Code of Conduct

Default Nicole Miller for men...any thoughts?

Hey everyone. I bought this blind at Marshalls last week. It was a really good price (under $15), so I figured I'd take a chance. To be honest, I purchased it because I had sorta mistaken it for Jill Sanders' fragrances. I've seen comments here and there about Jill Sanders' discontinued fragrances, and when I saw Nicole Miller, I was thinking Jill Sanders. Wrong designer. Turns out though-when I got home and viewed the reviews on here, people seemed to like it. I'm kinda on the fence about it. It has an old leather & tobacco smell that's part pungeant, part pleasant, but which part is in the majority? I'm not sure. What do you think?

Default Re: Nicole Miller for men...any thoughts?

Major league fragrance, minor league longevity...

It seems to have reasonable longevity on my skin.

I like it, mid range hitter.

Problem for me is that I prefer Everlast Original 1910 when I want a fruity leather frag.

I sampled this at Perfumania last year and it smelled like a combination of something used in a humidifier when you are sick and/or Dettol soap.

I have no doubt I that I need to sample it again from a different bottle.

I am not that fond of Nicole Miller unfortunately. Too fruity and boozy. I find it gross but don't take that as an insult to your tastes ( for anyone who enjoys this). Boozy fragrances just don't work for me generally ( ie Escada pour Homme). The note pyramid looks impressive and made me want to sample it.

obviously a question of tastes, as this definately fits into the syrupy thick boozy fruit laden demo, but I have to admit that I'm quite fond of it. To me this is more of a "fun" scent than an office or formal frag. Something that you might throw on before going out to a spring party or to the beach. I would be careful in extremely warm weather because the syrupy notes could become quite cloying under high temperatures, but like anything else the volume of spray applied will exude how much "you" everybody gets to experience. I would say it is very good for such an easily attained discount fragrance, but I've read that the vintage juice is much more refined and complete. Try it a few more times, and if it works for you than great! If not than I'm sure you will find someone you can unload it on
    At your service

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Problem for me is that I prefer Everlast Original 1910 when I want a fruity leather frag.
    I don't know if it was old school week or something, but interestingly enough-Marshalls had that too! lol And I was standing there recalling all of the Everlast mentions on here and wishing there was an open box so I could sample the juice. Also, in the Nicole Miller reviews on here, several people mentioned 1910 as well.

I gotta say though...I have a certain perception about fragrances from sport brands like Everlast, Addidas, Nike, etc. I just relate them to run of the mill drug store fragrances that might be "ok" in quality, but not special or worth buying, unless to wear solely for sporting activities. I dunno if I can shake that.

Sur la Plage

I think it is a very good "boozy" fragrance. I have no longevity problems with it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I tried it in a hurry among other scents, I did not find it good enough as to include it in my wishlist: there were pungent - boozy - spicy notes that did not appeal me at all.

I concluded that it needed a thorough evaluation, maybe due to its complexity.

Does it remind any of you of Ungaro I distantly?

I kept trying to remember what was somewhat familiar about it -- and then it hit me - Ungaro1 !

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Does it remind any of you of Ungaro I distantly?

I kept trying to remember what was somewhat familiar about it -- and then it hit me - Ungaro1 !
    Does it have wormwood in it?

For some reason it's one of those that has left me indifferent. I haven't touched the bottle in 11/2 years, though maybe I should try it again, in fact, seriously explore it. Too much stuff to play around with...
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I own three bottles...when it had gotten scarce for awhile, I purchased a bunch and it has since turned up all over the place? I love it though...boozy, tobaccoey, orangey...smells like a really good alcoholic drink while smoking really expensive tobacco from a pipe....i have found women love it on met too! so im game for it.
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    Does it have wormwood in it?
    Gaah -- Please ignore my comment. I just checked the sample, It was Tiffany for Men, and not Nicole Miller for men. Confusion on my part -- Sorry

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Gaah -- Please ignore my comment. I just checked the sample, It was Tiffany for Men, and not Nicole Miller for men. Confusion on my part -- Sorry
    No prob Amit. I'm only familiar with the Ungaro I and I like the wormwood in it. I never tried Nicole Miller.

Cool Re: Nicole Miller for men...any thoughts?

I love Nicole Miller for Men. I haven't tried the new ones so I can't say if it's been reformulated.
    Has it?

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    I gotta say though...I have a certain perception about fragrances from sport brands like Everlast, Addidas, Nike, etc. I just relate them to run of the mill drug store fragrances that might be "ok" in quality, but not special or worth buying, unless to wear solely for sporting activities. I dunno if I can shake that.
    Thing is, EO 1910 was created by an excellent perfumer (Antoine Lie), and it did get a good review from Burr, so the only reason to avoid it is if you feel weird telling people that it's from Everlast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    I love Nicole Miller for Men. I haven't tried the new ones so I can't say if it's been reformulated.
    Has it?

Cheers,

Mario
    There was a bottle on the shelf at TJ's that had been opened so I did the right thing and hit the trigger three times on my left arm so I could compare them for you when I got home. It took me about an hour to finish errands and to pull shoeboxes out from under the bed until I found the one with Nicole M bottles in it. Bottle in hand I was about to spray when I thought to sniff the one I was already wearing only to find it was already gone. Now NM never really had that much for legs in my book but the new one? Think Nicolas Cage with gray hair, "Gone in Sixty Minutes". Long story short, yah, reformulated. Smelled like Nicole Miller, bourbon and hay, or wet cardboard if you use one shot too many, but has the half life of your average niche bottle.

Thanx to all that commented. For those that think the llongevity on your skin is not up to par...I haven't worn it quite enough to say yay or nay. Sometimes though-I'll spray it on the back of my hand, and an hour or so later, there is some strain to detect it. But it's still there. I have to give it a few more wears though. It's one of those fragrances though, that I'm pretty sure won't get a lot of daytime wear. It just seems to be suited for colder, evening wear.