. So far, I have just tried Fleur Blanche. Very nice rendition of gardenia so far .
    Their sample kit is very very cute- those teeny bottles are so cute !

The Chanel boutique in NYC had No. 19 parfum in stock. I've been wanting to try this for years. I couldn't resist, I bought it.

Wow, they had No.19 parfum? Was it a purse spray or a splash bottle?

Blog Entries

Smile Re: June 2009 ~ Purchases

Mitsouko EDP, Ambre Gris, Arpege Homme, Nikos, and Tumulte.

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Wow, they had No.19 parfum? Was it a purse spray or a splash bottle?
    Yes, I was very surprised! It's not even listed on the Chanel website. It is a 0.5oz (15ml) splash bottle, $160. The nice SA said they got some in because there was a demand for it. It wasn't out on display though. I just asked if they had the parfum for the heck of it and they had it! If anyone is interested, it's the Chanel boutique on 57th Street (212)355-5050.

I bought Ava Luxe's LTBL as a blind buy but I'm 99% sure I'm going to love it. I can't wait! (I don't think there are enough exclamation points in the English language to fully convey the "squeeeeeee" factor)

I'm also waiting on a good variety of perfume oil samplers from Theme, as they seem to have much better staying power on me in the hot, humid Souther summers. I ordered Sarong, Sarong Noir, Bikini and Frolic. I think.
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

Basenotes Institution

I ordered Songes EDT from Reirien .

I ordered No. 23 from Ava Luxe. I can't wait to get it! I also ordered some Gucci Envy for my boyfriend because it smells ridiculously good on him!