Code of Conduct

Default Which perfumes are you taking on holiday 2009?

I'm off on holiday soon and aiming to take only four frags with me plus a sample of Kai perfume oil. I think my final choice will be: D&G Feminine, OJ Frangipani, Ambra del Nepal, and Coco Mademoiselle.

Which perfumes are you taking on your summer holiday/vacation this year? Do you have an old favourite or is something new grabbing your attention?

Default Re: Which perfumes are you taking on holiday 2009?

I would probably take a bunch of samples -- for a summer vacation, something flowery and summery.
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

I'm not going to take a trip back home (or anywhere else abroad) until September, which is when my best friend's baby is due (!) and I must rush over and babble at the new person. Fragrance choices will therefore probably be accessible, refreshing and subtle. Too early to decide. I'm 99% certain that whereEVER I travel from now on, WHENever, I will have a little spray of Miller Harris Citron Citron to hand. It is medicinal in a good way.

Meanwhile, I've got a week's holiday coming up again soon, but it'll be spent out and about in London and doing DIY at home. Fragrances will be within easy reach. Might go for a few days of sampling though. I find sampling distracting because new scents make me think.

"Eau de campagne" by Sisley and "Hollywood Stromboli 1950"(Parfums 137). And maybe my most favourite "Aloha Tiare" by CSP.

For Shanghai I need to really wear things different from what I normally wear ( heavy!) so I'm going for one of the L' artisan moods( maybe 2) laundromat from demeter and maybe voleurs de rose. I think the last one will be light enough to wear too. I was considering buying infusion d' iris but I just dont like it enough to buy it, unless I see it heavily discounted somewhere. Maybe La chasse too.

L' artisan is known for being a bit transparant but in that heat it's going to be a good thing. I'll bring decants and the mood bottles are only 15 ml anyway
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

You're going to Shanghai! Wow!

I think I will take some decants/samples, including Ormonde Woman, LdDM, LTdUF, China Pearl, and Osmanthe Yunnan. But if I feel the need to really pare things down I will take just OW, LdDM, and China Pearl.

I have no plans as yet... *Sad face*
    BUT I might drop by family of mine in Italy. Hypothetically, then, I would take Jil Sander Sun (sure thing), Ouarzazate (sure thing), Moroccan Mint Tea (likely) and maaaaybe Hiris. In decants, since I don't wear much in the heat.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Not going on hols until October, but St Lucia will be very warm and humid, so I will need something refreshing and uplifting with me. Madison Soiree is my favourite in that genre at the moment so will most likely be bringing it, but will have to decant it as the 100ml bottle is too big and heavy to pack.

No firm summer holiday plans here yet. My husband is pretty busy working, but I did get him to agree to take Fridays off this summer so we can do some weekend getaways here in Virginia - to the beach to our east, and to the mountains to our west. I usually bring sample vials and decants when I go away. I'll probably bring Worth Je Reviens with me...it's my latest purchase and I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival. I'm also living in Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere lately, so I'll probably decant some into a smaller atomizer to bring away. Everything else is up for grabs.

What a fun idea for a thread as it gets us all thinking about relaxing times ahead :-)

We're planning a week on the sandy banks of Lake Ontario (and vicinity), building messy sand castles, walking through vineyards, giggling with old friends, and chasing around our happy children. I'll bring a bunch of samples for the heat and for the evening, all summer-related. My Saffron Jamses for sure!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Big Fat None. I have learned the hard way. For whatever reason, I cannot stand wearing fragrance when I am traveling. Last year I drove through northern New Mexico at odds with Lancome Climat. Over Thanksgiving I fought with Castelbajac and one of the Maison de la Vanilles. Then, in January, the Key West showdown with Monyette.

Wearing fragrance on holiday is just not a pleasurable experience for me. I don't mind trying fragrances while away, but I wouldn't bother to wear any until I get home.

The only "fragrance" I willl bring with me on this next excursion is Boots body butter, the milk/almond/pistachio one. This is a mild floral, not a gourmand.

I will most likely bring L'ombre dans l'eau.I think a green scent would suit the Greec,hot climate Maybe also decants of Feminite du bois, C&S # 88 and Jicky.

Last time I went away for a long weekend I brought along decants of Sous le Vent and Narciso Rodriguez for Her EdT, and a little bottle of Mitsouko parfum.

I'm leaving tomorrow for Paris! I've never been there but it looks like it will be warm and humid. I plan to take samples/decants of Guerlain Sous le Vent, Chanel No. 19, Jo Malone Orange Blossom Cologne, and EdPFM Vetiver Extraordinaire. Oh, and for evenings or cooler days, Tom Ford Velvet Gardenia and I can't decide what else.

Great question. I think perfume can be an at-home substitution for travel, when the right fragrance transports you to a different mindset.

If I can actually get things together for a short backpacking trip through Peru next month, then definitely Sienne l'Hiver (perfect for ancient cobblestone streets, y/n??) and some Rock Crystal or Vetiver Dance. Also going to New England in August. Still looking for a green-citrus to battle the humidity for that one...