Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 2 June

Dipping into a collection of fruities sent by Musse, I'm wearing Britney Spears Believe -- stunned to find it pretty darn pleasant for this ilk.

Carry on, my aromatic army!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Still in Odalisque and today I got a compliment at work.

Today I am so happy to test L'Heure Bleu.

First started with Hadrien Absolu..
    then tested Chanel's beautiful 28 La Pausa

.. and now in need of a serious cool-down again with the first mentioned
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Jour de Fête today!

Aqua Allegoria Pampelune - haven't worn this in ages, forgot how much I love it!
    Currently wearing: Farnesiana by Caron

L'Artisan Passage d'Enfer, a bit of incense to cleanse the soul (well...)

Blog Entries

Starting the day with OJ Frangipani

Hugs & best wishes to Haunani and Haunani's Hubby on this big day - happy birthday and also congratulations on the retirement! Wearing the plumeria in honor of you (just imagine that they are lei instead!)...

heart of ice

I'm wearing Safran Troublant today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Perfect summer weather here today, hot and sunny. Scent twins with RainDropSparkle in Ormonde Jayne Frangipani.

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    I started out in Eau des Merveilles again, but after smelling the downstairs neighbours delicate combination of wet dog and rotting laundry in the hall, I was in dire need of refreshment. Hiris it is.
    I hear you! Some awful no-sense-of-hygiene-whatsoever-guy has moved into the flat next to us. We share a hallway. I swear, he lives ENTIRELY on curry and pot noodles and NEVER CLEANS. He sometimes leaves dirty socks and trainers outside his door. The hallway now reeks. We've got to sell this place soon; I'm plotting various things from burning wax tarts to DDT before people come to view the property.

I've been wearing Lush's Gorgeous face moisturiser overnight and the smell of orange blossom seems to be everywhere. This morning I reached for Dior's Escale à Portofino and how lovely and refreshing it was!

Spent the whole day gardening couple of days ago and the things I've planted, fed and pruned are already lifting their heads up and doing well. Lots of new blooms and brightness out there! Somehow Escale is going well with the gardening. I feel that my grandmother may have had some kind of smell-alike cologne that she must have worn at our summer house. (She did enjoy a bit of 4711, Blue Grass and Oscar de la Renta).
    Last edited by Nukapai; 2nd June 2009 at 07:53 PM.

Hermès
    UN JARDIN SUR LE NIL

Blog Entries

Hi all!

Today I'm trying my first test of a Parfumerie Generale, their semi-new Louanges Profanes.

This one started out pretty odd, but got nice.

The opening smelled like menthol and something vaguely aquatic - the closest thing I could compare it to are those big blue sore throat lozenges, or maybe Aim gel toothpaste.

After about an hour, a strong baby powder came in over the weirdness, eventually bringing the blue menthol to an end.

The menthol strangeness was replaced by a peppery bread note, still under the heavy powder.

Eventually, the pepper subsided and some light florals came in.

For the last few hours, this has basically smelled like L'Heure Bleue with powder on top and a bit of flowers peeking through the powdery haze (by the way, though this isn't really my style, this part smells beautiful...)

Recommended for L'Heure Bleue fans who want something more powdery and feminine, who are willing to wait through an hour of completely unrelated and strangely masculine topnotes...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??
    Currently wearing: Everest by Avon

I cant believe how hot it is here for the 2nd of June! The temp keeps going between 97 and 98. We could make 100. This is like Aug. Happy retir-B.D. to Fred! SotD is Eau de Lalique. I Love this in hot weather!!!

W (Banana Republic)
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Just a touch of Bois d'Hiris in the heat.

Received some new Guerlain samples, so switched this week to a Guerlain sampling week (sorry, Ava Luxe!). Wore Parure in the morning, and switched to EL Amber Ylang Ylang in the afternoon.
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

New Yorkers (and Connecticutians, etc.), hope that you will be able to meet me later in June for some sniffing: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t-229621

Happy birthday to fellow Gemini Mr. Haunani, and congrats as well!

SotD: Vanilla Galante ( to Mrs. Haunani). Very interesting so far. Like most, I get only the slightest hint of vanilla. Instead, I get mostly lily, a bit of salt, just a touch of ylang (no banana here), and a note that I identify with cucumber seeds (also present, albeit more strongly, in Apres le Mousson). This one will bear several tests before I can make up my mind.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Prompted by the thread on honeysuckle, today I wore Jo Malone's Honeysuckle and Jasmine

Burberry for Women today. Might add some Dior Homme later!

Update: I did indeed try on some Dior Homme. It's not really that similar to the Burberry. It is very powdery and feminine though! Too girly for me, which is odd for something calling itself "homme"!
    Last edited by rem_dreams; 3rd June 2009 at 12:38 AM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by kess View Post
    Wore Parure in the morning, and switched to EL Amber Ylang Ylang in the afternoon.
    hmm, that layering was a mistake! mossy candyfloss??
    Last edited by kess; 2nd June 2009 at 11:00 PM.
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

Quote Originally Posted by ChantillyLace View Post
    I cant believe how hot it is here for the 2nd of June! The temp keeps going between 97 and 98. We could make 100. This is like Aug. Happy retir-B.D. to Fred! SotD is Eau de Lalique. I Love this in hot weather!!!
    I hear ya, ChantillyLace. It has been hot as blazes in my corner of our state. We had high winds today so that helps a little, but not enough.

Mr. H! Happy retirement! (hope he doesn't make you too nuts...)

Checking in quickly from conference week.

Stephanie de Saint Aignan - Beribades.

Dang this stuff's pretty. Love knowing I smell good.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

SotA: FM Une Rose, thanks again to the lovely Haunani.

I'm in love! At first, I thought, hmmm, rose soliflore, kinda like Serge's. Then the "winey dregs" kicked in. Plus a little mushroom/truffle vibe. Might have to look into a split for this one.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Blog Entries

OK, I hope I don't get a slap for corrupting one fragrance or the other...but...

A couple of hours ago, I tired of the OJ Frangipani that I started the day with...so I used what I had in the office (alcohol, baby wipes, etc.) to rub off what I could...and then dabbed on a bit of C&S Rose that I had handy in my purse.

You know - the C&S Rose over the OJ (not completely removed!) is weird but quite nice! I'm becoming quite enamored of what I think is patchouli "done up" with florals.

Weird but quite nice - some people describe me like that, too! LOL

Back to work...
    Last edited by RainDropSparkle; 2nd June 2009 at 11:42 PM. Reason: clarification

I started the morning with Bvlgari au the Vert and, unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have much staying power on me. When I got in from work, I went with Dammuso by Profumi di Pantelleria...which isn't sticking around all that well, either. I wonder if the humidity is wreaking havoc?
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

Chanel Gardenia for me today. I haven't worn it in awhile- so nice to rediscover things you love.

Eau de new York by Bond No.9
    Gary

Burfday present!!!

(That's Pamplelune, SMM.)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Good evening all, sorry I am late to the fragrance party, mama was in rare form today; I could use a glass of cognac, maybe 2.

Wordie, you and the family smell lucious, all in some of my favorite yummies.

Chaya love, no worries, J is a wonderfully responsible mensch. Give yourself credit for raising that boy right, he had a nice time I am sure and a safe one also.

Happy birthday to Mr Haunani and a wonderful retirement for you both to enjoy.

I started the day in Charles Jourdan Votre

I am now finishing the day in Fragonard Emilie

Love and hugs for all
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source